FLORIDA FINDS

Information on importing your car or parts

Moderator: Moderators

shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

FLORIDA FINDS

Post by shermatt »

On the road all the time in the US I come across some really good deals that we just dont have any clients for. There not allways mustangs but we thought we would share them with you.

These cars are avaliable for purchase most of the time but its more of a price guide of cars you may be sourcing in the US and were giving you there REAL costs of what there being advertised locally here in Florida

Below image is a test

shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Re: FLORIDA FINDS

Post by shermatt »

Dropped off that Eleanor we had here to a guy last night and he rolls out this numbers matching, stock standard 400 Pontiac Firebird convertible in awsome condition that he tells me he is now selling so he has room in his garage

He asked me if I was interested in buying it (and I have a huge soft spot for the 400 big block firebird convertibles) At the time I wasnt really too interested but then I said, OK, just for shi7s and giggles (while I was there) lets take it for a spin.....worst thing I could of done...the car drove amazingly, plenty of balls..... and cruize!!!...its a cruizer for sure. I ended up putting the old girl through its paces and was impressed. (even made Sheri take it for a spin)

Resprayed, nice interior, new top,rebuilt trans (with a "US" lifetime warranty) Rock solid 400 BB, rare factory hood tach, Electric top works fine but would need a new solonoid as it heats up when going up and has to be done 3 times to close. One rear reverse light is out and would need the neutral safety switch conected. Im sure theres a few other things but I didnt go entirely through it, its just nice knowing whats around...I should of bought it (the guy paid $22k for it years back)

The car drove like a brand new car. Just thought I d share it with you as its a really nice ride and theres a few on ebay from $21-$32, so its priced extremelly well

he said if he doesnt sell it in the next few days he trading it on a new camaro> Im very seriously considering buying this car for Sheri or selling it on locally as there a very sought after car here in the US and hard to come by good ones

$21,920us (includes transport and shipping to Melb/Sydney) in its current codition

email for more details

matt@shermatt.com

Last edited by shermatt on Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

1966 Mustang C code convertible, rebuilt motor, new clutch, interior is like new. Some small rust spots on front doors, rear rails need to be replaced or repaired. Lower cowl in good shape $13,900

Contact matt@shermatt.com or call 0011-1 727 364 8707

Kosa
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Kosa »

reasonable price ^^^ why they value it so low? i thought convertibles where pricy?
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Kosa wrote:reasonable price ^^^ why they value it so low? i thought convertibles where pricy?
Rear rails need replacing, pricey work, so car is priced with that in mind.
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

Its a well maintained driver Kosa (partially restored...if you could say that)

Needs a full respray, small rust spots at front of doors, rear rails are swelling but overall engine is new and drive line is perfect, interior is A1 quality but its just a nice clean driver. That price includes our fee and transport to LA.

Despite its inperfections, it was too cheap to let go so we bought it to put into stock

Matt
Kosa
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Kosa »

ozbilt wrote:
Kosa wrote:reasonable price ^^^ why they value it so low? i thought convertibles where pricy?
Rear rails need replacing, pricey work, so car is priced with that in mind.
oo i see, respray aswell to throw on top of it to.

lol shermatt, u just cant help urself can u mate
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

1965 K code rolling project $8950usd

Originaly honey gold metalic, disc front, 9" rear, Non GT car

Lots of pics available

shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

1965 K code 302 4 speed (not numbers matching) GT 350 tribute $26500
inner fender replaced (no vin stamp) only door tag and title verify K code

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Hey Matt, that 65 K car would have 3 stamped VIN spots. The left front is gone with the original panel, but the right front & left rear would still be there. However would have to unbolt the fenders to find them to verify. You could do the right by taking out the top bolts & lifting the lip a little & after cleaning under there checking by flashlight. Probably get a decent photo, that would be my call.

Looks the goods though.....
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
Dynamic
Living the Mustang Dream
Living the Mustang Dream

Post by Dynamic »

man if i had time, money and space that project fastback would be perfect good buy for someone
Pete
Mustang Project:
http://dynamicstang.blogspot.com
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Yeah every time I see a project fastback now I get the twitches.
But don't have the two key ingredients - time or money :lol:
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

Kerry, I asked him if he had checked the other side but he said it never really bothered him

Im thinking it could even be a rebody at this stage.... Its way up in New York and before I dropped the bucks on it, I was going to pull the passenger fender off to verify...fly up there and check all the likely spots....might even turn out to be a GT.....that would be tits if it was...wasnt many K code GT's (from that research Ive done)

Im waiting for a new Zealand fella to pull his finger out and if he doesnt pull the trigger and buy it from the seller, I will fly up on Saturday and if it checks out.... The fatkid will have to buy it

Im thinking about pulling the trigger on that project K code....god knows why Im procrastinating it still
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Would be hard to tell if a true GT or not as if it is a K car, then all the fittings that make a GT are there anyway. Probably the only tell tale would be small holes in the rad support for the fog light wires, they must be punched, not drilled.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
blkpny
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by blkpny »

Whats the sheet metal like on the rolling fastback matt?
Resto-Mod & Repro Mustang Parts, from the biggest & best suppliers in the Biz. For a sample of what we have, check out www.custommustangs.com.au if you don't see it there, give us a call 03 9782 8850 0438351400
Or stop into our Showroom 2/14 Lakewood Blvd, Carrum Downs
Mustangs are Addictive!
66 Coupe 418w C4 3.50 9" Convo's 10.9@122 FOR SALE
94 SN95 Coupe Supercharged V6 Daily
65 Coupe Project