No staff members are online!
We have received
page views since
July 27, 2010

Hits New Today: 13686
Hits New Yesterday: 13552

Server Time
22 July 2018 17:15:12 AEST (GMT +10)
Mustang Technical Discussion > Pre 1973 > MARTZ CHASSIS > Community Forums > Mustang Forum Australia - Mustang Tech

Forum Index > Pre 1973

MARTZ CHASSIS This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
eaturbo_39
Junior Mustang

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Has anyone had anything to do with martz chassis in the usa they make a sick front clip for mustangs including coil over front end with rack and pinion steering and allor inner panels ill post a pic soon

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

eaturbo_39 wrote
Has anyone had anything to do with martz chassis in the usa they make a sick front clip for mustangs including coil over front end with rack and pinion steering and allor inner panels ill post a pic soon

Good luck with getting that through engineering & rego. The transmission of forces during an accident to your body would be incredible (if not life threatening). Not a crumple zone in sight on those rails, the stock Mustang rails bend in an accident, the ones depicted will come through the car like a spear.

However, that is just my opinion.

Kerry

Not all heroes wear capes, some wear scuba tanks and swim by feel ........

"Thank you Boofhead for the wonderful memories"

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

They don't need any of that shit really, just fix what you have. I don't know DOT engineers in the Isa but i know a couple in Brisbane one is a Mustang expert, been converting them to RHD since the 80's the other does all the compliancing for Corvette QLD at Gympie, including all the Silverado's etc, Cobras etc etc, doing a early Hilux for a mate now that is running a Blowen Lexus V8, among other things, niether would look at it. Fix the rust, and keep away from the shiney stuff is my advice, and forget the Deawoo racks.

eaturbo_39
Junior Mustang

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

eaturbo_39
Junior Mustang

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

this will cost me less then half the price of fixing what I have plus having to weld it all together with measuring it all exactly where this is completely welded already that's all and with brake up grade steering upgrade bigger ball joints but they not replying to my emails any way so looks like im going stock I also think this looks better but any way

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

eaturbo_39 wrote
this will cost me less then half the price of fixing what I have plus having to weld it all together with measuring it all exactly where this is completely welded already that's all and with brake up grade steering upgrade bigger ball joints but they not replying to my emails any way so looks like im going stock I also think this looks better but any way

No way would that cost you less than half the price.

One, you have to fit it (good luck with that) & two, you need to find (& pay) an engineer to pass it.

If your car is all that bad on the underside, get a coupe bottom half & graft the top & whatever else needed on to it. Not hard & cost effective.

I would say they are not replying to your emails because they already know that their setup would be illegal here. I would bet in their fine print it would say "for off road usage only".

Kerry

Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Stupid question, but being made of aluminum wouldn't there be a lot of twisting and movement, especially with a decent motor putting out a good amount of power? I don't see how that setup is any better than the original anyhow it looks blingy but at the end of the day you don't even see any of that?

Pete
Mustang Project:
dynamicstang.blogspot.com

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Dynamic wrote
Stupid question, but being made of aluminum wouldn't there be a lot of twisting and movement, especially with a decent motor putting out a good amount of power? I don't see how that setup is any better than the original anyhow it looks blingy but at the end of the day you don't even see any of that?

The round tube brace is "supposed" to stop the twist, but where it bolts to the firewall is not strong enough, just one thickness of 20guage mild steel. In a race car it would be tied to the roll cage, however the bend in the tube would negate that.

Kerry

eaturbo_39
Junior Mustang

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

This kit is only 3000 with 700 delivery to aus so the front frame rails are 660 each here top rad sup 380 bottom rad 180 cross member 300 rack and pinion kit 2100 brake kit 1200 upgraded drop spindals 300 each sway bar kit 280 so around 6000 for standard gear

eaturbo_39
Junior Mustang

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Not sure y its on twice. But i have a new floor pan in it already inc firewall thats why i didnt want to do the coupe change over and most of the ones i have found have been rusty so i would just rather new front aswell atleast i know for sure no rust

mikes68
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Are you posting from your mobile phone? Or refreshing a page from a mobile device?

Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails

moe
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

eaturbo_39 wrote
This kit is only 3000 with 700 delivery to aus so the front frame rails are 660 each here top rad sup 380 bottom rad 180 cross member 300 rack and pinion kit 2100 brake kit 1200 upgraded drop spindals 300 each sway bar kit 280 so around 6000 for standard gear

standard gear won't require engineer's approval. Will the mustang be registered? if so, have you spoken to your local engineer who will sign off on this? If he won't, it will be an expensive kit to replace.

Rack and pinion kit for $2100 is not standard gear. What brake kit? why the need for drop spindles. Sounds like your standard prices are not for a standard setup?

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

eaturbo_39 wrote
Not sure y its on twice. But i have a new floor pan in it already inc firewall thats why i didnt want to do the coupe change over and most of the ones i have found have been rusty so i would just rather new front aswell atleast i know for sure no rust

OK, then a used front clip. Very inexpensive. I source mine from CA wrecking yards, easy to get. Would be similar cost to ship.

Kerry

scott66stang
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Also be careful with the shipping price, because its over 1k au you would be up for gst, import duty, custom and broker fees and could easily add up to another $1500 on top of the $700 shipping

Converting Rust to Something Drivable

66 Fastback Fairstang Project www.mustangtech.com.au...art=0.html
67 convertibuild project www.mustangtech.com.au...art=0.html
Thought Collecting Couch www.mustangtech.com.au...=1739.html
Caddy Wacked www.mustangtech.com.au...art=0.html

tim_morrison82
Mustang Maniac

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

just curious if this non standard "front clip" would have exactly the same effect as the dynacorn bodies? its half a new car, the half that tells you how old a car is, etc...

there is no vin on this setup, and it is a major modification to the chassis, so would this need latest ADR compliance, etc for being a 2013 car?

i have a very bad feeling about this one... reminds me of all the talk on the pro comp heads, except this one will potentially cost a mint, and have the potential to reduce resale value dramatically if the plan fails...

Dreaming the dream... Living the reality...

All times are Australia/Sydney
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Forum Index > Pre 1973
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:

TopPostersToday
   hybrid 

Husky65 

Nuts 

nassi 

Astro 

Shaunp 

LatestForumPosts
Last 10 Forum Messages
Looks like the block is cracked - Never, ever buy Dart