1967 fastback

Participate in this forum before you part with your money
Tmac
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

1967 fastback

Post by Tmac »

Hi guys I'm new here and I'm long for my first mustang have done a lot of research I have 2 in mind
http://www.justauto.com.au/justcars/buy ... position=5
What do u guys think also since I don't no what to look out for. Is there someone u can pay to get a per inspection at all ?
Thanks
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: 1967 fastback

Post by mikes68 »

Hi Tmac and welcome to the forum. Good place for advice and assistance. That 67 blue FB looks nice. Noticed it is not registered and in Qld. Not sure on LO2 compliance re mods in Qld so you would need to beware of that if you are located in Qld also.... But really that counts in every state with different rules and regs.

Plenty of guys on here all around the country, even overseas that can usually point you in the direction of someone they know for assistance if they can't do it themselves.

Trawl this site and enjoy the banter but most importantly listen to the advice given as you live and enjoy your Mustang journey.
Last edited by mikes68 on Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
Tmac
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by Tmac »

Nah mate I'm in NSW . Thanks for that I will have to find that out
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Hey Tmac. welcome to the forum. Lot's of advice here, good and bad. We're full of it!
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
Tmac
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by Tmac »

Lol thanks mate
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

Tmac wrote:Hi guys I'm new here and I'm long for my first mustang have done a lot of research I have 2 in mind
What do u guys think also since I don't no what to look out for. Is there someone u can pay to get a per inspection at all ?
Thanks
That car seems very cheap for all that's been done to it. Check if you need to get an engineers certificate for the mods.

Inspection - you can try VIP inspections. Not necessarily Mustang specific though. If you want a Mustang guy to look at it, contact your local Mustang Owners Club, there's bound to be someone who can do it for you.

http://www.vipinspections.com/about.html

Good luck in the hunt.
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

Tmac wrote:Hi guys I'm new here and I'm long for my first mustang have done a lot of research I have 2 in mind
Thanks
That car seems very cheap for all that's been done to it. Check if you need to get an engineers certificate for the mods.

Inspection - you can try VIP inspections. Not necessarily Mustang specific though. If you want a Mustang guy to look at it, contact your local Mustang Owners Club, there's bound to be someone who can do it for you.

http://www.vipinspections.com/about.html

Good luck in the hunt.
Rick.

Tmac
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by Tmac »

I will have to get in touch with the seller to see if has been registered on the road with the mods
soc123_au
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by soc123_au »

Where in NSW are you?

The car you listed sounds too good to be true. Freshly imported US restored cars are usually piles of crap. I would be getting a very thorough inspection on it if you are considering it. Then if you dont have an automotive background, get someone who has to read the report.

We have a car at the moment that was inspected by a pro in QLD. When the car arrived there were a few things that were a bit strange. I knew the owner had a pre purchase inspection done so I got him to email me the report. When I read the report the issues were all listed, but if you were not fluent in car speak the items mentioned didnt sound as serious as they potentially could be.
Tmac
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by Tmac »

North west . Dam it looks like a great car to start with . But yer it is sounding to good . He must not be able to register it . That's why the is selling it
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Metuchen car, usually found on the east coast or mid west, snow country.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

Do my eyes deceive me or is there no power booster for the power brakes?
Rick.

rockerfella
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by rockerfella »

soc123_au wrote:Where in NSW are you?

The car you listed sounds too good to be true. Freshly imported US restored cars are usually piles of crap. I would be getting a very thorough inspection on it if you are considering it. Then if you dont have an automotive background, get someone who has to read the report.

We have a car at the moment that was inspected by a pro in QLD. When the car arrived there were a few things that were a bit strange. I knew the owner had a pre purchase inspection done so I got him to email me the report. When I read the report the issues were all listed, but if you were not fluent in car speak the items mentioned didnt sound as serious as they potentially could be.
And that person was me. Welcome to the forum, and as soc123 has pointed out, make sure you're very clear on details of the car and make sure if someone inspects it for you, he explains it in terms you understand, and don't be afraid to ask several questions. Ideally, get someone from the forum or a friend with know-how to have a look if there's anything you're unsure about.

As to that car specifically, I've seen the ad before and I think it's a bit of a scam. The guy has taken them down, but there used to be exterior photos where the exhaust tips were blue, clearly from the guy photoshopping the paint to look better. Also the old interior photo that was uploaded was a perfect condition full deluxe interior, and clearly taken from another car, as the exterior was a different colour. I'd be very wary about it. Be patient though, cos a lot of nice cars come up at good prices.
rockerfella
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by rockerfella »

Also, you can see drip marks coming from the vents in the interior rear photo, which as I learned previously, can let water into the car.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

ponyride wrote:Do my eyes deceive me or is there no power booster for the power brakes?
Different master cylinder as well, looks like from a 4 wheel disc brake type car.

Wet engine bay, just been washed, but note open air cleaner & open hole in oil cap.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet