Project Brandy

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Project Brandy

Post by cage »

At the same time as buying the Pro-Flo 4 we decided to go with the new TF28H-T tank from Tanks Inc. with the pre positioned fuel pump and fuel sender mountings already there. It is the larger 70’ tank which I already had in the car anyway so this was effectively a swap.

Also bought the new in tank fuel pump GPA-4 Electric, 100 psi, 255 lph, 1/4 in. NPT Female Threads Inlet/Outlet, and new fuel sender 73-10 ohms both from Tanks Inc. to suit.

There is a bit of work needed to compete the set up but I am pretty sure someone else on the forum has already gone over this.

"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

I think Husky had the Tanks Inc setup for his.
jbb
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by jbb »

Got them in both my cars and also for my sons project.
Very good tanks and pumps !!

some issue with gauge accuracy
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

jbb wrote: some issue with gauge accuracy
Which gauges are you using?
Marty has the dakota set. Will be interesting to see how it works. We didn't really trust it with the previous sender to be honest, but we have set this sender up to exact specs, so we're keen to see how it goes.
jbb
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by jbb »

hybrid wrote:
jbb wrote: some issue with gauge accuracy
Which gauges are you using?
Marty has the dakota set. Will be interesting to see how it works. We didn't really trust it with the previous sender to be honest, but we have set this sender up to exact specs, so we're keen to see how it goes.
Both cars autometer gauges .

On tanks website, they specify the range of course, but i read somewhere something about only a special order autometer gauge will work, not the off the shelf.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

So would you need to have a false floor to protect the pump and sender..?
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

We're no allowed to have any fuel lines in the trunk area unless an engineer signs off that the trunks is completely blocked off from the passenger compartment.
smh00n
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by smh00n »

If you are using AN fittings you can't get -8 into the tank fittings. Biggest is -6 unless you doctor the fitting or the pump top.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Dwayne wrote:We're no allowed to have any fuel lines in the trunk area unless an engineer signs off that the trunks is completely blocked off from the passenger compartment.
You don't have any choice if using tanks inc.
Mine have always been in my boot under a false floor.
Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

hybrid wrote:
Dwayne wrote:We're no allowed to have any fuel lines in the trunk area unless an engineer signs off that the trunks is completely blocked off from the passenger compartment.
You don't have any choice if using tanks inc.
Mine have always been in my boot under a false floor.
I had to go with the weld on sump like Shaun has for that reason.
trav68
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by trav68 »

Aeromotive Stealth II tanks have fuel fittings at stock location ( under vehicle) which is pretty neat so nothing internal to vehicle ( in case you haven't quite committed yet).

Interested in this Pro Flo install as I am comtemplating getting one myself.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Cage can ask the interior guys to make the floor out of metal so it can be completely sealed. Not a big deal since they were going to do a floor anyway.
The commitment has kinda been made since it should be fired up the next day we work on it.
Last edited by hybrid on Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Interesting, as to date all Toyota car fuel pumps can be removed through a hole in the floor under the back seat...
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

Pinto-Pete wrote:
Interesting, as to date all Toyota car fuel pumps can be removed through a hole in the floor under the back seat...
I'm assuming the Toyota's have a cover plate to seal off the pump from the cabin.

My issue would be the 70 tank would have to be lowered another 1/2" so the fuel lines on top of the tank could be under a flat sheetmetal cover and not look funky. Having surge tanks and lines etc in the trunk is their main concern, as it could send fuel into the passenger compartment in an accident if it's not sealed off properly.
Last edited by Dwayne on Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Pinto-Pete wrote:
Yes my wifes old mazda was the same. Lots of cars are done this way with just a plate and self tappers. Definitely would not have been "completely sealed".