Projext X 1967 Fastback

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

rkmiller73
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: Projext X 1967 Fastback

Post by rkmiller73 »

BTW: It took my wife 5 minutes to notice my old college Budweiser girl poster on the wall in the photo above the wood working bench and over 6 months to notice the two post lift. :shrug:
Nuts
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Nuts »

Wow that's bigger than most car repair shops!! Jealous!!!
My Motto - Don't get Caught! If you do, Blame Someone Else!

MUSTANG - Fantastic Not Plastic
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Wow that is beautiful!

You could always put some of those garage floor tiles down under the hoist. You can just replace them when they get too busted up.
Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

Wow, that looks great.

Make me wish I'd bought somewhere with usable land instead of one with gum trees and a pool.
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

rkmiller73 wrote:Pete,

Sometimes you guys have some jargon that I don't quite catch on to. You will.... ?
No offense! None taken....
Thought you might have been joking around. Now your on to it.....
Last edited by Pinto-Pete on Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Dwayne wrote:Wow, that looks great.

Make me wish I'd bought somewhere with usable land instead of one with gum trees and a pool.
At least you can whistle skip whilst taking a dip....

Shop envy,..... a real and debilitating disease much like man flu and this site looks to have had a major outbreak .....
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

Pinto-Pete wrote: At least you can whistle skip whilst taking a dip....
The leafy eastern suburbs ... where every road has bloody big trees in the middle of them.

Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Pinto-Pete »

Much like the Dandenongs....
I'm Batman...

Crane Operator
Mammoet Australia
Rye Park Wind Farm
Borgche
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by Borgche »

RK That is one sweet looking car. In the beginning of your thread I thought you were nuts going with a reddy brown colour but that really pops. That shed's another level altogether. Better than most of the houses I've lived in....respect
1965 Fastback A code

I am Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

That is all VERY impressive, am I jealous..... you bloody betcha.
Great to see, thanks for sharing.
Ausjacko
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Ausjacko »

Are you kidding me! You have three doors, two hoists, a mezzanine level, no oil stains or burn marks anywhere and no chinese containers. Next you will be telling us your missus was a Penthouse Pet three years in a row!

Now that I have that out the way, what is that poster she saw?

Car looks great BTW AND, big blocks don't need to rev; they get nasty through capacity not RMP.
'68 J-code GT Fastback
'67 S-code GT coupe, 'Pink Bitz' formerly known as 'Hookin' up a brother'
'69 M_____ GTS Fastback 'Blasted'
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Ausjacko wrote:Are you kidding me! You have three doors, two hoists, a mezzanine level, no oil stains or burn marks anywhere and no chinese containers. Next you will be telling us your missus was a Penthouse Pet three years in a row!

Now that I have that out the way, what is that poster she saw?

Car looks great BTW AND, big blocks don't need to rev; they get nasty through capacity not RMP.
Umm, a bit like yourself Jacko???
rkmiller73
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by rkmiller73 »

Thanks! I lucked out in that the shed and house were just built and then the older couple decided they needed to downsize. The shed was bare studs inside and was a lot of work to get it finished out. I just don't want you guys to think I am bragging or anything.

I am starting to slow down though and can't get as much done as I used to without some anti-inflammatories - work and the kids have also affected productivity. I usually keep moving, but lately have started to watch some TV and veg out a bit. Also started drinking coffee too!

The poster- I have a link here to one on ebay for reference: ebay poster budweiser

I drove the car a little last night and it is shifting better each time I drive it (4th time so far). I think the kevalar/organic clutch is probably breaking in a bit?
I rechecked my stuff and I have a 3.55 rear not 3.25 so I need to go up a speedo gear tooth I think. Going to have the wife pace me in her car this weekend.

The car definitely gets right up to speed quickly without all the revving like a 289/302. I haven't really stomped on it yet, waiting a while to break everything in.

The Burgundy color was not a popular in the late 60's from what research I have done, but I really like it and I have only seen one other car that color in the flesh.
Last edited by rkmiller73 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dwayne
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Dwayne »

Instead of your wife pacing you, just put a free GPS speedo app on your cell phone. It will be far more accurate.

I've got an android phone and use Car Dashdroid.
rkmiller73
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by rkmiller73 »

Dwayne,

I got a better phone app and at speedo reading 80, the phone said I was going 71, at speedo reading 70 phone said I was going 62-63

I got a 20 and 21 tooth gear, put in the 21 tooth gear. Right now I am waiting to get the LED emergency flasher in the mail to get the cluster back in and then will test drive it.

Had some interior lighting issues too and finally got that sorted - I think.