No staff members are online!
We have received
page views since
July 27, 2010

Hits New Today: 2898
Hits New Yesterday: 31000

Server Time
25 April 2018 02:18:01 AEST (GMT +10)
Mustang Technical Discussion > Pre 1973 > MARTZ CHASSIS > Community Forums > Mustang Forum Australia - Mustang Tech

Forum Index > Pre 1973

MARTZ CHASSIS This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Shaunp
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Get Earl Gillcrest's details from QLD transport, before you go any further, ask him if it can be engineered for rego. Don't bother calling John Greene from Probe Eng, John is a mustang expert, and I know for a fact he will not entertain it. I suspect it would need to have a torsional bending test done on it once the shell is built. IE they put the car on a jig and twist it to see how strong it is.
For example it is illegal in QLD to cut and shut HQ rails on to tri 5 chevs, so no way you will get this pasted I don't reckon.

69candy
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

I would just buy the repo front rail clips complete, and weld in your existing rad support, or get a repo onr. New complete suspension kits are a very cheap option as well. Save a lot of headaches. but it is up to you as to what you want in the end

eaturbo_39
Junior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

The drop spindals are stronger and i have drum front brakes so it will alow me to put disc front end on easier same as falcons and so fourth. This is why i asked peoples opinions and my front end now does not have a vin on it now as it sits only the vin tag on the dash im pretty sure most of the front end had been replaced at some stage in the usa as for a second hand rusty front clip forget it id rather just buy the new gear from www.mustangautoparts.com.au and have a brand new front i mean i have brand new floor new fire wall. Floor is from tail light panel right thru to fire wall i spoke to the bloke at early pony parts and even he said most of them these days are not worth buying second hand but at least i know with brand new gear itt will never rust atleast while i own it any way lol thanks guys

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 👍 / 0 👎

No stamped VIN on the front end? You are really going to have issues registering this car. This is a huge problem.

Kerry

"Thank you Boofhead for the wonderful memories"

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Robin & his wife at Mustang auto parts are good people and very helpfull, they are about 15 min from me, carry a pretty large stock. For a whole floor though I'd consider getting some one to chuck it in a container for you. John Davies here at Wynnum in Brisbane does at least one trip to the US a year, to bring back Hotrod stuff, he normally gets you to order the stuff and have it delivered to his mates place in Cali then he and some mates go over for the California Roaster show load the conatiner and come back. May be worth considering, Ship the shell down here to Dave Johnson and have him fit the floor and rails etc. Dave will have the mustang rotissery there to do an 67 GT 390, that Kerry is bringing in for his next door neihbour.

For front spindalls on a 68, just fit Falcon ones, you can then run Falcon brakes or a bigger kit that suits, most falcons are 3/8 taller which helps a little with the camber curve. An entire new set of suspenion arms are about $280, a set of KFFL0 or KFFL59 Kings springs from the Golc coast will drop it plenty, for about $130.

Last edited by Shaunp on Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Here is my car with a mix of Falcon parts including RHD conversion we have done. Brakes are XY stubs and Rotors from a GT I wrecked, calipers are very late XF, you can buy EBC pads right up to full race for these. These alloy girloc calipers are extremely light

eaturbo_39
Junior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

You've done exactly what km doing now just without the rhd conversion. My floor and fire wall have just been fitted at the shop so all i need is the front now

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

When you fit the top arms you'll see I have put long bolts in the front hole. This allows you add caster shims here, for extra caster, and it help keep the wheels from clipping the front of the arch as a result of the extra caster. Falcon stubs other then XB will be 3/8 taller, these are the ones you want, for a better camber curve. All brake calipers will fit all stubs XY/XG. You'll see I've use cone lock nuts not Nylocs here as well this way the pipes won't wreck them when they get hot.

eaturbo_39
Junior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

Ok so the department of transport have no problems compliancing this front clip with a mod plate and an l02 wow didnt expect that. if i get it or not is something else not so sure on it now

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Did you speak to Earl or just some office jockey?

eaturbo_39
Junior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

I spoke to the director of car modifications and compliancing for qld or something like that sent him pics of the front end and all the info this morning

eaturbo_39
Junior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

Is that a complete new floor pan in your from tail light panel to firewall ?

eaturbo_39
Junior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

hybrid
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

eaturbo, are you posting from an iphone?

How are you managing to double post all the time?

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

eaturbo_39 wrote

No mate totally original floors , car had never been repainted just touched up over the years, check out my build thread. here is a picture of the floors prior to paint. This is factory red oxide and black overspray from the San Jose plant. The drips you can see in the new red oxide are actually factory drips so that's how it was from new. There are solid ones still out there, that's why Kerry suggested a good front clip off a wreck, be plenty in So cal, This car spent it's life in Santa Anna. He or Sean would find a good one. With repect to your car long term it will be worth more with a stock front clip, and be easier to sell as well. As time goes on, the closer they are to stock the more they are worth.

All times are Australia/Sydney
Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Forum Index > Pre 1973
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:

TopPostersToday
   jbb 

Pinto-Pete 

Astro 

xpconnor 

ants 

Dwayne 

LatestForumPosts
Last 10 Forum Messages

Project Lil Blue Coupe