No staff members are online!
We have received
page views since
July 27, 2010

Hits New Today: 2528
Hits New Yesterday: 31000

Server Time
25 April 2018 02:02:12 AEST (GMT +10)
Mustang Technical Discussion > Pre 1973 > Time to restore the Mags for Lime > Community Forums > Mustang Forum Australia - Mustang Tech

Forum Index > Pre 1973

Time to restore the Mags for Lime Reply to topic

Go to page 1, 2, 3 Next
Shaunp
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

Ok groovers, time to reburb the wheels for Lime.
The wheels are Oz made Hustlers, I've got 10 of them now. copy of AM Racing torque thrusts. cleaned a couple up, and stripped the paint of a couple to repaint them. I've mixed up a colour called Carbon, which is a very dark grey/charcoal metalic, almost black, sparkles in the sun, was then going to put some supa matt clear over that on the spokes. This is how I remember Hustlers, but when I striped the old flat black of them that somone painted on I thought they look ok natural. The car will be Lime Gold with a black top, and the rubber will be some Repop Firestone Wide Oval that Boss Craft has for me if he hasn't forgotten, The black wheel in the pics just some crap spray can black on it not the carbon and matt clear. What do you reckon? I'm going for the someone pickup a new 67 and fitted period hotrod stuff on it look.

Last edited by Shaunp on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:51 am; edited 3 times in total

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

ponyride
Mustang Maniac

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

Shaun I reckon natural, or a mid grey against the green of the car would look killer. For me, the black would be too much but it's personal taste.

Dave should be picking up the Pacer on Friday!

Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

Yeah he sent me a text yesterday or day before did he go and see them or somthing? he was saying they were running around fixing scratches or something? I was down the ranch on sunday arvo, to look at 1 tonne he has there that bloke wants to sell, to fund an other car of his, dave has there that has just been blasted.

ponyride
Mustang Maniac

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

A tonner Shaun?? You'll have as many projects as Scott.

Yeah apparently the painter is fixing a scratch and giving it a buff, then we'll see what has to be ordered to finish her off. Sounds like Dave's going to get stuck right into it. Happy days. I'm thinking of some Mini Lites for it, I'll keep the original hubcaps and steelies for show.

Rick.

mert
Mustang Maniac

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

Imagine them on this...

Are you going vinyl roof or stripes? If so, and black, maybe the darker would work. If not a lot of black trim I'd say the natural...

8R01S
8R03S-GT
8F01X -EXP500 Repli-bute
8R01C-Cal Special

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

No not for me, Gavin wants a good V8 tonner project for a shop truck. Yeah he is keen as think he is a bit quiet, he is doing a Sandman ute for Kenny Oliver, ( blue 327 monaro that dave has worked on owner) and I think everyone else is out of loot this month, he seemed to think it won't take him long to put yours together. Missing bits aside. You going to get him to put the stripes etc on , turn key car?

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

mert wrote
Imagine them on this...

Are you going vinyl roof or stripes? If so, and black, maybe the darker would work. If not a lot of black trim I'd say the natural...

Black top, no stripes. The colour have mixed for the wheels is a very dark charcoal metalic. Firestones like you have on the coupe

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

donoauto
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

I like the darker spoke idea, but hey, you've got 10 of them. Make 2 nice ,different sets to change things up a bit after a year or 2. They'll always look good if the outside perimeter is kept shiny

(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

ponyride wrote
A tonner Shaun?? You'll have as many projects as Scott.

Yeah apparently the painter is fixing a scratch and giving it a buff, then we'll see what has to be ordered to finish her off. Sounds like Dave's going to get stuck right into it. Happy days. I'm thinking of some Mini Lites for it, I'll keep the original hubcaps and steelies for show.

No mate you want some restored Hustlers on it I reckon Poke I've got 10! but I did want 2 spares in case I build a tear drop camper for behind the pony.

ponyride
Mustang Maniac

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

Shaunp wrote

I've got that original ad in an old mag! I love the Hustlers but not sure how they'd go on mine. I kinda like the racing look hence the Mini Lites (not sure if I could get the bolt pattern though), or widened black rims with RWL tyres like a stock car.

I've got a teardrop camper that used to be towed behind a hotrod. I'll send you some pics.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Edit: Yes, as turn key as I can get it. I don't mind finishing off small stuff but it's time I don't really have and the parts all have to come from over there anyway. Stripes I can do unless Dave's super confident.

Rick.

GRIFF
Junior Mustang

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

im a fan of the natural or a mid grey color mate.
trouble with an all black (or close to it) center is you tend to lose the detail of that part of the wheel as your eye is mainly drawn to the shiny rim and the disc behind it.
much prefer these classic stylish and easy to clean wheels...

Here's one for you Hendrix fans, "Little Wing" by one of my bands MATT ROBERTS TRIO live at The Boatshed in Sydney.
We always try and give this song the respect it deserves and Matt rips up the solo's. enjoy!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGpGaUPWJLY

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

ponyride wrote

I've got that original ad in an old mag! I love the Hustlers but not sure how they'd go on mine. I kinda like the racing look hence the Mini Lites (not sure if I could get the bolt pattern though), or widened black rims with RWL tyres like a stock car.

I've got a teardrop camper that used to be towed behind a hotrod. I'll send you some pics.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Edit: Yes, as turn key as I can get it. I don't mind finishing off small stuff but it's time I don't really have and the parts all have to come from over there anyway. Stripes I can do unless Dave's super confident.

Dave is kind of like Ozbilt and Soc123 whole crew in one man, he can do the stripes.

Below is Jigsaw Summer nats custom winner back in the 80's , Street machine cover car, all steel, pearl white from when that was cool,gemini dash, laser back. The rest is hand made did it under his dads house including the paint. I remember him hammer/ oxy welding it together

67fastysm
Senior Mustang

0 šŸ‘ / 0 šŸ‘Ž

go the natural and maybe have a redline on the tyre , then a true hotwheels

Age is a high price for maturity

All times are Australia/Sydney
Go to page 1, 2, 3 Next

Jump to:

TopPostersToday
   jbb 

Pinto-Pete 

Astro