No staff members are online!
We have received
page views since
July 27, 2010

Hits New Today: 17477
Hits New Yesterday: 13552

Server Time
22 July 2018 22:37:29 AEST (GMT +10)
Mustang Technical Discussion > Pre 1973 > 1967 Fastback GT 350 Replica Licensing Questions Perth > Community Forums > Mustang Forum Australia - Mustang Tech

Forum Index > Pre 1973

1967 Fastback GT 350 Replica Licensing Questions Perth Reply to topic

TheEsp
Baby Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

Hi Guys

I've recently just brought in a 67 Fastback GT350 Replica from the US. I took the car to get licensed and the guys weren't to sure about the rear lights.

The rear lights are like the ones from the Eleanor kit all red , does any know what I need to do to get this sorted. Will my auto electrician be able to sort something out with them.

I've seen similar mustangs in Perth with the same rear lights , and would just like to know what they did , to get the passed. Or if I just had a guy at the pits who doesn't know what a stock light unit should be like.

Thanks for you time guys.

Cheers

David

mikes68
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

The guy at the pits doesn't know what the stock units are like... they are perfectly legal as that is how they came off the production line and the ADRs are irrelevant as they did not come in until late 69. As long as they all work as they were designed then it should be no problems.

See if there is anyone on here from Perth who has been through the pits recently to give you more info otherwise touch base with MOCWA (Mustang Owners Club of WA) and the guys who do the concessional licencing inspections will certainly be able to put you straight and give you the argument you need to take to those guys at the pits.

Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails

Cameron
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

Nice buy. Make sure to post up some picts in the bear future.

In a kind-of answer to your question. I had my auto electrician wire up my brake lights so that they are soley brake lights and don't flash when I indicate. The driving lights at the bottom were then wired up to be indicators. Now, I realise that mine is a 65' and you have the larger lights at the back but something similar could be done.

Additionally. If you check out steph's website (user: blkpny) and search for the led tail lights on there he has a couple of gifs of lights (abit "modern" versions) working and flashing in a couple of different ways. I assume that they are legal.

Don't take what I am saying as gospel. However, you will find the advice on here to be comprehensive and informative.

Oh, and call someone an "ozbilt" when they piss you off.

S[_]SPECT
Mustang Maniac

0 👍 / 0 👎

Dont put in LEDs until after Pits.. Depending on where you go / who you get they may not pass.
Technically, they mearly need to function the same as factory (sequential is a no no) and have the same or better brightness (which in most cases they are better).. but I know some guys that have had to remove before licensing.

Cheers,
Birchy...
Dodgy Bros. Customs

Suspect 67 - www.mustangtech.com.au.../t=52.html

ponyride
Mustang Maniac

0 👍 / 0 👎

Welcome aboard David,
Pics are a must! As the guys have said normally you should be fine. I wonder if it gets technical because it's a replica (ie that's not how it left factory)? Maybe yours should be a genuine Shelby. 👼

FWIW I have licensed a 69 Shelby with the TBird light setup, it was stock. As Birchy says, sequentials are definitely a no no so if yours are, you may need to get a sparky to look at that for you. A red rear indicator light is acceptable but from memory they required only the outermost section of the light to operate as an indicator, not the whole lot. This may have changed.

The best info you can get is from the Technical Section at licensing, those guys know and set the rules and I've found them very helpful. You can go to three different licensing centres and get three different opinions, it's all a matter of how the rules are interpreted.

Best of luck.

Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.

65sting
Baby Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

I've taken my 68 Mustang Coup over the pits in Perth within the last 12 months and left it all stock. I didn't have to have amber indicators on the rear. The info's on the Transport Web site from memory.

bangstang
Baby Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

Its luck of the draw

From the countless number of inspections i have taken mustangs over the pits in Perth, it all comes down to the guy doing the inspection.

I have taken the same car on the same day to different pits (second time for a secondary inspection) and the second guy will ask why the initial issue was even an issue and then pick something else? Smile

Good times when you have to go to the pits Smile

TheEsp
Baby Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

Wow thanks heaps guys for all your quick responses and feedback.

Here is a picture of my car and the rear lights

www.mustangtech.com.au...pos=1.html

I'll give the Technical section guys a call and see what they said , as you all have mentioned its a factory/stock light and it shouldn't be a issue. But hey we all know the characters that are working there.

Thanks guys I'll keep you posted on how I go.

Cheers

David

unilec5544
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

TheEsp wrote
Wow thanks heaps guys for all your quick responses and feedback.

Here is a picture of my car and the rear lights

www.mustangtech.com.au...pos=1.html

I'll give the Technical section guys a call and see what they said , as you all have mentioned its a factory/stock light and it shouldn't be a issue. But hey we all know the characters that are working there.

Thanks guys I'll keep you posted on how I go.

Cheers

David

So your cars the silver one with the black stripes right??

Garagemahal
Junior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

"I have taken the same car on the same day to different pits (second time for a secondary inspection) and the second guy will ask why the initial issue was even an issue and then pick something else? :)"

I always thought that when they pick things at first inspection, at the second inspection they will only check what's on teh list to be recitfied. When I took my 66 convertible over a couple of weeks ago at Osborne Park, the inspector made is really clear that at the second inspection, they would only be checking what was on the list. Otherwise I guess you could get a guy on a bad day who wants to go over the whole car again and be unneccesarily pedantic on stuff that's already been passed.

Their rules though I guess.

I'm planning on living forever - so far it's working out well...

bangstang
Baby Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

Thats what i thought.
but anythings possible when i show up, my middle name is "murphys law" Smile

All times are Australia/Sydney

Jump to:

TopPostersToday
   hybrid 

smally 

nassi 

lukep6470