No staff members are online!
We have received
page views since
July 27, 2010

Hits New Today: 420
Hits New Yesterday: 21366

Server Time
17 July 2018 00:39:34 AEST (GMT +10)
Mustang Technical Discussion > Mustang Projects > 67 GT500 Tribute > Community Forums > Mustang Forum Australia - Mustang Tech

Forum Index > Mustang Projects

67 GT500 Tribute Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
scott66stang
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

Wow! you could get a small aircon condensor in there... with air flow from the plenum and maybe some flutes or something in the splash shield. Thumbs Up

Converting Rust to Something Drivable

66 Fastback Fairstang Project www.mustangtech.com.au...art=0.html
67 convertibuild project www.mustangtech.com.au...art=0.html
Thought Collecting Couch www.mustangtech.com.au...=1739.html
Caddy Wacked www.mustangtech.com.au...art=0.html

donoauto
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

scott66stang wrote
Wow! you could get a small aircon condensor in there... with air flow from the plenum and maybe some flutes or something in the splash shield. Thumbs Up

Would end in tears. The bigger the better for A/C condensers & big airflow is key for efficient operation. Not meaning to be a Debbie Downer.

(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

donoauto wrote
scott66stang wrote

Would end in tears. The bigger the better for A/C condensers & big airflow is key for efficient operation. Not meaning to be a Debbie Downer.

Agree. Back when I had the shop in California, I moved an A/C condenser from under the fender of a hot rod & put it back in front of the rad. Until it was moved the A/C just did not work at all (let alone the possibility of stones punching it).

Kerry

Not all heroes wear capes, some wear scuba tanks and swim by feel ........

"Thank you Boofhead for the wonderful memories"

hybrid
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

The new gasses are even worse for that. R134A requires a much bigger condensor than R12 did because they aren't as efficient.

I blame the weak ozone layer.

scott66stang
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

ozbilt wrote
donoauto wrote
scott66stang wrote

Agree. Back when I had the shop in California, I moved an A/C condenser from under the fender of a hot rod & put it back in front of the rad. Until it was moved the A/C just did not work at all (let alone the possibility of stones punching it).

I understand that with low air flow, but these use a fan. A celica i have here has a small condenser and fan, a toyota tercel i had was the smallest i have ever seen and would definately fit in there, also the rear aircon on our people mover has the same tucked up in the rear chassis. The cab of a old Mustang isnt all that big to cool down. Doubt that i would ever try it though.

Converting Rust to Something Drivable

66 Fastback Fairstang Project www.mustangtech.com.au...art=0.html
67 convertibuild project www.mustangtech.com.au...art=0.html
Thought Collecting Couch www.mustangtech.com.au...=1739.html
Caddy Wacked www.mustangtech.com.au...art=0.html

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

hybrid wrote
The new gasses are even worse for that. R134A requires a much bigger condensor than R12 did because they aren't as efficient.

The one that is coming online, in Australia, now (for commercial & home A/C) is a propane derivative. A friend of mine is giving seminars on what has to be changed (along with safety) to plug in this gas. He is doing this on behalf of the A/C association.

Propane has been a drop in gas for auto A/C for almost 20 years in the US. Just have to have the system marked as such. Remove all old gas & oil, purge, fit new oil & add the gas. Propane is way more efficient than R12 ever was (inexpensive too). I would assume it is not advisable to have an accident, however I am sure there must have been at least hundreds of accidents involving cars with that system by now.

Kerry

Not all heroes wear capes, some wear scuba tanks and swim by feel ........

"Thank you Boofhead for the wonderful memories"

hybrid
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

Yes.. the issue with propane is... well it might be worth carrying a bag of sausages in the car just in case.

The old man speaks of it regularly. Not just about an accident either.
Even a leak could be disastrous. Add a stray spark to the mix...

donoauto
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

hybrid wrote

Quote of the year so far in my books !! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Love it

(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.

67GT500
Junior Mustang

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

Update for all. PS options are sorted as are Aircon. It's a Borgeson Integral PS with tilt able iDidit column. Air con will be Class Auto Air. They keep the cabin 100% original.

Okay, last step is pulleys and pumps. Am chatting with Bill from Ron Davis. Looks like the serpentine may become just a snake!! His advice is the narrowest pulley set and keep the fans as pull. Push fans are apparently around 30% as efficient. I'll chat with him through the week and update on the next steps. I don't have a lot so space so this is going to hurt!

soc123_au
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

Just remembered I was going to upload these.

Album Link Below.

s608.photobucket.com/p...s_Prestige

mert
Mustang Maniac

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

They keep the cabin 100% original.

Well, to the casual observer it will look "similar"... Wink2

8R01S
8R03S-GT
8F01X -EXP500 Repli-bute
8R01C-Cal Special

boofhead
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

Looks good Steve.

I will someday think of something clever to say.

67GT500
Junior Mustang

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

Brilliant Steve. Very tidy indeed!

So, to my eyes there's a modified radiator support,Ron Davis Rad and swapped air con compressor and alternator from std FE setup? Any chance I can get some specifics? Hate to steal your setup but it really does look great!

soc123_au
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

I have no problem with duplication. Thats the idea of this place to share ideas.

Ron Davis stock car radiator - sourced through ozbilt.

You have to fabricate brackets for it, but it is pretty simple. I will get some pics in the next week or so as we have to make the brackets for Cages one when it comes back from the exhaust shop. Kerry (ozbilt) fits them a different way to us but its just a matter of which ever way floats your boat. Kerry uses the original upper mount bracket & it looks more factory.

The Radiator support inner is cut away a bit to allow the bottom of the radiator to sit a few mm back from the lower tie bar.

The pulleys, compressor, p/steer pump, alternator etc are all part of the concept one kit.

The water pump is an edelbrock one that c1 recommend. Mine has had the back machined by about 12mm to suit the engine plate, but wont be relevant in your case.

The fan is just a low profile cheapy off ebay. It flows 3000 cfm & works fine, but I will make an alloy shroud & run low profile twins down the track. More for looks that anything else. The current fan set up looks a bit nasty in relation to the rest of the car.

The balancer I got from rocket, just a standard 3 hole 390 balancer from memory but SFI. The first balancer I had wouldnt work (ebay again) but I suspect it was to suit a 427. There is a difference I have been lead to believe.

That is pretty much it, other than remaking a/c lines, p/steer lines etc. The bolt on upper rad/support isnt required, mine only has that for something a bit different.

Album Link Below.

s608.photobucket.com/p...s_Prestige

donoauto
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

That looks remarkable Steve !
I just love how the ignition coil is hidden - very crafty. Will make people think it doesn't run & is a push around show car. Embarrassed

Amen.

All times are Australia/Sydney
Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next

Jump to:

TopPostersToday
   unilec5544 

lukep6470 

DavesStang 

ComingEvents
There are no events scheduled in the next 14 days.
LatestForumPosts
Last 10 Forum Messages
66 Mustang Coupe Rear seat WTB
Last post by DavesStang in Wanted - Parts on Jul 16, 2018 19:30:44

rear wheel bearings
Last post by lukep6470 in Pre 1973 on Jul 16, 2018 10:58:17

Changing pages?
Last post by unilec5544 in Website Help on Jul 16, 2018 00:59:53

70 Mach 1 - Slowly
Last post by Chux in Mustang Projects on Jul 15, 2018 20:52:16

Overheating Sorted....I Hope
Last post by ants in Pre 1973 on Jul 15, 2018 20:10:02