Useful EFI conversion products

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Useful EFI conversion products

Post by boofhead »

I am running the 255 Warlbro and as it happens it is located just where Kerry is illustrating it above. I can hear it but it is not to noisy. The Holley blue I ran in my Capri was far louder. Hearing it actually provides confidence - I cannot hear my lift pump with the engine running.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

boofhead wrote:I am running the 255 Warlbro and as it happens it is located just where Kerry is illustrating it above. I can hear it but it is not to noisy. The Holley blue I ran in my Capri was far louder. Hearing it actually provides confidence - I cannot hear my lift pump with the engine running.
Correct, you can hear them but they are not distracting, once the cars were running you could not hear them over the exhaust music.

This one was really quiet because of the way it was mounted, it sat on a plate that used insulating mounts to the lower mounting plates. They are the same as Harley Davidson oil bag mounts & I get a bag full of them whenever I am in Hong Kong .......

Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

The Weldon pump I'm running was so loud passers by were look at the car with a WFT expression!!

You could put the PWM speed controller on it and have a bypass at WOT. The Megasquirt has a pinout you could use for this. That way the pump would be quiet in traffic and supply full fuel when you need it. The Bosch will work with it but I am unsure about the Warlbro

I just found people are using a Subaru fuel pump controller for returnless systems and pump speed control.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

lukep6470 wrote: I just found people are using a Subaru fuel pump controller for returnless systems and pump speed control.
Another good tip. Excellent.

Kerry I like the way you did the bracket. It also looks like it is well protected.
MaxPower
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by MaxPower »

If any of you guys want to try a BA sedan fuel pump assembly, let me know. I throw them out all the time. Nothing wrong with them, just not worth removing before the car goes to scrap.
Just let me know and am happy to remove one with a snip of wiring loom and hoses.
Last edited by MaxPower on Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There's 3 ways to do things. The right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way."

"Isn't that the wrong way?"

"Yeah, but faster!"
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

That is nice of you. It is also a good way to get a low cost high pressure pump even if you do not want to use the housing it is in.
lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

I'll take an inertia switch if you have one to sell.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

MaxPower wrote:If any of you guys want to try a BA sedan fuel pump assembly, let me know. I throw them out all the time. Nothing wrong with them, just not worth removing before the car goes to scrap.
Just let me know and am happy to remove one with a snip of wiring loom and hoses.
What I would love is even just the plug from one of the pumps!
They are pretty expensive to buy after market.

If you could snip one off with a couple of inches of wire attached, I'd be happy to cover any costs to get it.
MaxPower
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by MaxPower »

No problems, Hybrid. The pump in the car that I'm working on at the moment is spoken for but the next one is yours :thumbs:
"There's 3 ways to do things. The right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way."

"Isn't that the wrong way?"

"Yeah, but faster!"
lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

Just thought I'd add to the list of useful EFI products

I'm now using one of these FiTech swirl pots. Seems to have more than enough flow for my mid strength 347. It has multiple mount options:

HyperFuel Single Pump G-Surge Tank With Return – 800HP
lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

I also installed a Daytona WEGO wideband controller. It uses the same configuration as the Innovate LC-1 in Tunerstudio. Let's hope it's more reliable.

WEGO Systems Overview