No staff members are online!
We have received
page views since
July 27, 2010

Hits New Today: 15381
Hits New Yesterday: 18692

Server Time
23 July 2018 21:38:04 AEST (GMT +10)
Mustang Technical Discussion > Pre 1973 > HappyOne is not so Happy today - just had an oh fuck moment > Community Forums > Mustang Forum Australia - Mustang Tech

Forum Index > Pre 1973

HappyOne is not so Happy today - just had an oh fuck moment Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
ozbilt
Site Admin

0 👍 / 0 👎

xpconnor wrote
Kerry, what price roughly would you suggest for a cowl replacement? That is just labour not the cost of the cowl itself, and on a car already stripped down.

The car bare (like the pic above but still with dash & cowl), to remove & replace the cowl would consume about 10 hours labour just for the panel work. Painting & sealing extra.

Kerry

Not all heroes wear capes, some wear scuba tanks and swim by feel ........

"Thank you Boofhead for the wonderful memories"

xpconnor
Mustang Maniac

0 👍 / 0 👎

Thanks for the info Kerry.

"The Mustang is full of Awesome"

HappyOne
Mustang Maniac

0 👍 / 0 👎

BLU302 wrote
Hi Ed,
I'll be happy to keep an eye on it. My car will be there too getting a few details fixed before the Nationals.
Bob

Thanks Bob,

I will be popping in to see Hugh tomorrow with the new windscreen - so it will be interesting to see if he's made a start on stripping it down yet or if he's still waiting for the parts to arrive.

Oh - that reminds me l must place my order with Mustangs Unlimited tonight for a few bits and pieces.

Thanks again Bob.

Cheers

Never Die Wondering ...What If ????

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they Wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. "

HappyOne
Mustang Maniac

0 👍 / 0 👎

Long story short Bob - I'm not really too happy with the job his done.

But I'm trying to work this through with Hugh, as he has me by the short and curly's at the moment but it’s not looking good.

The car was painted on Wednesday and was due to be picked up yesterday Avro (I’ve been in touch with Hugh almost on a daily basis since we returned).

Yesterday around 9am after speaking with him, I was told we should be OK to pick the car up around 4pm ….Hugh phoned me around 11am and wanted me to pick the car up this morning at 9am instead …as he said he just had a couple of minor things to sort out, so, I said OK - not a problem, so long as it was all good to go, as it’s cutting it a bit fine for the formal commitment.

He phoned me back this morning to say the car is all good to go, but can I pick it up at 10.30am ….yep no prob’s was my reply …trying to be patient and accommodating!!

We arrived this morning to find the following:

1. The new windscreen has not fitted - still has the old one fitted. A fairly lame excuse was provided to us really – he’s had the car for well over three weeks – that could have been done anytime during that period.

2. We were re-assured he was going to paint the whole drivers side, so it would have no issues with blending in with the rest of the car – but this was not done as he stated and is not looking the best!!

3. There are a few - approx 5 blemish/ dust spots and a couple of fresh chips + scrape marks where they scraped off the old C-Stripe on the front guard, which are showing up in the NEW paint job – not acceptable given it’s a new spray job – it's not supposed to be a Mexican patch up job.

4. Looks like someone? has reversed up and hit something, enough to push up the rear bumper as the gap between the bumper and tail lights has grown on one side about an inch and shrunk on the other. Easy fix but still should have been picked up by him.

5. “The biggy” ….”Given he told us it was ready to be picked up” ….no C – Stripe had been fitted back on the drivers side as he told me today, he only realised he had the wrong one yesterday???

Obviously, we have now had to leave the car with him again to sort it all out by Monday arvo – don’t know where this is going to end up !! – hopefully he can get it sorted out – We could tell, he knew we would not be happy as soon as we saw the car – just don’t know why he didn’t come out and say something to us yesterday …guess that’s why I’m so disappointed in him now!!

