New website - Known Issues

Need help with something on the website, forums etc? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: New website - Known Issues

Post by Pinto-Pete »

malscar wrote:Random question.

Why all of a sudden do hybrid's and Pinto-Pete's posts come up as cloaked? If you click on the right side of the words, the original post opens.

Plus I have not cloaked anyone.
Wondering the same myself, unable to read my own pearls of wisdom (a message there perhaps)..
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Pinto-Pete wrote:

Why all of a sudden do hybrid's and Pinto-Pete's posts come up as cloaked? If you click on the right side of the words, the original post opens.

Wondering the same myself, unable to read my own pearls of wisdom (a message there perhaps)..
:snigger:
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Pinto-Pete wrote:

Not bad when you can "cloak" yourself ........ :like:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

ozbilt wrote:
Pinto-Pete wrote:

Not bad when you can "cloak" yourself ........ :like:
Yer I go alright, basking in my own awesomeness really oz... :spoton:
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

While trolling over my build threads that havent seen some action for a quite a while :disappointed_relieved:
I have noticed that the first or more posts of when i got the cars (introduction) are missing on both my Faistang and Convertibuild threads, anyone else? Any ideas Hybrid ???
Last edited by scott66stang on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Deleted cookies and browsing history and I still have to log-in each time I visit. Using IE11.0.9600. It remembers my pw but the user name is not populated.
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

scott66stang wrote:While trolling over my build threads that havent seen some action for a quite a while :disappointed_relieved:
I have noticed that the first or more posts of when i got the cars (introduction) are missing on both my Faistang and Convertibuild threads, anyone else? Any ideas Hybrid ???
Are you sure it was ever all there on this website? Most of us came over from the other site with our builds already in progress.
If you are SURE they were there, how long ago do you remember them being there?

I might have an old copy of the database somewhere here that I can check. However, posts generally don't go missing from the database like that.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

hybrid wrote:
scott66stang wrote:While trolling over my build threads that havent seen some action for a quite a while :disappointed_relieved:
Are you sure it was ever all there on this website? Most of us came over from the other site with our builds already in progress.
If you are SURE they were there, how long ago do you remember them being there?

I might have an old copy of the database somewhere here that I can check. However, posts generally don't go missing from the database like that.
Im about 99.9% sure there was more there "dont you hate that .1% of uncertainty" but i am aging :neutral_face: i copied and pasted from the old site, just removing a couple of other posters replies. I do have it stored on one of my computers or hard drives somewhere so dont go to too much trouble yet. It is also just strange that the first post on both threads are blank?
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Oh so the post is there, it's just blank. I will look into it tomorrow. That is weird.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

hybrid wrote:Oh so the post is there, it's just blank. I will look into it tomorrow. That is weird.
Yeah at least one post at the beginning, not sure if there were more. I just found the saved convertible documents on my hard drive so i can just copy and paste them back onto the first post.

The links to my threads are below in my signature.
Last edited by scott66stang on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

I have found my Fairstang project backup now, looks like it is just the first post, so all good i can just copy and paste. I have left them atm incase you wanted to investigate or something. If not let me know and i will fix them up.
Dont know how long its been missing but im quite sure it was there before the new site.

The only reason i looked today is that i crossed paths with a acapulco blue 67 Fastback while driving my Caddy in the new suburban developement across the road where he lived. He ended up checking out my place/ mustang/projects and i emailed the links to my builds. He will be looking and joining up here possibly tonight.
Last edited by scott66stang on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Yeah don't do anything yet.
I just edited your first post (didn't submit) and I can see all the text in there.

Clearly there is something in there that is causing the website not to be able to display it. A weird character or something.

Leave it with me to fix, coz it might be a bug that needs sorted by the devs.
Last edited by hybrid on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Ok, so I can see there is at least one strange character in each post. Your convertibuild post only had one, so I manually removed it and now the post is showing.

The other thread has a lot more of them, so I will leave that one to see if there is something in the code we can change to fix the issue.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

I think i know what caracters you are talking about, i remember seeing them in there. They arrived when i copied and paste from the other site to my old outdated microsoft office/word, it may have something to do with that.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Yeah at least some of them seem to be in place of where an apostrophe should be.

I just had a look in the database, and it appears to be double and single quotation marks, but they are not the normal ones.

What I would say is that they are not part of the standard character set and for whatever reason, the web page is not able to handle them.