Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
We have received
page views since
July 27, 2010

Hits New Today: 3059
Hits New Yesterday: 15454

Server Time
21 February 2018 05:53:28 AEDT (GMT +11)
Other > Events > Running for President of MOCA NSW > Community Forums > Mustang Forum Australia - Mustang Tech

View posts since last visitView posts last 24 hoursView unanswered posts
Forum Index > Events

Running for President of MOCA NSW Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
nassi
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Just read the related topics on the MOCA forum and I must say, its much calmer here.
Best of luck to both of you. Like

muzz67
Senior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

Thanks Nassi,

Hope things are great in the West,

Cheers Lance

Muzz67
Experience is a great school, but the fees come high!

cage
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Good luck Lance, I will jump over to MOCA and have a read, sounds interesting. Must say I hardly ever go over there anymore but hopefully change is on its way.

"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."

scott66stang
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

cage wrote
Good luck Lance, I will jump over to MOCA and have a read, sounds interesting. Must say I hardly ever go over there anymore but hopefully change is on its way.

Lol! i havent been over there for over a year, but just had to have a look to see what its all about.
Oh Dear! good luck Lance and Sean hope you get to run the club the way it should be, so members can "drive the Mustang" as much as possible.

Converting Rust to Something Drivable

66 Fastback Fairstang Project www.mustangtech.com.au...art=0.html
67 convertibuild project www.mustangtech.com.au...art=0.html
Thought Collecting Couch www.mustangtech.com.au...=1739.html
Caddy Wacked www.mustangtech.com.au...art=0.html

Nuts
Mustang King

Location: Can someone send me some of that "Clean" coal for my furnace. My wood has frozen..

0 👍 / 0 👎

Out of curiosity, I ventured over to the MOCA site for the first time in several years and see that nothing has really changed. At the first sign of any real challenge to the status quo, all hell breaks loose with all guns blazing. Personally, I'd throw in the towel and walk away, life's too short. If you and Sean continue with your nominations, and I hope you do, you're in for a rough ride!

My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic

hybrid
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

My thoughts exactly Nuts. We've been around for 4 years now, and that kind of behaviour was exactly how this site started.

Maybe it's a good thing that we're not a club as such - I'd hate to see this place go down that path!

I guess though, it proves that Lance and Sean are right. Change is needed.
I seriously considered joining MOCA around the last Castle Hill day - but how can I seriously consider giving these people my money?

muzz67
Senior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

Nuts, Scott and Cage,

Thanks for your comments and posts, like most people I enjoy the interaction with others, I constantly like to learn and develop myself and to share my knowledge and ideas.

I hope members of the club understand my motives and not anything a 'detractor' may write. It is why on both forums I have laid myself open to questions?

Although sadly on the MOCA site, only 1 comment has been left. Complacency is a dreadful thing.

I must say I am not looking to change things as has been written, more to listen to the members needs, see at what level we can constitutionally and legally meet more of those needs.

What I am looking to bring is concise, on time meetings that foster Fun and information and makes all our members wish to attend whenever they can.

It is a huge club (although I do not see that a problem after running Multi Million Dollar companies very successfully).

Thanks for your Wishes.
Lance

I should also add that both Ron (lucy066) and Sean (Bosskraft) have accepted nominations to stand on the MOCA board, both their roles are to fill vacant positions.

Muzz67

whitewun
Living the Mustang Dream

0 👍 / 0 👎

Gentlemen all,

I am speaking as a neutral here.
Just recently I finally got the toy through engineering and it is now on full rego because I want to be able to drive and enjoy it when I want.
All I want to do is to be able to go on runs and have a meet with like minded individuals.
For instance I recently enjoyed the company of half a dozen people over a meal at a local pub.
I have been keeping track of this web site and the MOCA web site.
I have no idea of the history behind the reasons for the split and i don't want to know.
I was considering joining MOCA but after reading all the garbage I am no longer interested.

To the individuals standing for election - good luck I feel that you will really need it - you seem to be up against the old boys network

Cheers

Whitewun

whitewun

muzz67
Senior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

Hey Whitewun,

Please don't throw the Baby out with the Bathwater.

MOCA is a good club with heaps to offer, and no real split not from those nominated at least.

My view is the club is like all long standing groups a little tired, one of the reasons I accepted the nomination was I love bringing clubs and Businesses back to life.

It is no ones fault, just sometimes when the leaderships stays relatively unchanged the group loose sight of the forest due to all the trees.

MOCA is worthy of your memberships and support and then events it holds are great like most clubs.

I believe a change will invigorate the members and bring new people to the meetings if the meetings are run for the Members and not just for reading from the Magazine....

I may have failed building blocks in school but I got the reading bit.. the rest is up to the voters.

Please choose to become one...

Cheers
Lance

Muzz67

muzz67
Senior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

PS Whitewun,

The Canberra Chapter are a terrific group of people (even nuts) and also have great runs etc.

Cheers
Lance.

Muzz67

Bosskraft
Senior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

It is a great club, with many great people among the 800 or so members, but I agree with Lance that it has become a little dry and in need of a kick in the pants, especially the meetings, which are drab - at best. Lance, you're so much more articulate than I..!

I reckon they ought to keep having meetings like the one at Hills Mustang a while back. What a great night. We had one organised at Bosskraft for March 2014, where we were putting on a full on yanky feed for attendee's, etc, but we noticed in the Jan and Feb magazines leading up to it, that they didn't bother to advertise it, so despite us spending quite a fair bit of money on the evening, importing gear from the USA for it, uniforms for girls handing out food, etc, it didn't go ahead. There wasn't any noticeable care-factor received from the club on the screw up, either, which was disappointing. That's the kind of change that I am hoping for, whether it's Lance, myself, or Big Daddy (Ron - lucy066) on the Committee. I don't mind who does it, but someone needs to introduce some care-factor.

