Technical Discussion on Mustangs built from 1979 onward

Moderator: Moderators

boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: 2015 Mustang begins production

Post by boofhead »

:rant:
We generally get ripped off on everything here.
When I had my RX8 there is a spark plug change due at 60000K and the plugs alone on OZ were over 4 hundred dollars for the 4 plugs. I was aware of the cost so I import a set of plugs for $100.00 total from Japan.
Same goes for my projector - local cost for a replacement bulb was $750.00 and I imported one from Japan for $200.00. The list goes on and on. :rant:
I will someday think of something clever to say.
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

GG65GT wrote:Doug
my mate got charged $900 for his service and was told $100 per litre for the SRT oil at a dealer local to me. (no thats not a typo, hes adamant thats the cost quoted)
He searched everywhere here only to find its exclusively dealer supplied, ended up buying pennzoil SRT 0-40 1 litre bottles by the carton from Amazon, yeah Amazon where you buy books 'n shit. got enough of it for services to 60k kms.
and the hijack/diversion continues....
Thanks mate, interesting... I haven't looked into it yet but my colleague who also has an SRT tells me the owner's manual specifies Havoline 0-40. And Castrol Edge 0-40 is around $85 for 5l, the 6.4 Hemi requiring 6.6l per change. I'm personally not a Castrol fan in general, but I'll look further into all this between now and first service. It would appear that when it comes to servicing and accessory fitting costs with Jeep, inconsistency is the only thing that's consistent.
"Hey Steve, I hope we can put this back together" - Ozbilt
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

Looks Phat, but I'm still not sold on the body styling. I'm sure it's an awesome driver though.

Back to the hijack, first SRT service cost me just shy of $500 at the dealer. After my experience with Ford dealer service in the past, it's not too bad.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

DD289 wrote:Looks Phat, but I'm still not sold on the body styling. I'm sure it's an awesome driver though.

Back to the hijack, first SRT service cost me just shy of $500 at the dealer. After my experience with Duggo service in the past, it's not too bad.
:lol:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

ozbilt wrote:
DD289 wrote:Looks Phat, but I'm still not sold on the body styling. I'm sure it's an awesome driver though.

Back to the hijack, first SRT service cost me just shy of $500 at the dealer. After my experience with Duggo service in the past, it's not too bad.
:lol:
:like:
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

DD289 wrote:Looking forward to seeing what they look like in the flesh on the road.
At risk of also getting thrown under a bus, I spotted what appeared to be a current model red Camaro coupe in the traffic yesterday... It looked HOT. Very intimidating with that aggressive styling, black hood scoop and stripes.
Honestly hoping the 2015 Stang grows on me, as there may be the need for a new daily driver... my missus has already got her eyes on my Jeep SRT that I picked up last week!
Nice work, only 9 posts in and you hijack the thread and blame Donno smooth, very smooth Doug, obviously nassi's tuttleidge has born fruit..
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

:outtahere:
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

at least that looks less like a BRZ.
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

Ausjacko wrote:at least that looks less like a BRZ.
Yeah, a BIT less.
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

Pinto-Pete wrote:
DD289 wrote:Looking forward to seeing what they look like in the flesh on the road.
At risk of also getting thrown under a bus, I spotted what appeared to be a current model red Camaro coupe in the traffic yesterday... It looked HOT. Very intimidating with that aggressive styling, black hood scoop and stripes.
Honestly hoping the 2015 Stang grows on me, as there may be the need for a new daily driver... my missus has already got her eyes on my Jeep SRT that I picked up last week!
Nice work, only 9 posts in and you hijack the thread and blame Donno smooth, very smooth Doug, obviously nassi's tuttleidge has born fruit..
Nassi is very inspirational.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

DD289 wrote:
Pinto-Pete wrote:
Nassi is very inspirational.
Thats one word for him... :poke:
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Lay off guy's, I've been framed. :lol:
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

I may have missed something on this elsewhere, but check this out.

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2015/fo ... sn_tn=true

Yeah, I suppose I would drive one :)
Not sure about the Graphics package though.
smh00n
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by smh00n »

Does anyone know if there are any available to buy, i.e. stock and not sold?
Don't really want to call a dealer and have him become my instant BFF