Note: While this post is in chronological order, the dates are not right. The topic was brought over from another location.
So if I look like I'm talking to myself in some of the posts, that would be why
Started the project today... much to be done!
Good thing Matt threw in the full floors before he sent the car over for me.
Rear passenger floor.
Front passenger floor
My helpers have claimed the carpet already
Last edited by hybrid on Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:52 am; edited 5 times in total
Throttle body arrived today. No where near needing it, but I figured with the AUD pretty good at the moment, I might as well shell out for it.
Quality is not as good as the billet ones, but considering this cost me AU$400 including postage from the US, it will do me just nicely.
Its 750 CFM, and has been modified for progressive opening, and TPS.
Got the windows out today and started one side of the floor.
Areas around the windows look quite good for the most part, but there is some rust in the corners of the parcel shelf which may be difficult to repair.
Got the floors finished now - at least from the top. More work to be done underneath I'm sure when I flip it over.
So we went from this:
Some of my welding still needs work, but its mostly because I'm not cleaning the area properly first :_
I think I will fix the bad ones with the TIG later on. I'm much better with TIG than MIG.
My next nightmare... any advice? Ideally it would be nice to take that whole panel out and replace it so I can get behind. But won't want to remove the roof like we did with Ash's car... coz I'm no ozbilt!
And this side I think I will just buy the rear right replacement panel rather than trying to repair.
Looks like I'm going to have to replace parts of the inner guard on the right hand side.
Need to check the left side too now. Hoping its okay, otherwise the left guard may have to come off too.
Put the new rear cross member into the boot that supports the rear of the tank and the tail light panel.
Also have to patch some of the boot floor on the right hand side.
No worries Matt... as you can see, I'm a fair way from needing those yet :+
Don't know about mad skills... I have enough to get me into trouble!
- Patched the rear right floor and re-attached the bumper bracket.
- New right rear guard is clamped into place. Need to get an outer wheel arch and patch between the side of the trunk floor and guard.. then I can weld the guard in place.
- New cowl side panels welded in to both sides. Now just need to have some angle made up to replace the front of the firewall where the cowl attaches and I can weld the new cowl in place.
I wonder if there is anything I should work on under the dash before I weld the cowl in... its much easier to access under there without the cowl in place!
Well its been almost 2 months since I have been able to do any work on the car. Got a week off work now, so hopefully I should get some work done.
Got to work today on the rear windscreen area. Should be able to finish it off tomorrow, but thought I better spend some time with the Mrs today :f
I used the TIG for these welds because I wanted a nice clean flat weld, which I could never do with my poor MIG skills. Still need to do a little grinding, but it will be very minimal.
Got some 1mm angle today and made up the new top for the firewall. Measured up, cut the new piece up, then cut off the old one and welded the new one in place.
I'll clean the welds up and then paint the whole inside of the firewall with POR-15 paint.
The logos and trademarks used on this site are the property of their respective owners.
We are not responsible for comments, advice, opinions, products or services posted by our members, as they are the property of the poster.