Meitricks Android app (Beta) - Now in Google Play

Questions about Mustrack, the Meitrack or the VT600 GPS trackers should be posted here.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Meitricks Android app (Beta) - Now in Google Play

Post by hybrid »

I think he's wearing out the server and app :lol:
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

If i have to drive it to test ..then so be it

Hybrid has done a great job. Invaluable tool
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

I just released a new version. This should fix the crash on last known location that I found.

Also George, I've added a toast (auto disappearing message) that will list the last known location found in the inbox when you use the last known location sms function.
Let me know if a proper location shows up in that message. I need to find out if it's not finding a location in your inbox, or if there is a problem with the google maps code.
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Are we any closer to finding a reasonably priced sim? will have to chase the crowd I used to see it they brokered a deal with Optus.
Wish I had these skills, excellent work Jeff
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

I'm still using Telstra pre-paid. Happy enough with $180/yr for Telstras network.

Our bigger problem is the 2G network disappearing at the end of next year. George and I are looking to grab one of their new 3G versions to trial.
xpconnor
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by xpconnor »

hybrid wrote:I'm still using Telstra pre-paid. Happy enough with $180/yr for Telstras network.

Our bigger problem is the 2G network disappearing at the end of next year. George and I are looking to grab one of their new 3G versions to trial.
So you can not run a 3G SIM in these trackers?

Jacko you should be able to get on a pre paid plus plan with $30 credit and 6 months to use it so that should be $60 a year. I was on it with my phone up until only a month ago. It is not on there website but as far as I know it still exists.

Is prepaid alright with the trackers as the cost of data is about $2 a MB so ludicrously expensive?
"The Mustang is full of Awesome"
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

The pre-paid yearly sim I use has 12GB included.

Yes you can use a 3G SIM, but it will fall back to 2G because that is all the unit supports. It does not need high speed data because it's a very small amount of data it sends. However, when Telstra switch off 2G we have no choice.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Hey George,
you did a lot of driving over the weekend. Can you check out the Telstra page and see how much data you used?

I know Telstra rip us off for sure with data. The tracker sends in the region of bytes each time - not even kilobytes.
The size of a GPRS package (including data) is about 160 bytes
But telstra round up to some minimum size, so our data usage shows much more than we really used.
Last edited by hybrid on Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

It was 220 for me with 12gb data.

Im fire drilling at the moment but ill check later. Optus is crap reception near me so im thinking going telstra with my mobile and it has a share data thing so ill utilise that if required.

Boofhead
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Might have been 200

Boofhead
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Maybe I get it cheaper because it's attached to my account that has broadband, foxtel and two post paid mobiles.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

hybrid wrote:Hey George,
you did a lot of driving over the weekend. Can you check out the Telstra page and see how much data you used?

I know Telstra rip us off for sure with data. The tracker sends in the region of bytes each time - not even kilobytes.
The size of a GPRS package (including data) is about 160 bytes
But telstra round up to some minimum size, so our data usage shows much more than we really used.
hey mate

1.8mb for the last 30 days lol. not a lot at all. though a crap load of sms's $56 worth just for the last 30 days. Ill check the previous months.

i may have to revisit this.. prepaid might not be the way though maybe its because of the hickups i had with the antenna and false alarms

Boofhead
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Yeah I think you need to work out exactly what you need. IMO, sms on ignition and maybe tow and that's all.

We can also get them sending alerts to the server via GPRS and I could convert that to an email sent to the username (email) on the website.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

hybrid wrote:Yeah I think you need to work out exactly what you need. IMO, sms on ignition and maybe tow and that's all.

We can also get them sending alerts to the server via GPRS and I could convert that to an email sent to the username (email) on the website.
previous month was only $12 (40 sms's approx) .. this month ive had some troubles but then again ive been driving the car alot. Sometimes on start i would get 14 sms's unjust though. Should only get an exit sleep and thats and maybe Tow. alot of the sms's were repeats of each other.. and i think this comes to that plug.. keeps causing more sms's than necessary.

saying that i think the prepaid will be fine. however there might be a plan thats equiv to that per month that has more value and and prob sufficient data per month anyway.

Boofhead
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Let me know if you want to purchase some units. I will see what my contacts can do. What specific models are you considering?
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'