LSV - discount for Mustangtech members

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

LSV - discount for Mustangtech members

Post by hybrid »

Hi folks,
I just got off the phone with Lumley Special Vehicles to move all my "special" vehicle insurance (1 car, two bikes) from Shannons to LSV.
They asked me if I was a member of a club, and I said "sort of" and explained this place, what we were about and how we started.

He's added Mustangtech to their system, and anyone that mentions they are a member here will receive a discount.
I did not get any more of a discount for doing this - I just got the same "member" discount as anyone else would get.

But they were certainly cheaper than shannons (by 20-25% and that's with a higher premium because of my supercharger), so it's worth giving them a call to compare.
Last edited by hybrid on Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: LSV - discount for Mustangtech members

Post by ozbilt »

That works. Well done Jeff ........ :like:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Excellent because i have been pretending im still a member of MOCWA the last 4 years haha!

Actually i left LSV for Shannons when my last renewal come up because Shannons beat their price, but i didnt give LSV a chance to do better. They rang me after my policy expired and i explained that Shannons did a better price with my Toyota Prado included, without asking what Shannons price was they quoted me around 100 cheaper so i will be going back to them in about 3 months.
So it is probably worth just getting on the phone each time you get a renewal and we can keep these mobs honest.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Im glad you had better luck than me. I had terrible luck with LSV (my friend used to work there but left due to the shambles as he called it. He worked in the claims dept).. each time i called them for a quote it got worse and worse to the point the last quote was 3 times as much as the first ( vehicle or details had not changed ).. i tried a 3rd time months later thinking it was just the operator.. they pulled up the previous absurd quote and agreed with me it was wrong.. then put me on hold for 30mins only to return with 'sorry we cant help you with insurance. . wtf? Oh well i was curious to see if they could beat shannons but obviously not. Im a sucker for punishment.

Ive always been with Shannons. They still had my XDs and LTDs on file when i lived in QLD strangely enough and my premium (agreed value) is actually the same as my mazda runabout. Considering where i am.. im pretty happy with that!. If you have a dog id mention it as they take that into consideration and reduced my premium. They also do the club discount which doesnt have to be a paid or official club but more an enthusiasts club like here that you are part of and a member. They had heard of the website (the guy i got was a mustang guy) and they know Bosskraft (who are an Authorised Shannons valuer).

Just my experience and 1cent worth :P
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Why wouldn't they insure you?
I had no issues what so ever.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

hybrid wrote:Why wouldn't they insure you?
I had no issues what so ever.
No idea. They wouldnt day..cept.. yeah sorry cant help you. was strange cause they just said the quote was absurdly wrong and they will fix it.. then bubkus. zilch.. nadda. They already previously quoted me (even if absurdly high)

3 strikes..you're out. im sitting on the Shannons bench for this one.

Ohh highly recommend Mustrack services by Hybrid. This also got me a discount.
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

I am another that left LSV for Shannons because Shannons were cheaper by far.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

For me LSV was less expensive on both cars.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Tried to price cover with Shannons once on my XB ute when the 429 was in it and was told no we don't insure vehicles like that, to which I politely enquired, like what, "modified" Beaker replied.....so have never bothered again.
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Shows just how important the "front of shop" people are to a business.
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

That's weird George but in saying that I had the same experience but the other way around. LSV so far have been brilliant for me where Shannons was an absolute debacle and disgrace much in the manner you talked about with LSV.

No word of a lie I ended up having a fight with the operator who was telling me that I was not a car enthusiast so Shannons can't insure you. What the.....

Anyway, it seems they all have their faults but so far I have been impressed with LSV.

Well done though Hybrid for helping the Mustangtech boys. I am pretty sure I told them I was in MOCA but may check again. Didn't think of the Mustrack thing either George, good tip there mate.
Last edited by cage on Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
shaun071
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by shaun071 »

I had good experiences with LSV but Shannons upped the value by $5k and were half the price. I'll look at them again once it's time to renew though.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Interesting isn't it... sounds like they will both drop their pants if they're taking a customer from the other.
Even NRMA were cheaper than Shannons for parts of our insurance, so that says enough to me!

After my experience with our home insurance (a relatively small claim), I can't see myself ever going back to Shannons.
Astro
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by Astro »

It's the same in the banking industry - they call it "risk appetite"

I have a mate who lives around the corner who is the local shannons rep, so I ask him to for quotes.
Their setup is that if someone calls directly to Shannons and takes up a policy then he as the the rep in the area that the person lives receives $2, if he does the quote then he receives $15.
So I initially had LSV insurance on the Effie when I purchased it - it was time to renew about the same time I was looking at getting "laid up" cover for the notchback :poke: Oz - So for $600 pa I have full comp on the Effie and $65K cover on the '65 with Shannons (LSV called me when I changed over, they were genuinely aggrieved that I had cancelled).
Most of our other insurance is with NRMA (bundling for discount) but it doesn't stop me checking elsewhere as I've caught them creeping up their premiums.
Shannons have been advertising home insurance so I gave old mate a call for a quote, came back $1,100 pa more than NRMA - same thing with the business 2014 Corolla 1.3 Yaris - $740 pa comp insurance, Shannons guy explained that they're not that sharp in some areas (read - no risk appetite), ended up going with Budget direct $300 pa.
I got a cover note for the new GT from NRMA last week - full comp $954 pa, went online for a look, quotes from Woolies, Real life & one other (all underwritten by same insurer) were between $650 & $800 depending on klm's driven + 1 windscreen per year.
For a change called Youii - spent 30 mins answering questions, private use, 20K klm's per year, garaged, both drivers over 50, no demerits, no claims, locked in garage, regional NSW - $1,207 pa without free windscreen! The guy was laughing with me as he read it out (read-no risk appetite for mustangs).
Will ring a couple today and nail them down a bit - no use asking NRMA for extra discount.
Would definately try LSV again when the 65 is on the road.

Cheers

J
I love big birds - I cannot lie...
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Be careful with some of the cheaper insurance. Some of them flat out just do not pay.
My mate lives in Kernell in Sydney where they had a mini tornado a couple of years ago.

NRMA customers were pretty much the only ones that did not have issues from what I hear.