My first Mustang - now registered in my name

For those of us who are lucky enough to have a working Mustang instead of a project!
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: My first Mustang

Post by StephenSLR »

ACTstanglover wrote:I am not a fan of the colour (springtime yellow) as it stands, but give it time and I will see how I go.
I say don't paint it until it's time for a respray, then see how you feel about the colour.

They 'usually' hold more value kept in their original colour and the less common colours stand out a little more in my opinion.

s
ACTstanglover
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by ACTstanglover »

Thanks Stephen, and I should have also thanked you for your help too when I was looking, the many emails with information on cars for sale that you sent me, cheers.

I will see how the colour goes, might even look at stripes or a pin stripe, but will see how it goes
ACTstanglover
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by ACTstanglover »

This is probably a better picture of the colour

nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

The stripe is a cheap trial to see how you feel and it does break it up a bit.
Not sure how it will go with the rocker trim though. Anyway, if you grow to hate it, give me a call. :lol:
ACTstanglover
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by ACTstanglover »

nassi wrote:The stripe is a cheap trial to see how you feel and it does break it up a bit.

Not sure how it will go with the rocker trim though. Anyway, if you grow to hate it, give me a call. :lol:
Nassi, is that yours. It looks a lot more yellow than mine, I like the stripe though, subtle but different.
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

Congrats ACTstanglover. When my cous told me he was getting a springtime yellow 66 fastback I wasn't real enthused. Until I saw it coming down the street, it looks great. The colour works well on the body shape, well in my opinion. He bought it through Bosskraft... Sean's service is awesome. Couldn't agree more with your comments on the forum members. See you at cars-n-coffee soon man!
"Hey Steve, I hope we can put this back together" - Ozbilt
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

This was my springtime coupe before the transformation.

nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

ACTstanglover wrote:
nassi wrote:The stripe is a cheap trial to see how you feel and it does break it up a bit.

Nassi, is that yours. It looks a lot more yellow than mine, I like the stripe though, subtle but different.
Yes mate thats mine but as for the colour, I would have seen a dozen different shades of "Springtime Yellow" and another dozen that were considered to be.
It will grow on you and remember, there are just SOOOoooo many red, blue or green ones already.

I really should not say this but a good deal of the cars we get in for total restoration were originally a pale yellow (thats fords, chevs and mopars), all have been repainted at least once to another colour. Some will say thats because it is an awfull colour but I think it reflects changing times and fashions.
Anyway in my experience, these pale yellow cars have been better preserved than many of their brethren. I guess its mature owners..... :rotfl:
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

ACTstanglover wrote:Thanks Stephen, and I should have also thanked you for your help too when I was looking, the many emails with information on cars for sale that you sent me, cheers.
Ah, now I remember, the username didn't click till you mentioned it, cheers and great to see you finally got your fastback and RHD; you must be rapt!
DD289 wrote:See you at cars-n-coffee soon man!
Actually, there were two springtime yellow fastbacks there on Saturday, lol, (both GT tributes) will post up more pics in that thread soon.
nassi wrote:It will grow on you and remember, there are just SOOOoooo many red, blue or green ones already.

I really should not say this but a good deal of the cars we get in for total restoration were originally a pale yellow (thats fords, chevs and mopars), all have been repainted at least once to another colour. Some will say thats because it is an awfull colour but I think it reflects changing times and fashions.
^ Exactly the same as Royal Plum Metallic on Toranas, many ended up Red, Green, etc.

Mine is still reasonably original body wise and many are glad to see I kept it that way. At Toranafest I had a few come have a look at it, some had owned them previously and a father and son who were going through a build of a Royal Plum took a few photos, I guess to envision how theirs would turn out.

My Mustang was originally Tropical Turquoise (a pastel light blue colour) but I'm happy with how it looks now in Silver Blue.

s
Last edited by StephenSLR on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

Both fastbacks at Picton on Saturday were GT tributes, here's another but with added GT350 racing stripes.

http://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/saint ... S3672.html

^ Those stripes are in black, in your first pic yours looks close enough to Wimbledon White so you may even get away with Guardsman Blue stripes.

s
DD289
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by DD289 »

I know at least one of the owners of the two Springtime Yellow 66 fastbacks at CNC last Saturday will argue that his is a genuine GT, but I guess you could take up the conversation with him. :-)
"Hey Steve, I hope we can put this back together" - Ozbilt
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

nassi wrote:
ACTstanglover wrote:

Yes mate thats mine but as for the colour, I would have seen a dozen different shades of "Springtime Yellow" and another dozen that were considered to be.
It will grow on you and remember, there are just SOOOoooo many red, blue or green ones already.

Anyway in my experience, these pale yellow cars have been better preserved than many of their brethren. I guess its mature owners..... :rotfl:
read old c%#ts... :poke:
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

not nice Pete............ :like:
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »