No staff members are online!
We have received
page views since
July 27, 2010

Hits New Today: 5188
Hits New Yesterday: 13105

Server Time
23 October 2018 10:09:05 AEDT (GMT +11)
Mustang Technical Discussion > Mustang Projects > Husky's 65 Restomod > Community Forums > Mustang Forum Australia - Mustang Tech

Forum Index > Mustang Projects

Husky's 65 Restomod Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 350, 51, 5257, 58, 59 Next
hybrid
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Husky65 wrote

I actually have an idea, as I have some meth injection stuff sitting here. I was thinking about using a t-adaptor and running another line to a small nozzle directly in front of the novi intake. Same as the pre-turbo meth injection they used. What do you think, give it a whirl?

If you like your impeller, I wouldn't do it. Lots of info about it eroding the impeller.
I would do it like this:

You will probably get some shooting out your valve when you back off though.

Last edited by hybrid on Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Husky65
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

Yeah that setup, although it looks neat, is still post impeller and I may as well run my discharge tube. I've seen posts about eroding impellers, but the only reasoning for it I could find seemed to be incorrect nozzle sizing and placement in ribbed intake rubes. Also, turbine impellers spin alot faster. I have a small Devils own nozzle here, and I could make a bracket that places it directly in front of the Novi as I don't run an intake tube. Anyway, you can buy replacement impellers 😂😂

hybrid
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Even water in a river erodes rocks over time.
It will happen, it's just a matter of when.

If it's atomising perfectly it will do least damage. But yeah if you wear out the stock one, you can buy one of the 918motorsports impellers that are supposed to gain 10-15% Mr. Green

Husky65
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

Yeah I know what your saying. Judging by the amount I drive my car now it will probably last until the next ice age.
I will have a think about whether to put the extra nozzle in the discharge pipe or pre novi.

So took the car to Liverpool exhaust today, Shev down there is a top dude and fit my car in between their host of other cars. Got it towed back to mine this arvo, and went through the checks and balances with everything. Sounds is a lot throatier with the headers, and a bit louder but not too much. Just a different sound. I have a bit of a ticking sound on the passenger side, will investigate later on. I'll re-tighten the headers tomorrow. The oil and residue burning off the wrapped headers was pretty intense ha ha, our neighbours thought our house was on fire.

The headers do sit low, but not too bad. I will get a pic of them tomorrow. Hopefully the lighter heads have raised my front end enough to compensate Laughing

Quick pick at liverpool exhaust. The open headers, while stupid loud, sound pretty cool. It would be good to have a valve to switch to open headers now and again....you know, scare the school kids burnout

Last edited by Husky65 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Husky65
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

[quote="gbx78"]
Husky65 wrote
hows the big bubba?? i nearly went that but thought it'd be too big and too loud. keen to hear how she goes!

So took it for a quick drive. The big bubba seems much quieter. Either that or my car is now much louder with the headers. But cruising at 60-80, the jet plane sound that I had before is gone.

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 👍 / 0 👎

Are they a couple of the containers that fell off the ship near Newcastle?

Kerry

"Thank you Boofhead for the wonderful memories"

Husky65
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

Full of sweat shop workers so perhaps you're right Outta here!

Installed the new Aeromotive 340lph fuel pump. So small, same size as the walbro 255 it replaced. Also installed a relay in the trunk right next to the battery, so the fuel pump is getting full interrupted power.

Installed the DO nozzle in front of the novi inlet also. Will have a play and see how this works.

Took it out for a drive and everything seemed fine. A lot different sounding and a lot quicker. It definitely needs some dyno time though, as it had very conservative timing with the thin deck 54cc iron heads. Now that I have 61cc alloy heads, I want to really up the timing and get her moving. You can feel it wants more timing. I will try to wait until the dyno, although I'm tempted to make some adjustments right now. burnout

What timing are you running Hybrid?

Last edited by Husky65 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

hybrid
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

I have two separate maps that I switch back and forth when meth is active.
I have a pressure sensor in the meth line set to about 25psi. When it activates it sends a signal to the ECU to switch maps.

I wouldn't go too aggressive unless you have some kind of fail safe in place because the meth will let you push a lot harder.
I have an extra 5 degrees of timing on meth at the moment, but it's not fully tuned because the box was slipping.

I've got around 21 degrees timing at 10lbs boost on the light tune, and 26 on meth. Very basic rule of thumb is remove 1 degree of timing per PSI compared to what you would have NA.

Husky65
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

Yeah I have a snow fail safe piece that is connected to the haltech. If there is a flow failure, it will send a signal to the haltech and it will switch maps to a safe map. So basically I run on my meth tune the whole time, unless there is a meth failure. I can set my meth when to come in though and when to hit full pressure. Currently starts at 2psi and full at 5psi.

My current tune is around 17-18dg at 10psi. I'd like to bump it up now to the mid 20's. It's so tempting to do it right now.

hybrid
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Go to the low 20's.. even a few degrees will make a difference you can feel and should still be safe.
Mine is due to go back on the dyno soon if you want to bring yours too.

Husky65
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

Which place do you go to? I know you've told me before but I have a bad memory obviously

Last edited by Husky65 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

hybrid
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Ultra tune at blacktown. I just pay for the dyno and Krisr on here presses buttons

Husky65
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

Yup I remember now. Sounds good, let me know when you plan to go.

unilec5544
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

Husky, you must have a workshop full of used parts, so when is the big garage sale. Snigger

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

unilec5544 wrote
Husky, you must have a workshop full of used parts, so when is the big garage sale. Snigger

Yeah that's nothing I've got 3 engines and have used any of them

All times are Australia/Sydney
Go to page Previous 1, 2, 350, 51, 5257, 58, 59 Next

Jump to:

TopPostersToday
   Edz66Vert 

hybrid 

Pinto-Pete 

Shaunp 

Dwayne 

geoff289 

LatestForumPosts