Tickford to release Allan Moffat BATHURST 77 Special Edition

Technical Discussion on Mustangs built from 1979 onward

Moderator: Moderators

StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Tickford to release Allan Moffat BATHURST 77 Special Edition

Post by StephenSLR »

Last edited by StephenSLR on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: Tickford to release Allan Moffat BATHURST 77 Special Edition

Post by StephenSLR »

I thought this article sounded familiar.

Ford Mustang Allan Moffat Edition revealed

https://www.motormag.com.au/news/1609/f ... n-revealed

s
Astro
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Re: Tickford to release Allan Moffat BATHURST 77 Special Edi

Post by Astro »

Wonder what happened to the Mustang Motorsport deal with Craig Dean, word is Moff upped his desire for greenbacks.
Saw build #2 at Rattle N Hum last weekend - if my photobucket was working, I could load some pics.

Cheers

J
I love big birds - I cannot lie...
xpconnor
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by xpconnor »

They look awesome. If I had to choose I'd take the red one because we all know red is the fastest colour. :snigger:
"The Mustang is full of Awesome"
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

StephenSLR wrote:I thought this article sounded familiar.

Ford Mustang Allan Moffat Edition revealed

https://www.motormag.com.au/news/1609/f ... n-revealed

s
I cannot believe how they stuffed up the story on his racing in the USA. Drove Lotus Cortina's for Allan Mann and then the third Cougar for Bud Moore.

Hard to imagine selling a lot of either of the liveried cars. Must be a lot of cashed up gullible people out there (or banks lending stupid money).
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

ozbilt wrote:Hard to imagine selling a lot of either of the liveried cars. Must be a lot of cashed up gullible people out there (or banks lending stupid money).
Only 77 Tickford's to be released, apparently one of the red ones turned up to a show recently so someone is buying them. I like them but I wouldn't be willing to blow the bank for one, so to speak, lol

s
66STNG
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 66STNG »

I heard on the grapevine that Kerry has approached Ford. He wants them to make an Eleanor !
66 basket case
scedd
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by scedd »

66STNG wrote:I heard on the grapevine that Kerry has approached Ford. He wants them to make an Eleanor !
This one is in the shed at Duggo already i heard
The word "swims" upside-down is still "swims".
- If you rip a hole in a net, there are actually fewer holes in it than there were before
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

No matter what the body looks like, that colour scheme is just dull. There's no other word for it.
malscar
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by malscar »

ozbilt wrote:I cannot believe how they stuffed up the story on his racing in the USA. Drove Lotus Cortina's for Allan Mann and then the third Cougar for Bud Moore.
Did he actually drive for Alan Mann's team? I thought he drove his own car against them in a white Cortina. Also, he did co-drive a couple of times for the Shelby team in the longer distance races. I think it was with Kwech.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

malscar wrote:
ozbilt wrote:I cannot believe how they stuffed up the story on his racing in the USA. Drove Lotus Cortina's for Allan Mann and then the third Cougar for Bud Moore.
Did he actually drive for Alan Mann's team? I thought he drove his own car against them in a white Cortina. Also, he did co-drive a couple of times for the Shelby team in the longer distance races. I think it was with Kwech.
I would say you are right about driving for Mann. He did win the 3rd round in 66 in a Lotus Cortina & the only pic I have found is a white one (#40). He was in the Cortina again in 67 until August by the look of the results I have.

Late 67 (Sept on) he drove the 3rd Cougar (green #41) in 4 races for Bud Moore, DNF in the first 3 & 5th in the last.

March 23rd 1968 at Sebring he ran with Kwech. Retired after 63 laps. Looks like the only time he drove for Shelby.

That was his only TA race in 68 from my records.
Kerry

malscar
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by malscar »

I have actually just come across him running a Cortina that appears to be in the Mann colours. 1967 Daytona. Unfortunately it is b/w. More research required now lol.

The only reason I don't believe he ever drove for them is a memory of him telling a story about pissing Mann off with a quicker car and they somehow managed to get Ford to release his engine to them to see why. Turned out the engine was not as powerful as theirs.
malscar
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by malscar »

Kerry, you are correct, he did drive for Alan Mann, have a look at the entry list in this link Car #2

http://www.kwa-kwa.pl/strona/zagranica- ... r-400.html
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

malscar wrote:Kerry, you are correct, he did drive for Alan Mann, have a look at the entry list in this link Car #2

http://www.kwa-kwa.pl/strona/zagranica- ... r-400.html
I had figured that I had a colour picture in one of my books. I then doubted myself when I could not find it.

Nice find :like:
Kerry

malscar
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by malscar »

There are colour shots of what looks to be an ex-Mann car he ran, the gold is replaced by silver or grey. But that event the link is from is also showing the yellow car which he had as well. So I have seen photos of the Mann livery, the red with silver or grey livery, a yellow livery, and white livery. Plus most of the races he entered were under his name, that one above is the sole Alan Mann entry with Moff's name as a driver.