Discussion of upcoming events in the Events Calendar

Moderator: Moderators

Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Mile stone (for me anyway)

Post by Pinto-Pete »

ozbilt wrote:
malscar wrote:Not often you find someone who can say they still enjoy their trade after half a century. Well done Kerry.
"Half a century" 8O crap, now I feel really old, maybe nearly as old as nassi .....
Nuh uh...
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by MustangMedic »

Well done Kerry.
Be very proud of your efforts and skills learned, it's a dying art.
Cheers,
Ash
Cheers.
Medic
(Always work smarter not harder!!!)
67 C Code coupe
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

I had forgotten I have a thread on this subject.

I should have posted last December as that would have been 55 years in the trade. Then again, now I only do small stuff that will not kill the back lifting it. Another advantage is the turnover in small work is fast.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

Wow, congrats.

What are your most memorable cars over the years?
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

The early days (60's to mid 70's) it would have been building and servicing rally & race cars. We had some quick ones and some well known drivers. October was always the big month with Bathurst followed mid week by the Southern Cross Rally. I first went to Japan because of our success in the Southern Cross.

Mrsozbilt's 69 Mach 1 was a good build and won in concourse in Australia & the USA.

Early 90's was building sports sedans, more quick cars and only left them to move to the USA.

Built some nice hot rods over in the US, won the Sacramento Autorama with a 34 Ford 3 window coupe that the owner had purchased when he was 14. He had just turned 50 when he had me build it.

Tim Allen's 56 F100 (Full Noise) was a well known build & won a lot of events.

However it was custom Harley's that I enjoyed the artistic side of the trade. Won heaps with them.

I liked doing trick stuff like fitting MX5 running gear into a Cortina, or fitting late model supercharged, fuel injected engines in early Mustangs.

However, 2 of the nicest cars I built back here when I returned home, was the No Back Mustang ( https://mustangtech.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=3553 ) & Foresight's Q ( https://mustangtech.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=468 )

The big thing is I have enjoyed helping with all the builds here. Thanks to all that contribute, it has been a fun ride & we look forward to what the future brings.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet