Speedo and power hose ??

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: Speedo and power hose ??

Post by unilec5544 »

Shaun, seems my pump and box are different to yours, looks like the return is just a length of hose.

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

no the same so XF hi pressure hose and I got an adapter to fit the Saginaw pump. I made a 3/8 steel line for the return for longevity and neatness to match the main line and use trans hose on each end
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

Awesome, do you remember what size was the adapter for the pump? So when you say you had to cut the return line was the pressure line the correct length?
Last edited by unilec5544 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

unilec5544 wrote:Awesome, do you remember what size was the adapter for the pump? So when you say you had to cut the return line was the pressure line the correct length?
I'll have a look at the adapter I may not have done it up yet. I had to cut the steel line I made for the low pressure I had not Idea where the pump was going to be till I put the engine in. I cut it off level with the tower and it was good. You have to rebend the Falcon line a bit at the box no big deal.
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

Thanks Shaun, I have been searching XF pressure hoses, seems there are a few different ones, do you have the part # of the one you have? Good that you have done all the hard work. :snigger: