Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
We have received
page views since
July 27, 2010

Hits New Today: 3241
Hits New Yesterday: 15454

Server Time
21 February 2018 06:15:54 AEDT (GMT +11)
Mustang Technical Discussion > Mustang Projects > Scarlet > Community Forums > Mustang Forum Australia - Mustang Tech

View posts since last visit β€’ View posts last 24 hours β€’ View unanswered posts
Forum Index > Mustang Projects

Scarlet Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3 … 22, 23, 24 … 140, 141, 142 Next
soc123_au
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Mine isn't that long cause I change my mind on stuff quietly. If I posted all my thoughts the internet would break Smile

Album Link Below.

s608.photobucket.com/p...s_Prestige

gbx78
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

hahaha .. yes i tend to vocalise alot .. hence the 22pages of nothing ..

actually i need to speak to you steve.. Ill call you today or tomorrow if its convenient to chat, if not next week.

'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead

gbx78
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

okk so i got itchy fingers!!! .. i might not get the time i need over the next month or so .. so i figured any time i get just start .. i chose the front fenders so i can get a better lookat suspension on full lock either way to see if there are any potential issues for my new wheels (when they arrive) .. i hope theres no "structural" or alignment significance having the fenders off.. i wouldnt think so but ive been known to overlook simple things like that so i tend to overthink things now better be safe than sorry.

ok soo .. must say after some swearing and bursts of laughter i got there. Lucky for me some bolts were missing .. but thats ok .. ive bagged and labelled and taken pics even if was a simple exercise, just to get in the habbit.

Theres no turning back now!!!!! I must say just to see it in this state is very exciting for me, i cannot begin to explain.. its an emotional time hehe

23 pages and only the front fenders are off Very Happy ..just wanted to share.

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Looks pretty good this car. Certainly had some work done. Look pretty straight in the front sheet metal aswell. Make sure those brakes hoses are long enough on full lock ful drop.

gbx78
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Shaunp wrote
Looks pretty good this car. Certainly had some work done. Look pretty straight in the front sheet metal aswell. Make sure those brakes hoses are long enough on full lock ful drop.

yeah it has had some work done and then i think they just slapped random fenders on and replaced the doors which is why it looks like a frankenstang from the outside.

I did check the hoses but not on the drop as you mentioned, although im pretty sure theres a bit of play there but i will check again. thanks shaunp

soc123_au
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Shaunp wrote

I went and had a look at it a couple of weeks ago, it definatly has good bones. One of the best unrestored ones i have seen for a long time. A bit rough to look at on the outside, but all the important stuff is great.

Album Link Below.

s608.photobucket.com/p...s_Prestige

gbx78
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

soc123_au wrote
Shaunp wrote

I went and had a look at it a couple of weeks ago, it definatly has good bones. One of the best unrestored ones i have seen for a long time. A bit rough to look at on the outside, but all the important stuff is great.

thanks steve, i cant wait to get it to your shop!!!! i have dreams about it being painted!!

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

soc123_au wrote
Shaunp wrote

Outside stuff is the easy bit to fix/replace.

gbx78
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

ok here are some minor progress pics .. nothing anyone hasnt seen before .. i guess its more for my reference so when i look back i can go "wow"

doors are completely gutted:

while i was resting in the middle of unbolting the passenger seat, got a sore arm.. wish i had a hoist!!! but thats ok with a few breaks i was fine .. here is my helper: (that oil patch is from the transmission around the gasket (in 2 places).. so hopefully a new gasket will solve this issue but i wont do this until i know what im doing with the shifter as i think some of the shifters come with a replacement part that goes inside the tranny (cant remember what its called and why.. some linkage thing).

passenger seat is out .. was carefull not to lose the nuts inside. brushed all the dirt and dust (possibly sand too from previous owner sandblasting as im noticing it in places and its obviously had some paint applied etc)

ive left the drivers seat in ..for when i need to drive it out and get the engine out etc. backseat is just sitting there for comfort while i do anything or just a nap (not bolted .. never was so i dont even have bolts for that ... i guess this is where kerry or others may have spare nuts and bolts they want to offload or if its just as convenient to buy a nut and bolt/screw kit i can do that )

basically done as much as i can do at this stage.. everything IN the car is done except for wiring but thats not hard to pull out ( i have a new wiring kit i plan to use ) .. running gear, exhaust, brakes, steering, suspension, misc lines etc.. and its ready for steve..

