Ozbilt's last build for a client

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: Ozbilt's last build for a client

Post by unilec5544 »

There is absolutely nothing left of the 'ORIGINAL' shell that you started out with. It would have been far cheaper for your client to opt for a dynacorn shell to begin with, over this now just an inner frame. I would hate to think what it is costing him.
Last edited by unilec5544 on Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

unilec5544 wrote:There is absolutely nothing left of the 'ORIGINAL' shell that you started out with. It would have been far cheaper for your client to opt for a dynacorn shell to begin with, over this now just an inner frame. I would hate to think what it is costing him.
First issue is getting a Dynacorn shell registered is VERY expensive and involves fitting a current engine (usually a Chev) and other mods bringing it up to latest design rules (it is a NEW car). It also involves a LOT of engineering =$. Ask Chanel Seven's Koshie.

Second, you cannot swap a VIN to a new shell, that is illegal.

This build did not cost any more than buying, importing (paying the duty) & making stuff fit the new shell. Engineering this car will only be for exhaust, seatbelt and maybe the roll bar (they were fitted to the Shelby's of these years).
Last edited by ozbilt on Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

unilec5544 wrote:There is absolutely nothing left of the 'ORIGINAL' shell that you started out with.
Another one I built ...... https://www.mustangtech.com.au/Forums/v ... =3553.html

I do have a slight reputation for reviving the dead ....... :snigger: Apologies for the Photobucket stuffed up thread. They shafted a hell of a lot of forums around the world.
Last edited by ozbilt on Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kerry

unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

I remember reading that thread, car come out awesome and i have no doubt this one will be just as good.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

unilec5544 wrote:I remember reading that thread, car come out awesome and i have no doubt this one will be just as good.
So did "Q", another fun build. I have been talking to Lee these past few days.

You will see over the next few days that it did come out nice. It was finished earlier this year up to "prior to paint" stage.

As I have said earlier in this thread?, I have retired from building cars for customers (at least here in Australia) & want to build a few for myself. I am still making panels for cars & vintage & classic motorcycles.
Kerry

Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

Looking forward to see what you build for yourself.

Any hints on what's on the list?
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

With the rear end square, I could now return to the front & set up the rails, skirts & radiator support panel .....

Then fit up all the panels to ensure correct positioning (along with the measuring system underneath)

Frame rail extensions in place. The measuring system points are visible in this picture .....

Kerry

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Dwayne wrote:Looking forward to see what you build for yourself.

Any hints on what's on the list?
Probably anything that I come across that I find interesting. Would love an early ('65/6) Mini van or an early '50's Morris J van :joy:

A Mk1 Ford Capri, '69 Hillman Hunter GT would get my interest. All of them would be modified as that is what I like to do.

First is to get Mrsozbilt's Mach rebuilt. Mainly engine & trans freshen up, paint & some interior work along with fitting A/C.

All that "may happen" after the house mods are complete .......
Kerry

Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Jacko Paraphrase of Progress (JPP):

With metal on robot (like in the Audi creation facility-'factory' to you non-German purchasers), discard some metal; well most of it really.
Thank the customer for bringing in a 'minor repair jobbie'; at least it was a fastback otherwise why would you- just sayin'
Use the Metal Master (a blast from the past there) to recreate areas where you have cut big holes into what was once a body and frame.
Retain export brace as a link to what once was. Something must have been above the waterline!
Give impression you are on an episode of Fast N' Loud, doing the above in the space of a few days- with photos to document progress.

Cheers
Jacko
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

To add to Jacko's PP, the export brace is my one as I use it to triangulate the engine bay (is is an OEM one) and other than the floors (which had been badly replaced due to rust) most of what I cut off was due to accident damage rather than rust.

Rust was in the typical places, but no where near as bad as others I have revived from the dead.
Kerry

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Ausjacko wrote:Jacko Paraphrase of Progress (JPP):
at least it was a fastback otherwise why would you- just sayin'

Cheers
Jacko
You are a harsh, harsh man.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Ausjacko wrote:Jacko Paraphrase of Progress (JPP):

at least it was a fastback otherwise why would you- just sayin'

Jacko
Jacko, i bet this one gets painted before yours.
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

[/quote]

Jacko, i bet this one gets painted before yours.[/quote]

ADMIN!!! I am being bullied. These non Fastbackers are being nasty to me. They can't help it but that is no excuse. Envy is one nasty emotion.

Nassi, I'll have you know it is nearly back so that you can't see the road surface from 'some places' in the car (night is better really but that will change if the BHP Steel mill in Wollongong comes back on line). The Brits tell me this 'feature' came from the Leman (Lemon?) pedigree of the vehicle regarding helping the racing drivers to read the racing surface. Odd you would do it from the driver's seat but I am no race engineer.

Jacko
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

Doubt you'll get much help from the coupe driving Admin 😘
hybrid
Mustang King