WHat to change on an import for licensing in WA

Information on importing your car or parts

Moderator: Moderators

JC074
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: WHat to change on an import for licensing in WA

Post by JC074 »

Funnily i got told to change the clear front lenses to amber ones.. gotalove consistency :)
Im Back!
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

JC074 wrote:Funnily i got told to change the clear front lenses to amber ones.. gotalove consistency :)
Thats not surprising, considering some of the people interpreting rules. Sometimes they just have a bad day.
Cover all options and take both with you :-D
JC074
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by JC074 »

Thats exactly what i have in glovebox :)
Im Back!
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

albanygt40 wrote:Ok where do I get clear lenses from for the front indicator?
The headlight inserts I got have park light globes in them, maybe I should wire the park lights to the new headlights? I thought the lights had to stay the same as the yanks intended?

Cheers for the tips Guys, heading off soon.
In case you cant find some
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1964-1965-19 ... 2a17e88ba8
TheEsp
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by TheEsp »

Hey guys

Just reading that some people have been having fun with the air plane style seat belts.

This never got picked on my 67 Fastback when I went over , but after reading that crazy issue JC074 I'm starting to worry , as we can all agree all our of cars attract enough attention , and with the intelligence of the local law enforcement makes me worry,

Dave
Garagemahal
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Garagemahal »

I went to Osborne park and had no dramas - had to book in though, but was guaranteed a slot. The amber park lights were fine, as were the new lap seatbelts I got.

I had bought a replacement assembly for one of the park lights and for that one the park light and indicator were wired around the wrong way meaning that when the park lights were on it was much brighter than the other side and you couldn;t see an indicator blinking. The guy was very decent and just made me aware of it, saying "thats the second one of these we've seen on a mustang this week. You probably want to get that fixed so the police don't get emotional about it." When i got home, I just reversed the wires and it was fixed.
Everyone wants two mirrors now.

I reckon it's just who you get, what sort of day they've had and the approach you take when you're dealing with them.

Cheers

Matt
I'm planning on living forever - so far it's working out well...
albanygt40
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by albanygt40 »

Very true, alot of it is your attitude, I have an appointment at Midland next friday. Oh and a carton of Corona in the passenger seat helps aswell...... :cheers:
albanygt40
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by albanygt40 »

Well friday was not my day with storms and pouring rain it was not a good idea to take a drum brake car out to the pits. Will rebook and try again next week.

In other news the car had a terrible vibration after about 2000rpm. Turns out the fan had bent blades and one wing missing. Remove dodgy fan and vibration all gone. Thermo going on tomorrow.
albanygt40
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by albanygt40 »

Well the ole Man took my Mustang over the pits for me.

Got a fairly easy list.
Park brake to work - Works but hard to pull on.
Horn to work- had a button but he could 'nt find it.
supply weigh bridge cert- why?
stamp new engine number on block- easy they gave us the number on the day
Steering to self centre when turning - Shelby mod and alignment
instability at speed to be rectified- Alignment
Rectify knocking noise from front end over bumps- Sounds like upper spring insulators have worn away.

That's it. My Old Man said the Guy was very nice and very polite. He also said the Pit acted in a very fair manner and everything he picked he went through with him and why. All items where very obviously wrong.
Exhausted
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Exhausted »

Get some good 2nd hand lap belts from a wrecker that are Aust compliance. Out of a van or rear centre belts etc !! If the examiners see that you have removed any belts they may require to fit new ones. They're cheap just to get it over the pits. Definitely Aust comp headlights. Make sure everything else works as it should then take it over.