OK so running the Innovate software on WINE is a complete bust. It just doesn't see the USB to Serial. I finally gave up and lugged a desktop PC down to the garage and ran the upgrade from it.
This seems to have fixed the problem. The wideband has worked for 3 drives now no problem so I've turned the EGO trim back on.
Also I took the car for an autotune run on Saturday and it worked fine. I did get one odd event though. Since the engine now has 500miles on it I decided to give it a bit of welly going up hill. The data log showed 72% throttle with a gear change at 4900rpm. The AFR was 10.8 obviously way too rich.
The really strange thing is that Tunerstudio totally ignored that blat during autotune. Didn't register at all. Has anyone else seen this?
OK so the beta firmware absolutely fixed the LC1. It hasn't thrown an error since. One thing I found while datalogging was that there was a big bump at lowish load in my timing table. It was so off that it went way past pinking to a dead spot. I've wound the timing back but now have a lean misfire in the same spot so more auto tuning is needed.
Also there was an issue with autotuning and the version of Tuner Studio I was using as on one drive once the motor came up to temp tunerstudio was still stuck with min coolant blocking tuning.
The motor now has more than 600 miles on it and has normal oil in it!!
The logos and trademarks used on this site are the property of their respective owners.
We are not responsible for comments, advice, opinions, products or services posted by our members, as they are the property of the poster.