Bottom line – he may be a great bloke, but in this case he has certainly stuffed up by over committing and under delivered big time!!

Now I’m on the hunt for a 68 drivers side C – stripe ….anyone know where I can get one by Monday arvo / Tuesday Morning at the latest ??

I certainly have no intention of signing off on an insurance payment release form until it’s the way it should be.

Argh Argh Argh

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they Wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. "

LEEH69
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

Sorry to hear that Happy,
I now feel bad for recommending them, I had only heard good things about them previously

I do know someone in the club who could probably make the stripe sticker but certainly not by tuesday

Good luck with it all

moe
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

problem with getting a single side made up is that it wouldn't be a good match for the side not being replaced.

Aren't the factory stripes reflective??

HappyOne
Mustang Maniac

0 👍 / 0 👎

LEEH69 wrote
Sorry to hear that Happy,
I now feel bad for recommending them, I had only heard good things about them previously

I do know someone in the club who could probably make the stripe sticker but certainly not by tuesday

Good luck with it all

Don't feel bad Lee - it's just a shame this guy clearly did not do the right thing in our case.

There are a few other stang’s in there, others must be getting the finish they expect to see.

So I'm now guessing our job just wasn’t that big enough for him, to focus enough on it.

Well it is now!!

Not that that excuses what the result is, but it's the only thing I can come up with.

I just don’t think I have to accept a shit job, with the car coming back to us with damages on other panels than what it went in to get repaired?

Argh

HappyOne
Mustang Maniac

0 👍 / 0 👎

moe wrote
problem with getting a single side made up is that it wouldn't be a good match for the side not being replaced.

Aren't the factory stripes reflective??

Yeh your right Moe but I'm not letting him loose on the other side.

I will take it to some else to get it done properly as it looks like they used razor blade scrappers and f*cked up the front gaurd in the process.

After sleeping on it - now I'm really pissed that he had the audacity to think we would take delivery of it the way it was.

Good thing we dont have a cat or a dog - coz i'd be kicking the living shit out of something about now!!

derwin66
Junior Mustang

0 👍 / 0 👎

Relax, if you have told him it it a crap job, it will see if he is a good businessman or bad one and fix the issue. Time will tell.

65 T Code coupe\r\nBlown 302\r\nHeidts four link\r\nRRS Rack and Pinion\r\nC4 Gear vendors overdrive
1960 F100

HappyOne
Mustang Maniac

0 👍 / 0 👎

derwin66 wrote
Relax, if you have told him it it a crap job, it will see if he is a good businessman or bad one and fix the issue. Time will tell.

Yeh your right derwin66 - but he has not followed what he stated in he's quote - He quoted to trial fit the new door and we have some issues with a gap where the vent window is - it's about 5-6mm the other side has no gap.

The front guard has not been fully painted either as he's quote states.

No doubt he's tried to cut some corners and it will be a test for him to fix it all up - if he does, I will give him a wrap for following through to make the client happy in a bad situation--- but bottom line, it should have been done right in the first place - as his quote stated!!

Drink

Shaunp
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Mate, told you to take it to Dave Johnson.

HappyOne
Mustang Maniac

0 👍 / 0 👎

Shaunp wrote
Mate, told you to take it to Dave Johnson.

We all live and learn by or mistakes!!

Cement Thumbs Up

goldscode
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

Never mind mate lm sure youl get it sorted, remember , statistically 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy

moe
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

goldscode wrote
statistically 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy

Quote of the day!!!! Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 👍 / 0 👎

goldscode wrote
Never mind mate lm sure youl get it sorted, remember , statistically 6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy

6 out of 7 are not Grumpy either..... :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kerry

Not all heroes wear capes, some wear scuba tanks and swim by feel ........

"Thank you Boofhead for the wonderful memories"

All times are Australia/Sydney
Go to page Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next

Jump to:

TopPostersToday
   Shaunp 

nassi 

hybrid 

DavesStang 

ants 

Ausjacko 

LatestForumPosts