Meitricks Android app (Beta) - Now in Google Play

Questions about Mustrack, the Meitrack or the VT600 GPS trackers should be posted here.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Meitricks Android app (Beta) - Now in Google Play

Post by hybrid »

Did you put the username and password into the settings page in the app?
Your username is the email address.

I'm not sure what your password is, but if you haven't changed it, you might have an email or PM from me with the details in it.
Otherwise I can change the password for you.
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

Yep. There is the first page that presents when you open the app... Password is in there. And then the page that displays when you hit the Live Track and History tabs showing password and or email error. Resubmit generates same invalid error.

Just sent you an email - can you give me a password reset whenever you get a chance. No rush
Last edited by mikes68 on Tue May 10, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

Password reset worked thanks Jeff. The History tab shows an old track that I did initially when installed a few months back. All good. However the Live Track is showing a pin on a location I was definately at during that initial test but is not the most recent.

Would I be correct in assuming that as I have pulled the SIM out again that it has nothing to do live tracking against and as such is looking a the history? On the SMS Commands tab the Last Known Location looks correct for the test I did last night.

Would it be possible to display the date and time on that Last Known Location view? Might be useful...
Fifty Years Afloat

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

mikes68 wrote:Password reset worked thanks Jeff. The History tab shows an old track that I did initially when installed a few months back. All good. However the Live Track is showing a pin on a location I was definately at during that initial test but is not the most recent.

Would I be correct in assuming that as I have pulled the SIM out again that it has nothing to do live tracking against and as such is looking a the history? On the SMS Commands tab the Last Known Location looks correct for the test I did last night.

Would it be possible to display the date and time on that Last Known Location view? Might be useful...
The Live and History tabs actually log in to a cut down version of the mustrack website, so it can only use GPRS data.
The history page will automatically open to the most recent day that the car successfully checked in, but you can use the menu button to go to different dates.
The live page will only show you the most recent successful check in.

So if your tracker has not checked in via GPRS recently then it will show an old location.
On the SMS tab, the "Last Known Location" option reads all SMS from the trackers number and finds the most recent one that contains location data.
It displays the pin on the map and if you press the pin, it will show a time and address.

You can also click on the car icon in the live map, or at any point on the history map for information.
Last edited by hybrid on Tue May 10, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

Ahhh. Explains it all.

Thanks
Fifty Years Afloat

mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

Still having dramas with the connection of the tracker to my PC. I have made contact with Meitrack to see if they have any known issues with the MVT380 on Windows 10 as I have tried to uninstall / reinstall drivers and search for updates etc with no joy.

The basics are working so that's a good start...
Fifty Years Afloat

gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

I was using windows 10 to connect my old unit 340? And was having troubles. I had troubles with windows 7 also. In my case I found out the harness plug was causing some issues and permanently simulating a button press causing all sorts of issues one being no sms . I realised this when I noticed the blue light (Gps) was solid instead of flashing. It meant a button was pressed. I jiggled the harness plug and it came good but was intermittent. This was causing issues with entering config mode (power button and sos button pressed simultaneously) and why I wouldn't connect.

I'm sure hybrid has already mentioned but have you entered config mode? And what are you gps and goes light status ?maybe unrelated but worth a check.

Hope that made sense. I'm half asleep.
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Mike's issue is drivers for the cable before the tracker is plugged in. It will be a laptop issue rather than meitrack issue.

"device not recognised "
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

Thanks GBX78... yes, Jeff is right, it is a driver issue on my PC. Unfortunately I don't have any other PC to test on either. Seems that Meitrack support have gone quiet after my first response to their response. Probably knocked off for the day.

I need to edit the authorization phone number on the tracker and don't see anywhere in MeiTricks to do it nor via SMS.

GBX... you just mentioned entering Config Mode. I don't recall reading that anywhere. Is it done on the tracker or is it automatic once connected to a PC when you open the port in the Parameter Editor?
Fifty Years Afloat

mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

... also, it is intermittent with its GSM signal although GPS signal seems reasonably reliable. It might be that I am in the garage but I would have though the garage would more likely shield the GPS before the GSM signal... not that either of these will be giving me problems with my PC connection of course!
Fifty Years Afloat

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

I think it's in the parameter editor instructions. Hold sos button while powering on the unit while it's connected to the serial cable
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Try sending this to change the authorised primary phone.

xxxx,B01,1,ph number

If that doesn't work, try adding a comma to the end.

xxxx,B01,1,ph number,
Last edited by hybrid on Wed May 11, 2016 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

What he said :D ^^^^^ ahh ok driver issue then.

When it enters config mode both Gps and gprs LEDs go solid
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

You can try this KB for unknown device issues.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/2654149

Who knows if it will fix it though...
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Another option...

Last edited by hybrid on Wed May 11, 2016 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.