I decided to replace my front suspension with new, rather than re-using the old stuff. Took me a while today to grind off the rivets holding the top ball joints on so that I could fit the negative wedge kits.
Also removed the rubbers from my leaf springs and cleaned them up for painting.
I think I'm going to source new balls joints. These ones have the grease nipple underneath in between the two mounting bolts instead of on the top where the hole is.
Put my new ball joints in the upper arms today.
But I spent most of my time on the rear end. I've cleaned up and painted the diff plates and u-bolts and managed to lift the diff into place myself. Only two hernias came from it, so a good day all 'round.
Still waiting on my new rear shocks, so the old ones are still in there at the moment.
By the way, I marked one of the axles and turned the diff.
It looks to measure about 3.25:1, so I will probably just keep that ratio and put a posi track centre in it.
I had planned to try and get the front steering back in today, but then figured if I put it in before the engine bay was painted, I'd end up painting all the steering components.
So I decided to paint the engine bay today instead.
I was going to paint it body colour, but decided just to go for flat black. I put 3 coats on. I've never been into pretty engine bays... that's just where the power is.
The logos and trademarks used on this site are the property of their respective owners.
We are not responsible for comments, advice, opinions, products or services posted by our members, as they are the property of the poster.