Camaro club mystery cruise eventful night.

Discussion of upcoming events in the Events Calendar

Moderator: Moderators

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Camaro club mystery cruise eventful night.

Post by hybrid »

I could have sworn I had a thread up about this yesterday, but it's gone.. bit strange?

Anyway, had a nice night with the Camaro and Firebird club mystery cruise last night. Ended up going to North Richmond for Pizza.
They're a nice bunch of people, and seem more inclusive of any car than our own "Mustang Club".

Anyhoo.. eventful night. Here's a picture:

Now while this photo was being taken, we've since confirmed that this service station was being robbed.
http://m.police.nsw.gov.au/news_media_r ... w9MQ%3D%3D

George and I were chatting away and a few weird things happen that we didn't even think about until later. We had our backs to the shop the whole time.
Anyway, we hear someone say "theres a robbery!" or something along those lines.
George and I look at each other, I had a quick look inside and couldn't see anything, but we see three blokes kicking in the door of the shop.
At the time we didn't know if they were the ones robbing the place or what was going on, so we decided that because we had two perfect getaway cars if something really was going on, we would vacate the premises.

Turns out it was real... the bloke was allegedly holding a firearm, but was detained by other customer. I can only think that he was already detained and on the floor when I looked inside because I literally saw nobody. The place looked empty. And I guess the other blokes were trying to get in to help. Really don't know for sure though.

How times change though.. 10-20 years ago I would have been running inside, but having a family waiting at home gives a completely different perspective.
Last edited by hybrid on Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Camaro club mystery cruise eventful night.

Post by boofhead »

Cool photo. Was an eventful night.
Glad you enjoyed your time.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

I don't know what happened, but I was replying to the original thread & went to remove my post (as it was no longer relevant) & the whole thread disappeared. In my sleep induced coma this morning, I obviously hit the wrong button ...... :$
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

ozbilt wrote:I don't know what happened, but I was replying to the original thread & went to remove my post (as it was no longer relevant) & the whole thread disappeared. In my sleep induced coma this morning, I obviously hit the wrong button ...... :$
Ok, I'm glad it's you going senile and not me :mrgreen:
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Haha. I was thinking earlier thats its possible THEIR friend was caught by someone already inside and trying to get in to rescue him to escape. It seemed like they were desperate to get in like a panic and doesnt make sense they would act like that to get in to stop a robbery instead of just call the police. They completely ruined that auto door.

Other than being percieved as 2 men in mustangs fleeing the scene, it was a good night
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

hybrid wrote:
ozbilt wrote:I don't know what happened, but I was replying to the original thread & went to remove my post (as it was no longer relevant) & the whole thread disappeared. In my sleep induced coma this morning, I obviously hit the wrong button ...... :$
Ok, I'm glad it's you going senile and not me :mrgreen:
Since the upgrade (well at least for the last day or so) I have not been able to see the buttons to "reply with quote" etc as it is just script, so easy to stuff it up. The only buttons I see in a reply during a thread is the ones on the bottom of a reply, not the top.
Kerry

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

That should be fixed now. Do you still not see them if you do a shift-refresh?
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

hybrid wrote:I could have sworn I had a thread up about this yesterday, but it's gone.. bit strange?

Anyway, had a nice night with the Camaro and Firebird club mystery cruise last night. Ended up going to North Richmond for Pizza.
They're a nice bunch of people, and seem more inclusive of any car than our own "Mustang Club".

Anyhoo.. eventful night. Here's a picture:

Now while this photo was being taken, we've since confirmed that this service station was being robbed.
http://m.police.nsw.gov.au/news_media_r ... w9MQ%3D%3D

George and I were chatting away and a few weird things happen that we didn't even think about until later. We had our backs to the shop the whole time.
Anyway, we hear someone say "theres a robbery!" or something along those lines.
George and I look at each other, I had a quick look inside and couldn't see anything, but we see three blokes kicking in the door of the shop.
At the time we didn't know if they were the ones robbing the place or what was going on, so we decided that because we had two perfect getaway cars if something really was going on, we would vacate the premises.

Turns out it was real... the bloke was allegedly holding a firearm, but was detained by other customer. I can only think that he was already detained and on the floor when I looked inside because I literally saw nobody. The place looked empty. And I guess the other blokes were trying to get in to help. Really don't know for sure though.

How times change though.. 10-20 years ago I would have been running inside, but having a family waiting at home gives a completely different perspective.
Serves you two right for filling with Shell ....... :poke:
Kerry

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

hybrid wrote:That should be fixed now. Do you still not see them if you do a shift-refresh?
Yep, all fixed. I don't care what George says about you, you are alright ....... :rotfl:
Kerry

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Aye aye aye... I didn't fill up. I filled up earlier at Caltex :poke:
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

hybrid wrote:Aye aye aye... I didn't fill up. I filled up earlier at Caltex :poke:
Our cars here have never run so good since we stopped using any other fuel than non ethanol BP.
Kerry

boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

So are we saying a 347 is more economic on fuel than a supercharged 302?
I will someday think of something clever to say.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

boofhead wrote:So are we saying a 347 is more economic on fuel than a supercharged 302?
The 347 sideways was better than a blown 302 redlining at 2700rpm ...... :badabing:
Kerry

Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Now that is a great story to accompany a good photo. Can I suggest next time the Red fastback be closest to the camera - just saying :stirpot:
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'