just waiting to chat to steve or kerry when he comes to assist with the spring removal and hiring/borrowing the frame to see what i should be doing regarding blasting or just strip with paint stripper.. most of the car wont need it (not using boot or bonnet, rear quarter panels will be replaced as will door skins and front fenders as advised by steve but we may reevaluate this upon closer inspection..) so that leaves a frame really (roof, floors engine bay)

my quote for media blasting was the whole car (all panels etc) in and out and included etch primer (i think thats what its called) .. i think i could halve this cost or perhaps not even go that far if most of it wont be needed..

again ill wait for the pros to advise what path to take now that the car is more visible and can see what is needed.

anyway .. getting closer to seeing some real progress.

hybrid
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Mate from the pics you have posted, it looks like you have a really nice base to start from.

nassi
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

hybrid wrote
Mate from the pics you have posted, it looks like you have a really nice base to start from.

and already made REAL progress Cheers

gbx78
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

thanks guys, but i havent really done too much it already came incomplete.. i do have several boxes full of stuff ive taken off.. i guess its all those little things and screws here and there .. it all adds up .. ive just done bits here and there when i feel motivated and its not sooo hot in the garage.

its been fun.. i HOPE i get the same results as you guys do when you repaint or fix up original parts and it doesnt look crap..

'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead

hybrid
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

Laughing

I haven't painted mine yet... that's when you get to see all the bits I've done half a job of!

gbx78
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

ok feeling a little bit left out while everyone is progressing with their projects and im waiting on parts from the US... so i thought id play with the instrument cluster and how im going to fit the gauges. ive read pretty much every article on how people have done this etc.. and i have them as backups but in true gbx style im not happy until ive broken something or tried something different...

Being im not a fan of cutting up the aluminium strip around the autometer gauges, i wanted to see if i could get them to fit and look reasonable as is. I figured the difference between having that alluminium face ring on or off is a matter of maybe 1/2inch.. so not much difference if i can get them to fit without cutting and mutilating the gauges but also not deterring from the correct look ..

here is a play test fit with my scrap practice delux dash .. not sure which side tacho or speedo "should" go but was just a test fit for sizes.. needs a bit tweaking .. but soo far minimal intrusiveness on the gauges.

Im not 100% sure whether im happy like this or whether i will go down the route of cutting the front face ring off and mount it direct .. i want to have a play with it as is and see if i can get it to work and look good. I like the idea of just pulling the gauges out whenever if they need replacing without having to cut up a new gauge again should i need to replace or swap.

I know i can get the gauge support for this but i just used my original metal one which i felt is stronger and more options for securing etc.

anyway does anyone here think it looks "wrong" or think having the gauges face mounted closer to the bezel by a 1/2 inch would make a BIG difference for the better?

cage
Mustang King

0 πŸ‘ / 0 πŸ‘Ž

I wish I had your car to start with, I would have saved, oh I don't know......................... a million dollars. This will be a great car to work on.

"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."

All times are Australia/Sydney
Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3 … 22, 23, 24 … 140, 141, 142 Next

Jump to:

TopPostersToday
   hybrid 

Edz66Vert 

69candy 

nassi 

LatestForumPosts
Last 10 Forum Messages

Any interest in a 3000 stall AOD non lock-up converter?
Last post by hybrid in Mustang Parts for Sale on Feb 20, 2018 17:56:36

hybrids 1966 Coupe Project
Last post by hybrid in Mustang Projects on Feb 20, 2018 07:03:39

Camshaft
Last post by trav68 in Pre 1973 on Feb 19, 2018 22:36:53

Finally getting to Mrsozbilt's Mach 1
Last post by nassi in Pre 1973 on Feb 19, 2018 19:59:19

67 FG Resto Mod
Last post by Roger in Mustang Projects on Feb 18, 2018 18:04:00

1970 wiring
Last post by 123abc in Pre 1973 on Feb 17, 2018 08:34:20

1982 RHD Mustang dashboard