where to find the engine number on a 97 Mustang

Technical Discussion on Mustangs built from 1979 onward

Moderator: Moderators

MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

where to find the engine number on a 97 Mustang

Post by MustangMedic »

Trying to locate the engine number on a 4.6 litre SN-95. Any suggestions???
Cheers,
Medic
Cheers.
Medic
(Always work smarter not harder!!!)
67 C Code coupe
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: where to find the engine number on a 97 Mustang

Post by ozbilt »

Looks like, from this info, that they no longer stamp them, but is a bar code .....

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/ ... 6l.828494/
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

As the vehicle has been previously registered in Oz, it will have one somewhere, just need to find it. I'm betting it's visible from underneath. Like the 5.0L blocks.
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by MustangMedic »

OK...the story so far...looked on the rocker covers and there is a barcode number, together with a date...but the numbers don't match the last six on the Vin, so we continue the saga. Will try to get under the car 2morrow for a look(well actually a skinny midget with 20/20 eyesight and a bright light is what I am looking at), given the low ground clearance(yeah..got done for that too), but I sorted the loose battery issue. DOTARS said.... WTF regarding the second compliance plate...that saga continues until Monday lunchtime
Cheers,
Medic
Cheers.
Medic
67 C Code coupe
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Keep maintaining your composure Medic! If it was me dealing with those idiots at the ACT rego inspection joint, i'd have been locked up by now. They're f'n idiots. They make up new rules everyday during their morning coffee break. I wonder if other car club members are getting the same bullshit? As soon as they see something a bit different they say 'Well that can't be right! show me prrof that it's ok" Aresoles! I hate em!

Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

There's a bit of the story missing from above.

Person takes 97 mustang that is currently registered in NSW, to the ACT Rego joint for transfer of rego. Inspector informs person that he needs to provide proof of the engineering standard on said vehicle. The vehicle in question was imported new by a company in NSW, modified by them to comply with current ADR's at the time and fitted with a green Australian Vehicle Compliance Plate Stating all this. In any other State or Territory in Australia, that is sufficient but not bloody here. Hence my anger. They are F/wits!

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

I'm not quite getting the vibe of how you feel about all this Nuts... can you please make your feelings a bit clearer? :poke:
MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by MustangMedic »

Fellas,
I reckon the most entertaining aspect of the whole saga is...when I send draft copies of my concerns(to the minister, the opposition member, the director general of the department, Dotars, and that highlights just the F*#KUPs from yesterdays inspection alone, eg, wrong colour, wrong date of manufacture, ride height to low(with me sitting in the car with the comment that there should be consideration for 4 passengers, not one)...so WTF am I fat..., they have no idea how bad its going to get on Monday, when I lodge a complaint with the HRC, in relation to discrimination...stand by....I'm not happy or finished with this issue.
Cheers,
Medic
Cheers.
Medic
67 C Code coupe
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Fire up! :rant:
MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by MustangMedic »

Hybrid,
You have no idea, how far this is going to travel, I cannot believe their chief vehicle examiner can turn around and say...but the approval was cancelled in 2003....why...he didn't know...because they went to the RAWS scheme, and then he says...I'll make enquires and I should do the same and find an engineering certificate for the compliance plate, not after speaking with both Mustangs Australia and the Head of DOTARs tech services...WTF...am I doing this for....
Monday is a big day.
Cheers,
Medic
Cheers.
Medic
67 C Code coupe
ACTstanglover
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by ACTstanglover »

Medic, I don't know what to say, except I have all the names and numbers of all relevant officials upstairs. Let me know if you need some names and numbers to talk to, of the name of the guy from ACT motor car council that helped me a lot.

This seems to happen every week with rego, why do they make it so hard.

When I asked the main guy who signed mine off whether they might bring in a classic car rego scheme in the ACT, or at least change the restrictive one we have now, he laughed and said, not in my lifetime. How can you win when they act like that
MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by MustangMedic »

Andrew, that would be a fella called Peter Hunter, he told me once while his arse pointed to the ground the ACT wouldn't see sedge ways...Bullshit.
Well we'll see on Monday I figure. Happy for you to send me the details...the more info... the better it will get.
Cheers,
Medic
Cheers.
Medic
67 C Code coupe
ACTstanglover
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by ACTstanglover »

I spoke to Peter on the phone, reckoned that me and the guy helping me didn't understand what they were asking me to do to get mine registered, which was crap, they just kept changing their minds.

The guy I spoke to who signed mine off was Ned, out on the floor where the pits are, he played a straight bat, everything by the book.
MustangMedic
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by MustangMedic »

Same bloke, who said to me the approval was cancelled in 2003...and not sure why...he has until Monday lunchtime to get back to me with an explanation, currently not impressed. I will say to his credit he would do the background and get back to me...but he wanted to see the documentation, but it's a notifiable instrument in legislation, he doesn't need the documents...it's Federal law, way back in 1989.
Cheers,
Medic
Cheers.
Medic
67 C Code coupe
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Bloody hell guy's, good luck.