New tracking website

Questions about Mustrack, the Meitrack or the VT600 GPS trackers should be posted here.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

New tracking website

Post by hybrid »

I've changed the tracking website from the horrible bloated Java based one to a PHP one (a language I understand better than java).

I also completely re-wrote the data handler for the Meitrack devices we bought in the group buy, also now in php and hopefully more reliable.

Now that the website is in PHP, I should be able to modify it to be able to send commands from the website to the devices.

The new site is here:
http://www.winsto.net/mustrack/

You can also login as a demo user here to see some sample data:
http://www.winsto.net/mustrack/index.ph ... ive&demo=1

The live window shows where your vehicle is "right now" (or the last time it checked in), and you can use the history window to see past trips.

Try looking at vehicle 2 from the drop down list and then look at 14th May 2007 for a good example.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New tracking website

Post by ozbilt »

Hmm, must get around to installing one of the two I got into Mrsozbilt's Mach ......
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

That will be a good idea in preparation... Kai had asked me when you are going to fix the paint and get it back on the road :-)
"Hey Steve, I hope we can put this back together" - Ozbilt
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

DD289 wrote:That will be a good idea in preparation... Kai had asked me when you are going to fix the paint and get it back on the road :-)
You tell that Holden loving son of yours "when I finish all the other projects I have going here" ....... ;)
Kerry

DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

Ok. Maybe if I convert him from the dark side he will have a chance if becoming the 6th person to drive the Mach on two continents. Now THAT would be worth striving for!!!
"Hey Steve, I hope we can put this back together" - Ozbilt
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

DD289 wrote:Ok. Maybe if I convert him from the dark side he will have a chance if becoming the 6th person to drive the Mach on two continents. Now THAT would be worth striving for!!!
Good call ...... ;)
Kerry

nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

DD289 wrote:Ok. Maybe if I convert him from the dark side he will have a chance if becoming the 6th person to drive the Mach on two continents. Now THAT would be worth striving for!!!
Now thats a big ask....................... them olden lovers are a touch one eyed. :poke:
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

So the device sends the position every 11 minutes (based on demo data). So how do you set up the device?
Does it send the data via a HTTP put request? Parsing the format - which is?
Path followed on google maps is clever - is that a part of the API?
Any way, all very interesting. Good work.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

That's just test data in there (not mine).
Our devices can be configured to send data as often as you like, in increments of 10sec from memory.

There is also a sleep timer, so if nothing has happened (ignition on, SOS alarm, tow alarm, SMS position request etc), then it will stop sending location after the specified sleep time.

It doesn't use HTTP, it uses TCP on a port you specify and comes in ASCII form. For example:
$$m128,359231030510357,AAA,35,-33.000000,150.000000,141117051517,A,11,11,0,349,0.8,57,113954339,14863329,505|1|0<truncated>

My data capture server splits out the components of the data and manipulates and enters it into the database.
Commands can be sent back in a similar format, but also requires a checksum, which is going to be the hardest part to implement as I think they do it in a weird way.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Thanks. Did you purchase the devices from China?
I will someday think of something clever to say.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Yes I made contact with Meitrack and bought direct from them in a group buy for the forum.

My previous employer also bought some and may still have some. His were the MVT380 I think - a slightly higher spec unit (more input/output etc).
ACTstanglover
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by ACTstanglover »

What is involved if you buy a device. Do you need a SIM card or how do they work?

Sorry, i am no IT expert.

What sort of cost are they?

Cheers

Andrew
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Yes you need a SIM to be able to either send/receive SMS or data.

I've gone with Telstra purely because of their coverage, but they are more expensive than others.
Mine is pre-paid $180 per year and comes with enough data (12GB) that should cover the entire years with of communication with a tracking server.

We got the devices for around $120 each in the group buy including post to Aus.

Can't remember the cost of the ones my old boss brought in, but they were more expensive. It's probably in a thread in the GPS Tracker forum somewhere.

You can also get another brand of device if you like. SMS won't be a problem, but if you wanted to use Mustrackâ„¢ I would have to write some code to translate it's messages into the website.
moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by moe »

It might be worthwhile looking into another group buy...

What sort of numbers did you get last time Hybrid?
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

I think we bought around 10.
That was 8 buyers and then I bought a couple extra in case of failures etc.

I still have one left at home, but I think cage had dibs on it.