My first Mustang - now registered in my name

For those of us who are lucky enough to have a working Mustang instead of a project!
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: My first Mustang

Post by StephenSLR »

DD289 wrote:I know at least one of the owners of the two Springtime Yellow 66 fastbacks at CNC last Saturday will argue that his is a genuine GT, but I guess you could take up the conversation with him. :-)
I could be wrong, lol.

I recall him having a chat with John about it, John asking him if there were tags under the seat, etc.

s
ACTstanglover
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by ACTstanglover »

The fastback with the red pin striping on the wheels certainly looks good. I will let the colour grow on me. A GT was the goal, but this will do for now. Might just add GT features to it
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

ACTstanglover wrote:The fastback with the red pin striping on the wheels certainly looks good.
Indeed, I've added more photos including the other yellow one, it was recently restored and looks very tidy.

s
ACTstanglover
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by ACTstanglover »

On another note, my car did not come with a scissor jack for if ever I need to change tyres on the side of the road.

What do others use as a scissor jack if they don't have an original one that came with their car?

Was thinking of sourcing an original one, but maybe it is worth just going to the wreckers and getting any one off a wreck.

Also, where and how are they stored in the boot (trunk).
moe
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by moe »

get one from a ford territory; used it the other day on a mustang, and the load capacity of a territory jack is more than enough for a mustang. Similar size too.
chopmgw
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by chopmgw »

ACTstanglover wrote: What do others use as a scissor jack if they don't have an original one that came with their car?
Go and get an AU jack from the wreckers for $15-20 like I did.
I smell oranges !

Michael
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Saw this car earlier today and it presents very well inside and out. Owner is a former Chev (can we write that here) owner but he has seen the light ;-)

Catch up for a coffee later this week.
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
ACTstanglover
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: My first Mustang - Now Registered in my Name

Post by ACTstanglover »

Well, after nearly 7 weeks, i have finally won my battle with our rego officials, and they have agreed to accept the transfer of my mustang into my name. I am now the "official" owner of my car.

If only my battle was that easy.

Bought a RHD mustang with engineering report, car was currently registered, but needed to transfer it into my name. To do that, had to put it over the pits. To my surprise they did not have a copy of the engineering report on file, nor any record they had actually seen it, but somehow the car was registered. They can't explain what happened, except to say they must have made an administrative error when it was first registered.

So, the solution to them was for me to get a brand new engineering report at my expense, even though i could provide them with a copy of the one from 5 years ago which was still current. I said no, we then battled for a month or so, before it got escalated and it was agreed that the engineer provide a new front page of the engineering report to say it was the car what was originally engineered, and that no other mods had been made. I thought it was going to cost me nothing, but $350 later i have a new front page on the report.

Final visit to rego today, and all went through fine, just a bit lighter in the wallet, ok, a lot lighter in the wallet but at least i now own it. I feel sorry for all the other owners who have these battles with authorities, i now know how you feel.
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: My first Mustang - now registered in my name

Post by Nuts »

Been a bit of a journey! Congrats!
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
Muzzieat9
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by Muzzieat9 »

well done, pays to persevere.
We work to pay for our toy's.
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

Hopefully it's all smooth sailing now.

s
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

At least you know it's all good now anyway.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Well done, i know its a pain when you have to pay for someone else's mistake or negligence but at least its over.
Now go out and enjoy your car. :like:
ACTstanglover
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by ACTstanglover »

I intend to, when I am not exploding coils :)

Have a long list of things to do to her now, will start acquiring bits and pieces, first a good set of Kelsey hayes 4 piston brakes for the front to help her pull up well, just have to work out how to fit the booster next to the clutch master cylinder or run with a remote booster.

Thanks for the support guys, without all the comments and help, I wouldn't be where I am
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

ACTstanglover wrote:just have to work out how to fit the booster next to the clutch master cylinder or run with a remote booster.
I have the reverse problem, couldn't fit a clutch master near the massive booster, will be putting in a Mal Wood clutch MC which is attached to the pedal box.

s