Somehow, my post on the MOCA forum was hijacked from what it was intended to be and two of the current serving found the time right, to go on attack mode. Hopefully the members who do read that thread, see through the BS that followed and realise what I was trying to say, which was in NO way, intended to be offensive, personal, or linked to David Francis' association with the Committee. David was my mate, too and what an amazing guy. He kept that Committee together as much as any one man could. Best President/Vice President/Committee member/member that MOCA has ever seen, in my view. Big shoes to fill.

I note that Phil P has commented on the MOCA thread I started, saying that they advertised in the July mag for nominees to submit info about themselves for the next mag (August), to aid in voters decisions. Not sure how that would work, when the mag usually arrives, if we're lucky, the day of the actual meeting. How does that afford time for those who don't live within 10 mins of the meeting location, to mail their vote in? NSW is a bloody big State (ACT included - sorry guys!) Great idea to publish it for member info, but 3 x months out might be a better idea.

That being said, I have concerns about their mail anyway, since my registered post item was somehow not picked up around other mail deliveries that seemed to make it no worries, with two collection notes being sent (according to Aust Post) and it was subsequently returned to me, nearly a month later. How do we send a vote in and know it will make it? They won't accept my nominations by email?

Whoever joins the Committee, I hope they do the club proud and do what needs doing.

Sean McDonagh
www.bosskraft.com
MCA Gold Card Judge

muzz67
Senior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

Sean,

Thanks for a great post, I make no apologies that I articulate things differently.

Before ANYONE jumps on any of Sean's comments realise he is a man who wears his heart on his sleeve, and therefore says it as HE see's it without fear or favour.

Sean's comments on the mail and lack of response is accurate, as for comments on another Forum about postal votes being accepted that by law should include e-mails. All of those votes need to be tabled on the night of the AGM in fairness to all parties.

As for informing the members I believe that will be in the next MOCA Mag which you guessed it is due to arrive the day of the elections, Convenient, no not really just the way it's always been done (No need to change right)

I belong to two clubs which accept texts and e-mails, welcome to the 21st Century.

As for the comments on the meetings from Sean, they to are valid and accurate, I am happy to take that to the Members.

Occasional sojourns to great places like Hills Mustang are fine, but the MOCA Roots are and should always be at Merrylands RSL.

Welcome all to the MOCA Elections.....come along and have your say, Just this once.

And no I am not offering 30 cent Macca's cones as an inducement (LMAO)

Cheers
Lance.

Muzz67

Bosskraft
Senior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

Sorry, Lance, I didn't mean that all the meetings need to be held elsewhere. I meant that it's nice to switch it around to a club supporting business, a couple of times a year perhaps.

As for your articulation, I was actually apologising about mine! ha

Sean McDonagh
www.bosskraft.com
MCA Gold Card Judge

malscar
Senior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

Hi Lance and Sean

I will be totally honest up front and state that I am not a member of MOCA and would be very reluctant to dip my hand in my wallet to become one after reading the BS in Sean's thread the other night.

Just so you know I understand what I am watching, I have been on committees originally in a motoring marque type club like MOCA and then a few motorsport clubs. The thing that drove me away from them was the politics. It got to the point there was no enjoyment of the social aspects. With the Motorsport clubs, I did compete and direct events for clubs. After budget constraints stopped the competing, I relinquished my club memberships. That has not stopped me helping behind the scenes. I still do officiate both here in the ACT and in Victoria although even that is being scaled back after starting in 1973 as a young teenager.

So I have seen the garbage from a small car club level all the way up to international events such as the F1. The politics does not change and nor does the egos. It is because of the second that I believe you will be pushing the brown gooey stuff uphill with a pointed stick.

Lance, I like they way you posted in the original thread, and your initial post in the Who am I. I admit I was a bit worried when you posted about how many looks compared to posts. Personally I would have left that out. You will probably find a lot are reading what you are saying but not willing to get involved with the spat the two current committee members have going.

Sean, again, I can see what you want to say, but the problem with a written post on the net is it does not properly show your passion or what you are really trying to say. You know what you are saying but the keyboard warriors may read it differently. As an example, they may read someone's passion as arrogance. The only thing I would suggest is to delete the bit in your original post about David. Only because some are thinking you are dragging him into it. I know you tried to address this in a later post but I think deleting that part would be better as some have picked up on it, and they are only the ones who have posted.

Good luck to both of you, and I hope you do manage to get in and turn things around. If you do so you may have to put up with me as a member of the ACT chapter.

Bosskraft
Senior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

Thanks for the constructive comments, mate. Why couldn't the comments on the MOCA forum been as well said as that?!

Sean McDonagh
www.bosskraft.com
MCA Gold Card Judge

All times are Australia/Sydney
Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next

Jump to:

TopPostersToday
   hybrid 

Edz66Vert 

69candy 

nassi 

LatestForumPosts
Last 10 Forum Messages

Any interest in a 3000 stall AOD non lock-up converter?
Last post by hybrid in Mustang Parts for Sale on Feb 20, 2018 17:56:36

hybrids 1966 Coupe Project
Last post by hybrid in Mustang Projects on Feb 20, 2018 07:03:39

Camshaft
Last post by trav68 in Pre 1973 on Feb 19, 2018 22:36:53

Finally getting to Mrsozbilt's Mach 1
Last post by nassi in Pre 1973 on Feb 19, 2018 19:59:19

67 FG Resto Mod
Last post by Roger in Mustang Projects on Feb 18, 2018 18:04:00

1970 wiring
Last post by 123abc in Pre 1973 on Feb 17, 2018 08:34:20

1982 RHD Mustang dashboard