Introductions

For those of us who are lucky enough to have a working Mustang instead of a project!
Tezza0438
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Introductions

Post by Tezza0438 »

Hi Guys,

I just thought that I would take the time to introduce myself. Some of you may recognize me and my story from the other forum, and some of you I met today at Marques In The Park.

I gave always wanted a Mustang, for me a '65 to '69 convertible was the only real criteria.

I never honestly thought I would ever own one, however after my wife took a voluntary redundancy after 27 years, we thought we deserved a little treat...I still can't believe I actually got permission to buy!

Many years ago I had a 1970 ZC Fairlaine that was my pride and joy, I gad the engine rebuilt while I was undertaking recruit training in the RAN, and I did a bare metal respray while posted in Sydney...anyway that car was sold when baby's started arriving...it just wasn't getting the attention it deserved.

Anyway...fast forward to July 2013...I had been keeping my eyes on Carsales for a few months and had added this car to my favorites. I watched the price drop by approx $12,000 over a few months and decided it was time to go and have a look.

I drove from Canberra to a winery near in the Hunter Valley.

I lost all bargaining power when I turned up with a car trailer hitched on the back, but he had dropped his price to his absolute minimum anyway.

The car looked even better in real life and after giving it an inspection I knew that this was the car for me. A case of wine in the boot sealed the deal.

6R08C
Body = 76A
Color = U
Trim = 27
Date = 18A
DSO =72
Axle = 6
Trans= 6

The car has been in Australia since 2010 and came from Classic Motorsport in Sacramento (black / yellow California plates included).

The car was restored in the US, however Classic Motorsport did not perform the resto and therefore I cannot find out exactly what was done and what condition it was in prior to resto. The contact details for the previous US owner are no longer connected.

The only real (obvious) modification is the T5 gearbox from a 1992 5.0 Mustang (according to the tag on the T5). This is great for cruising...at 70 Mph the engine is just purring.

I had a few dramas with Rego inspection here in ACT, nothing too major except the requirement to replace the 4 into 1 full length headers with shorty headers ah the long pipes were hanging too low. A few other minor items that were easy fixed. All good second time around.

Every time I get in the car it puts a smile on my face. I have met some amazingly friendly and helpful people along the way.

Looking forward to seeing you out on the road.

Cheers
1966 Convertible; Tahoe Turquoise; 6R08C
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Introductions

Post by Nuts »

Welcome to the forum Terry. Sweet looking ride! I was at the show this morning but left when the second heavy drizzle set in. I don't do rain and cold!@ I didn't get the oportuninty to say g'day but will do so at the next show. Drive that pony hard buddy!
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
Tezza0438
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by Tezza0438 »

Thanks Nuts,
Yes it was pretty miserable out there today for my 1st outing...most of us left by 12:30.

Slippery roads on the way home made roundabouts interesting ha ha!
1966 Convertible; Tahoe Turquoise; 6R08C
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Welcome ..... :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I have known Classic Motorsports for a long time.

Brian Lee is a great guy (Sacramento Mustang, Classic Motorsports) & usually has some nice cars available. His business partner Tim Shanahan is an old customer of mine & I built quite a few cars for him. Couple of them are now in Australia.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Welcome Tezza, that Turquoise is a striking colour looks fantastic. :like:
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Cheers mate, lovely car and a great choice........ BTW, I'm not biased really. :lol:
ACTstanglover
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by ACTstanglover »

Terry,

Welcome, glad to see you found the site ok. As we discussed today, your car is sweet, colour is nice, well done, great purchase. You and me are recent first time owners and can now enjoy the many car shows ahead while tinkering with our rides.

Andrew
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Welcome to the forum Terry - great looking car!
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

That is a beautiful looking car. Welcome to the forum.
Cruzn65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cruzn65 »

Welcome Terry, another convertible owner :) enjoy the new toy!
early Mustang enthusiast\collector of all bits Mustang
xpconnor
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by xpconnor »

Welcome, and nice choice...
"The Mustang is full of Awesome"
Stallion67
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Stallion67 »

Nice Terry, love the colour!
Cheers, Tony.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

Welcome to MT.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Nice looking car Terry.
By the time we got out of bed it was already raining and the temp was sitting on single figures - read we stayed home.
What side of town are you on?
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Welcome mate.....
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator