ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Old General Motors Plant to Become Car Condos

Post by ozbilt »

The headline screams ......

"Old General Motors Plant to Become Multi-Million Dollar Car Condos"

http://news.boldride.com/2015/06/m1-con ... oit/83074/

It will take some money in a really run down (think bankrupt) town. Hope it works, but I could think of a hundred better cities in the USA where it would work better ......
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Old General Motors Plant to Become Car Condos

Post by boofhead »

Interesting. Last time I looked 100K gets a nice house in Detroit. Not so sure it is in a nice area though. Good luck to them.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

ozbilt wrote:I could think of a hundred better cities in the USA where it would work better ......
True but I hear Detroit wants to get out of the rut it's in and draw people as well as industry back to the place.

s
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

boofhead wrote:Interesting. Last time I looked 100K gets a nice house in Detroit. Not so sure it is in a nice area though. Good luck to them.
You could by the whole street for that money. I know of a guy that bought 2 houses in Detroit for US$40k.

The city has been bulldozing abandoned homes for many years now, so it is possible to go into a street & see one or two houses still standing.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

ozbilt wrote:
boofhead wrote:Interesting. Last time I looked 100K gets a nice house in Detroit. Not so sure it is in a nice area though. Good luck to them.
You could by the whole street for that money. I know of a guy that bought 2 houses in Detroit for US$40k.

The city has been bulldozing abandoned homes for many years now, so it is possible to go into a street & see one or two houses still standing.
That is so sad.