Ronin187 - pics as promised

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ronin187 - pics as promised

Post by ozbilt »

Ausjacko wrote:Not that I know of cage, why?
Good, because I did not know either ........ :shrug:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Nassi, go to page 56 of the Grey coupe build thread and you can read about it there.
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Ausjacko wrote:Nassi, go to page 56 of the Grey coupe build thread and you can read about it there.
It had to be there somewhere, you are too thorough to have missed it.
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Ausjacko wrote:Not that I know of cage, why?
Just wanted to go for a quick cruise in your car to see the gear vendors working. All good though.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Ausjacko wrote:Nassi, go to page 56 of the Grey coupe build thread and you can read about it there.
Got a link to that thread Jacko, can't find it.
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

Thanks Jacko but unfortunately the photos don't show anymore.
Ronin187
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Ronin187 »

Hybrid - I wish I could in a way. The closest thing Ive got to a garage out here is a fibro covered shed. Which I'm in the process of making in some way weather proof... This base gets some incredibly strange weather events happening, almost like Melbourne. I've literally seen it sunny, then overcast, then pouring rain, then hail, then sunny again.

I was hoping to get some stuff done during the week, like at least mount up the electronic controllers, but Add to dictionary living next door to the guys I'm teaching sees them over asking questions long after knock off. which isn't bad, shows their keen to learn, but gets impeding my wrench time.

Hopefully get out to duggo this weekend to catch up with Kerry and pick up his C6. then I can mate everything together and start figuring out drive shaft lengths and if I'm going to need to make adjustments to the exhaust system (fingers crossed I don't).

Also want to sus out a reverse camera that displays on the rear view mirror - two birds to kill here, till make parking easier if mrs Ronin drives and ill get some insulation installed when routing wiring.

last thought for the evening. I know this has been discussed to death, but I've been considering various methods to make the car less easy to steal, considering I broke into mine the other night with a shoelace (hit me up for guidance)

The GPS tracker is a definite, also going to have a chat to the local police (who knows, there may be some spunky constable on the front desk) and I'm looking at building a car alarm.

That's pretty much the best we can achieve isn't it? I mean, I could rig up some fairly Gucci anti theft devices, however I don't know how much trouble i'd get into if the dude had to go to hospital (also, anyone interested, hit me up)
xpconnor
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by xpconnor »

Ronin187 wrote: last thought for the evening. I know this has been discussed to death, but I've been considering various methods to make the car less easy to steal, considering I broke into mine the other night with a shoelace (hit me up for guidance)

The GPS tracker is a definite, also going to have a chat to the local police (who knows, there may be some spunky constable on the front desk) and I'm looking at building a car alarm.

That's pretty much the best we can achieve isn't it? I mean, I could rig up some fairly Gucci anti theft devices, however I don't know how much trouble i'd get into if the dude had to go to hospital (also, anyone interested, hit me up)
I've always liked the idea of having an unimaginable amount of electric current running through the door handle so when some weasely smack head tries to break in they at a minimum lose control of their bladder and piss their pants.
"The Mustang is full of Awesome"
Ronin187
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Ronin187 »

That's one line of thought I was considering.

Another is a form of electronic counter measure. A incredibly high pitched frequency that's cause intense pain, nausea, and discomfort.

This is the kind of thing that keeps me up at night ?
lukep6470
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by lukep6470 »

There is a guy on Ebay Australia that sells a replacement T-bar handle that has a lock in it for late 60s Falcons. It is compatible with the early Mustang T-Bar (I have one on my 67). It may not stop someone but it will slow them down.
Last edited by lukep6470 on Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

If they really want your car they will take it one way or another. At least the tracker lets you find it afterwards.
My mate had all kinds of contraptions on his car and they just put it on a flatbed and drove away.
Ronin187
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Ronin187 »

that's true, I guess you can only deter to a certain degree...
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

hybrid wrote:If they really want your car they will take it one way or another. At least the tracker lets you find it afterwards.
My mate had all kinds of contraptions on his car and they just put it on a flatbed and drove away.
Knew a bloke who in the early 80's took his HG 350 GT & S to Sandown for the 500, all he had left at the end of the race was a set of black marks to show where it was dragged from it's park and onto a tilt tray nobody took any notice.
Last edited by Pinto-Pete on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
Ronin187
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Ronin187 »

Managed to finally get out to Duggo Ranch and relieve Kerry of his C6, got it home without spilling trans fluid all over the inside of Mrs.Ronins car (huge bonus).

Ran outta time on Sunday to start figuring drive shaft lengths and trans mounts etc, so that'll have to wait till this weekend.

Going to look into a good quality trans cooler - like a small radiator type. Read that one of the keys to trans longevity is adequate cooling.