No staff members are online!
We have received
page views since
July 27, 2010

Hits New Today: 50
Hits New Yesterday: 21657

Server Time
22 April 2018 00:02:06 AEST (GMT +10)
Q&A > General Tech Advice > TCP Coil over options > Community Forums > Mustang Forum Australia - Mustang Tech

Forum Index > General Tech Advice

TCP Coil over options Reply to topic

Go to page 1, 2 Next
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

Hi fellas.......

I have purchased a new TCP front suspension setup from a good forum member.
It is with the 1 inch shelby drop but minus the springs and shocks.

I've heard is that the setup from TCP is harsh for road conditions, hence was wondering what springs and shocks to choose and where to get them from to fit up with the TCP setup.

Any advise appreciated Like

nassi
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

call TCP................... I'm interested in how they packed the shelby drop. In my experience things can fall through holes... Poke

Seriously though, look at the TCP site. While I'm not familiar with it I'm sure the info you need is there.
There should be differing spring rates available and the shocks I'm aware of are adjusted to suite your application.

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 👍 / 0 👎

Contact Heasmans Steering at Sydenham

www.heasmans.com.au/ne.../main.html

Heasmans know exactly what you will need. It will be spendy as you will need coils & Bilstein shocks.

The TCP stuff is designed for US roads & it is even harsh on them. The spring rates are way too hard & the shocks are crap.

You would be way better off with the stock suspension & Konis.

Kerry

"Thank you Boofhead for the wonderful memories"

rockerfella
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

Bass, I was onto heasmans about shocks and springs way back when I bought the gear. I'll see if I can scrounge up the email from them - I'm pretty sure I got a quote for some bilsteins, which seemed to be what most people were steering me towards.

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 👍 / 0 👎

rockerfella wrote
Bass, I was onto heasmans about shocks and springs way back when I bought the gear. I'll see if I can scrounge up the email from them - I'm pretty sure I got a quote for some bilsteins, which seemed to be what most people were steering me towards.

It is more than the shocks as the TCP spring rates are all wrong. Also the mounts are different.

As I said above, it is spendy

Kerry

nassi
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

I guess I should have mentioned that I've only seen them used in a Targa application............... sorry Bas I forgot you were into limo's

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Hope they are not the ones with the Shelby drop built in, that's silly idea cause the action from the top arm should be inline with the mounting bolts, the extra leverage created is not a good idea , in my view. also makes them harder to shim for extra caster. Don't like them, better to drill extra holes.

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 👍 / 0 👎

Shaunp wrote
Hope they are not the ones with the Shelby drop built in, that's silly idea cause the action from the top arm should be inline with the mounting bolts, the extra leverage created is not a good idea , in my view. also makes them harder to shim for extra caster. Don't like them, better to drill extra holes.

Agreed........ that was one of Alston's sillier ideas. Maybe suits US roads, but definitely not here.

Kerry

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

I'm glad we are on the same page Kerry with this, the towers are weak enough without adding the twist from the lowering the the arms on the bolts, I can't see how it would suit any road really, the extra load on the bolts and towers would be quite a bit. Not sure why they considered it. I guess, they did it to make it easy for the average bloke, but it's not the correct way to do it really. My view is if you can't drill some holes in the right place maybe you should leave it to someone who can. Lets face it most of this stuff is for Bower birds anyway.

gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

rockerfella wrote

Thank you all for the advice,
rockerfella, did you get a chance to grab the email with the quote from Heasmans?.....much appreciated.

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 👍 / 0 👎

gotohellgadafi wrote
rockerfella wrote

rockerfella, did you get a chance to grab the email with the quote from Heasmans?.....much appreciated.

Why not just call Heasmans & get an up to date quote ?

What is the use of a quote from "way back when I bought the gear" ?

Regardless, it will be spendy. However they will get it right for that suspension. It may not be comfortable for a hire car, but it will work.

Forgot to add above, along with springs, shocks & shock mounts, add a front sway bar to suit them.

BTW, they will have to do the whole job as they know what to do, including wheel alignment.

It is not a buy, fit yourself & hope for the best.

Kerry

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 👍 / 0 👎

Shaunp wrote
Hope they are not the ones with the Shelby drop built in, .

They are, see the OP.

Kerry

rockerfella
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

gotohellgadafi wrote
rockerfella wrote

Useful or not, I'll try have a decent look for it. Couldn't find it on my phone but might be easier searching on the computer. Will do so when I get back home tomorrow.

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 👍 / 0 👎

rockerfella wrote

Useful or not, I'll try have a decent look for it. .

I meant no offense, but was trying to get through to Bas that prices are constantly changing & what you received has no relevance to what he has other than they are both TCP front ends.

Unless you both had the same model cars with same sized engines, they will be differing specs.

All he has to do is call them, that way he gets it direct from the horses mouth. I just hope he listens.

Kerry

rockerfella
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

ozbilt wrote
rockerfella wrote

Useful or not, I'll try have a decent look for it. .

I meant no offense, but was trying to get through to Bas that prices are constantly changing & what you received has no relevance to what he has other than they are both TCP front ends.

Unless you both had the same model cars with same sized engines, they will be differing specs.

All he has to do is call them, that way he gets it direct from the horses mouth. I just hope he listens.

No offence taken at all Kerry, didn't mean for it to come across that way!

All times are Australia/Sydney
Go to page 1, 2 Next

Jump to:

TopPostersToday
   123abc 

Shaunp 

lifeis4living 

StephenSLR 

Husky65 

MustangMedic 

LatestForumPosts
Last 10 Forum Messages