Restoration Shops.

Non-Mustang related Projects

Moderator: Moderators

unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Restoration Shops.

Post by unilec5544 »

Just thought I would post this car that came to this body shop for an alignment and paint and for those that want to restore their own cars, I say go for it.

https://www.autobody101.com/forums/view ... 12&t=27221
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Restoration Shops.

Post by Nuts »

Seen it all. Had one 65 cpe in recently with cracks in the floors that were knocked back by our rego nazi's. A bit of digging revealed 50mm of bog over chicken wire and all smoothed out to look like the original floor. Really was a wonderful job. Would have taken days to do. Would have been easier and cheaper to just cut the floor sections and weld in new ones!
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Restoration Shops.

Post by nassi »

Nuts wrote:Seen it all. Had one 65 cpe in recently with cracks in the floors that were knocked back by our rego nazi's. A bit of digging revealed 50mm of bog over chicken wire and all smoothed out to look like the original floor. Really was a wonderful job. Would have taken days to do. Would have been easier and cheaper to just cut the floor sections and weld in new ones!
Yes it is amazing the extent people go to.
At Mustangs West we had one come in with a very novel floor. It was American copper coins in resin over the rust. It must have taken bloody ages.