Useful EFI conversion products

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Useful EFI conversion products

Post by lukep6470 »

Over the last couple of days I've seen a couple of products that would make an EFI conversion much easier. Just posting them as an FYI

Edelbrock make an in engine bay EFI sump that can go after the factory mechanical pump. It's called the "Edelbrock Universal Sump Fuel Kit". Part #3605 for the 60PSI kit and 3607 for the 40 PSI kit.

Accel make a 750 CFM 4150 throttle body that takes 4 injectors. VPW have them on special ATM. Part #ACC74135B
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Useful EFI conversion products

Post by hybrid »

That sump isn't a bad idea. Only issue is there isn't a lot of room left in our engine bays. I would be a bit hesitant to have another litre of fuel in the engine bay too.

This is a good thread though. Will add anything as I think of it.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Interesting. I like the fuel sump (swirl pot [sort of]) with the pump inside. I would not mount it in the engine bay but I do like the concept. Easier than my alloy swirl pot in the boot with the external high pressure pump (which is feed via a low pressure pump). So indeed there is a place for this product.

The TB looks ok but I could not find any further details. No idea if it comes with the TPS or Idle valve (and which type of brand is being used). In any case, I am interested in this topic. Thank you.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Yes.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

hybrid wrote:That sump isn't a bad idea. Only issue is there isn't a lot of room left in our engine bays. I would be a bit hesitant to have another litre of fuel in the engine bay too.

This is a good thread though. Will add anything as I think of it.
OK, so what I would do is replicate the RH inner front fender skirt to the LH side, that would provide heaps of engine bay space for pieces such as that to mount ...... :lol:

Note that 1 liter of fuel is not under high pressure, only from that pump to the injectors. Cars with HP pumps at the rear have pressure all the way under the car.

This converting to EFI is becoming way too easy ....... :poke:
Kerry

Husky65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Husky65 »

There is this kit, if you want to put a BA/BF fuel pump assembly into a mustang tank. Makes the process a lot easier.
https://www.efihardware.com/products/25 ... BA-FPV-MRA

PS. The 69 Fuel tank and BA/BF fuel pump assembly seem to be made for each other height wise
Husky65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Husky65 »

And there is this kit also, which is what I would get if I was going an external solution.

http://store.034motorsport.com/fully-en ... -tank.html
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

boofhead wrote:Interesting. I like the fuel sump (swirl pot [sort of]) with the pump inside. I would not mount it in the engine bay but I do like the concept. Easier than my alloy swirl pot in the boot with the external high pressure pump (which is feed via a low pressure pump). So indeed there is a place for this product.
A mate of mine has this thing.

It got a 044 built into it. Would keep it much quieter.
Last edited by hybrid on Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

I looked at some installs of the sump online and they put them at the back of the engine bay. If a shunt is big enough to damage it way back there the inertia switch should go off anyway. Either that or put it under the windscreen washer bag :-)

The Accel throttlebody is bare.
lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

The 034 Motorsports tank is a neat compact solution for putting at the back of the car but it would still require a return and a lift pump.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

lukep6470 wrote:The 034 Motorsports tank is a neat compact solution for putting at the back of the car but it would still require a return and a lift pump.
Yeah but that's the only way I would run.
I would hate to think how hot the fuel in that small sump would get on a hot day with the return feeding back there.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

hybrid wrote:
lukep6470 wrote:The 034 Motorsports tank is a neat compact solution for putting at the back of the car but it would still require a return and a lift pump.
Yeah but that's the only way I would run.
I would hate to think how hot the fuel in that small sump would get on a hot day with the return feeding back there.
It would be bloody hot.

We used to empty the tank in the race car after say an 8 or 10 lap race. We only ever put enough fuel for the warm up lap & extra for cool down, pace car etc, but there would always be say 10 liters or so left (sometimes more).

When we pumped it out it was really hot & we had insulated lines to & from the engine. So done for 2 reasons, one to allow cool fuel to be added for the next race & also to gain an idea of what we are using that day.
Kerry

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Yeah fuel in the tank will still get warm, but it's a much bigger vessel and gets some cooler air underneath.

At least a swirl pot at the rear always has new fuel coming in from the lift pump, and overflow (including from the return) also goes back to the tank.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Husky65 wrote:There is this kit, if you want to put a BA/BF fuel pump assembly into a mustang tank. Makes the process a lot easier.
https://www.efihardware.com/products/25 ... BA-FPV-MRA

PS. The 69 Fuel tank and BA/BF fuel pump assembly seem to be made for each other height wise
Yeah I wish I saw that before I did mine.