Non-Mustang related Projects

Moderator: Moderators

66STNG
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Ford AU ECU reprogramming

Post by 66STNG »

Hi,
does anyone have any info on how too or know off, someone.
to reprograme AU ECU.
i want the ECU to be stand alone set up. that is remove the smart lock PATS ect and only have the ECU run the engine and gear box. this would allow me to get rid of most of the wiring i dont need. the drive train is going in my mustang ( project Pheonix).

i hope this makes sense. to have a stand alone system with out all the other stuff would make life easy,

any help would be appreciated.
66 basket case
66STNG
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: Ford AU ECU reprogramming

Post by 66STNG »

scott stang,
only up to the series 1 AU canbe by passed this way, bugger....

The Ford Smartlock Bypass module is a wire-in device which will allow the use of a Ford Smartlock based ECU in vehicles / boats without the need for the associated Ignition barrel wiring and BEM / BCM. For example those who wish to use an EL Smartlock ecu in an EA or EB Falcon without factory smartlock for increased performance or with BBM conversions.

This Smartlock Bypass module is also ideal for those who wish to utilise remote start alarms / immobilisers.

This device is also used to eliminate a faulty factory BEM / BCM which would otherwise cause the ECU not to provide fuel and spark, or the engine not to crank. The module provides the ECU with the required signals to allow the engine to operate, and comes fully epoxy potted for protection against moisture and corrosion and basic installation instructions.

The Smartlock Bypass can be used with Ford EB / ED / EF / EL and AU series 1 Smartlock based ECU's as well as XG and XH Utes, both 6 cylinder and v8 variants, and comes with fitting instructions.
*Note this device will not work on AU II or AUIII ECU's which have SmartShield Immobilisation.
66 basket case
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

This is why I'm looking at using an aftermarket ECU and partly why I opted for a manual donor car.
If you do find something to bypass the Smartshield please share. :like:
66STNG
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 66STNG »

will do...Nassi. i think this may even stump Kerry.. hopefully he makes me eat these words...
66 basket case
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Throw it away and Megasquirt it!
66STNG
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 66STNG »

How would you manage the auto ???, how much is a megga squirt?
66 basket case
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Megasquirt ECU is around $450.
gbx can give you the lowdown, as he's the most recent one from here to purchase.
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/mega ... -p-65.html

You probably need a harness on top of that, which is around US$70 for 8 feet.

Megasquirt mob also do a universal transmission controller called Megashift.
Not sure it's available as an assembled unit yet though - it may only come with a kit.

If I ever ditch the AOD for the AODE, I will control it with a megashift.
donoauto
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by donoauto »

Just talked to my ECU fella in Brisbane. He thinks that ChipTorque in Nerang G.C (0755964204) has the ability to override the immobiliser without the need of using factory BCM or ignition switch/key reader.
If he's wrong, he reckons they know who can - give em a ring & ask.
(PRAYER) Oh thank you Wild Turkey American Honey & Cola in those small thin bottles, for giving me the strength to act like a half wit, and say stupid things at inappropriate times, semi-anonymously, on a public forum.
Amen.
66STNG
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 66STNG »

Thanks,
Will ring them and post the answer..
May have found another mob,just waiting for more info... I won't be beaten by this, if man can make it , man will find a way to bypass it..
66 basket case
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

noblg wrote:Thanks,
Will ring them and post the answer..
May have found another mob,just waiting for more info... I won't be beaten by this, if man can make it , man will find a way to bypass it..
:lol: Well put, but it still leaves the problem of the AU's hybrid OBD system, although I have read on the AU forum that the ELM 327 and certain software will allow you to read and even clear some codes. Apparently its not that expensive and those that have it are happy with it.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

The earlier cars used a separate gearbox controller. So on a friends car I replaced the ECU with a Megasquirt and used the factory independent gearbox controller. All works well together - the factory gearbox controller uses very few inputs so very little of the factory wiring loom has been used. Obviously a few plugs related to the gearbox have been. If I do another one I would look into the Megashift for the gearbox though there would be some work in that to make it all work.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by moe »

noblg wrote:Hi,
does anyone have any info on how too or know off, someone.
to reprograme AU ECU.
i want the ECU to be stand alone set up. that is remove the smart lock PATS ect and only have the ECU run the engine and gear box. this would allow me to get rid of most of the wiring i dont need. the drive train is going in my mustang ( project Pheonix).

i hope this makes sense. to have a stand alone system with out all the other stuff would make life easy,

any help would be appreciated.
Look at the last question here:
http://www.tiperformance.com.au/faq/#toggle-id-14
66STNG
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by 66STNG »

Moe,
No one likes a smart arse. I think that is exactly what I need, it will allow me to run all factory running gear without the smart shield.
I did see their web site today at work but could not access that part of the site. Not sure why, I have sent them an email as they don't have a phone number.
Again,
No one thinks your clever... :like:

Nassi, this looks like it solves the prob. Will sought it out with the details and price when I get a reply from them..
66 basket case
moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by moe »

If you want to look at tunning it, can also look at Quarterhorse.

I have also heard that some have managed to bypass all smartshield/BEM components with a J3 chip. haven't been able to find a workshop that advertises it though.