Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
We have received
page views since
July 27, 2010

Hits New Today: 19307
Hits New Yesterday: 15387

Server Time
22 November 2018 22:13:10 AEDT (GMT +11)
Mustang Technical Discussion > Mustang Projects > Husky's 65 Restomod > Community Forums > Mustang Forum Australia - Mustang Tech

Forum Index > Mustang Projects

Husky's 65 Restomod Reply to topic

Go to page Previous 1, 2, 354, 55, 5661, 62, 63 Next
Husky65
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

Nah 8 rib. I have a fair bit less wrap than you also, so I think my extra psi is just from the output of the 2000. Once you go past 6000rpm my kit apparently starts to slip also with 3.25 and smaller pulleys. I just don't see how your belt is slipping at those low ram's, unless your tensioner is shot I guess

hybrid
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

My tensioner is solid, so it can't really die. I just don't see any other possibility. A leak wouldn't cause boost to keep dropping with RPM increase IMO, it would just lower the overall boost. It's like it's hitting a brick wall.

Anyway, I'm going to pull the pulley off and sand blast it to try and rough it up a bit. 8-rib pulleys slip too, so I'm not surprised a 6-rib might slip, even with good wrap.
It can be 100HP worth of load from a supercharger.

Husky65
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

I just found out my crank pulley is a 7.4 version. Thought I had a 7", so there's my higher boost level there compared to what I thought it should be

Husky65
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

Well a bit of an update. The last 4 weeks the car has sat the tuners. There were a couple minor things that need/needed attention, however the main reason it took that long is the guy just put it to the side one he started it and worked on other cars, thinking I wouldn't need my car for a while. It's been a bit of a frustrated experience getting him to finish tuning my car and I am not sure if I would go back after the car is finished, regardless of how good of a tuner he is.

Anyway, first problem when it first went on the dyno 3 weeks ago is that it kept spitting the supercharger belt. It never did it on the street, but anyway. So the day after I went in and changed the pulley to the larger original one, which is probably a smart move as the other pulley was putting out over 15psi and this is still a stock block.
Anyway, to my dismay, when the belt came off it tore the fan wires to shred and melted the plugs. Not a hard fix but oh well.

Fast forward to today and the car went back on the dyno. Anyway, the snow performance meth nozzle/holder was leaking under boost, pretty bad. So luckily I had another nozzle holder which went on instead of the snow performance one. It still leaked a little but not as bad. It's actually the meth nozzle which is a crap design. I will change it soon.
The other issue was the the valve cover breathers were blowing a bit of oil on boost, and it started to run down onto the headers. They actually had a car catch fire from the same thing, so they were reluctant to keep running it like that, which I understand.

So we left it at that. The car made 400rwhp at 8psi, that is without any timing changes. I'm going to put a catch can on it, fix the meth nozzle, then take it back for a day of wot tuning which he will do for free.

For comparison, on the JEM dyno(which apparently reads a little high), it made 330rwhp at 11psi. So the heads/headers have definitely made a big difference.

Oh, also, my car was reversed into a new mustang in their workshop. It chipped the paint off my rear quarter, which they are fixing. However the new mustangs front guard crumbled, and they will need a new guard for it. This is why I like to do as much as I can myself ha ha Cheers

Last edited by Husky65 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dwayne
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

I keep forgetting to measure my C4 tailshaft for you.

I'm guessing I'll need one a couple of inches shorter that that one for my AOD with the long extension housing.

Husky65
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

Once I get the car back I'll have to measure the tail shaft

hybrid
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

Nice... that power should get you into the 11s now if you can get traction.
I see a set of street legal Mickey Thompsons in your future.

Husky65
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

I can also see them in the future.

The last couple of days I decided to neaten the trunk up and I didn't like a few things I did originally.
Replaced the moroso battery box with a Taylor aluminium one, put the fuses inside the box and added an isolater switch. Added a 12" sub, and tried to play with vinyl. looks better in the photos, but I definitely do not have the patience to play with vinyl. Would carpet everything if I did it again, much easier and you don't see any wrinkles/bubbles.

Husky65
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

So, fitted some new wheels yesterday and decided to drop the rear another 1"(or at least try to). Thank god I decided to, as I found something pretty funky.

Anyway, jacked the rear up, and noticed that the shock plastic covers were melted on one side. That's not right, as the exhaust hasn't moved at all, so jacked it right up and got under to have a look. Both shocks were literally resting on the exhaust. As in, they had come out of their upper mount completely, and were just free wheeling underneath scratching up the undercarriage and getting burnt ha ha. Anyone ever had this happen before?

Anyway, I had to search in the rear shock mounting holes with a magnet for the nuts, upper rubber isolater and the circle plates. Found them sitting in there. After an hour or so everything was back together.
So I noticed that the nuts I found weren't lock nuts, just regular nuts. I have a feeling when the shop installed these, they just nipped them on, and forget to actually tighten the things properly. Anyway, the rear feels a lot better now Smile

Husky65
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

New wheels btw

ozbilt
Site Admin

0 👍 / 0 👎

Rear shock uppers can have 2 nuts, the second one being a half nut (one locked to the other).

Kerry

"Thank you Boofhead for the wonderful memories"

nassi
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

ozbilt wrote
Rear shock uppers can have 2 nuts, the second one being a half nut (one locked to the other).

Just about to add that but no need now.

Ausjacko
Mustang King

0 👍 / 0 👎

I really dislike taking anything anywhere and getting the job done correctly; tuning and shocks cases in point. Those shocks could have been a really nasty accident so well picked up.

I like those wheels as they suit the car- good job. Ever worked for the Bondi Crew; just askin'
cheers
Jacko

'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'

Husky65
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

ozbilt wrote

So just to clarify, use the locking nut and a jam nut to lock the two together? The previous nut wasn't even a locking nut, so not surprised it came loose. The only reason I think that they may have forgot to nip them up, is that both shocks have obviously come loose around the same time.

Last edited by Husky65 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Husky65
Mustang Star

0 👍 / 0 👎

Ausjacko wrote
I really dislike taking anything anywhere and getting the job done correctly; tuning and shocks cases in point. Those shocks could have been a really nasty accident so well picked up.

I like those wheels as they suit the car- good job. Ever worked for the Bondi Crew; just askin'
cheers
Jacko

Tell me about it. I have my car back from tuning and it idles worse than before and have a nice paint chip to go with it.

Cheers mate, got lots of positive comment on the wheels at Harry's tonight. If the Bondi Crew thing is meant to be a joke it has completely gone over my head ha ha. If not, still over my head Head Bash

All times are Australia/Sydney
Go to page Previous 1, 2, 354, 55, 5661, 62, 63 Next

Jump to:

TopPostersToday
   hybrid 

Ausjacko 

Husky65 

LatestForumPosts
Last 10 Forum Messages
Husky's 65 Restomod
Last post by Husky65 in Mustang Projects on Nov 22, 2018 22:11:20

Mustrack - new version released