Non-Mustang related Projects

Moderator: Moderators

Pinto-Pete
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Caddy Wacked

Post by Pinto-Pete »

nassi wrote:
scott66stang wrote:I fitted rear seat belts on the weekend (put up pics later) and on Sunday evening went for a small cruise with the family around the local area.

And today after doing the above work i picked up the kids from school for the first time in the Caddy after them begging me to do so.
Just love the looks ya get, and the young kids at the drive through pickup area yelling "thats an awesome car" as my kids proudly get on board. :mrgreen:
Great to hear you actually enjoying a car for a change. :like:
+1 scooter,.. bet the kids are rapt no more hoist drives in the mustang with you making engine noises...... :lol:
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

nassi wrote:
scott66stang wrote:I fitted rear seat belts on the weekend (put up pics later) and on Sunday evening went for a small cruise with the family around the local area.

And today after doing the above work i picked up the kids from school for the first time in the Caddy after them begging me to do so.
Just love the looks ya get, and the young kids at the drive through pickup area yelling "thats an awesome car" as my kids proudly get on board. :mrgreen:
I enjoy them either way mate, working on them proberly more than driving.

Not too sure about this LHD shit though being a wide car im not sure how far away i am from the centre line of the road so i stay hard left, got straight back into the RHD daily driver and kept heading for the kerb. :lol:
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Pinto-Pete wrote:
nassi wrote:

+1 scooter,.. bet the kids are rapt no more hoist drives in the mustang with you making engine noises...... :lol:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

nassi wrote:

+1 - well deserved Scott...
Fifty Years Afloat

We can't alter the direction of the wind,
But we can adjust our sails
Foresight
Zebras for hire
Zebras for hire

Post by Foresight »

I love this car, well done Scott :thumbs:
Cheers,
Lee & Q
69 428 mach 1 - Guess who...it's Q!
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Wow! been 3 months since i got rego and did the last bit of work on the Caddy, havent really had time in the shed over that time other than fixing my daughters cars.

Been trying to find time to fit new lifters i got from the US about 2 months ago, also got a complete engine gasket and seal kit just in case i need them later as it wasnt much more than the few gaskets i needed to fit the lifters.

At cold start there was at least 1 very noisy tappet and i needed to warm up the motor, switch it off for a few minutes then restart to go for a cruise. Oil pressure was good so my guess was a lazy hydraulic lifter or worn rocker gear. Previously tried engine flush and thicker oil with no change.

So anyway, school holidays the bigger kids away at nannas so i got a planned day in the shed. Yippee!!! :fap:

Pulling it down found it was fairly clean inside and just needed a little wipe to get the sediment out.

On removing the lifters i found 2 different types... and then the new replacements different again ????
The new one on the right apart from the side oil gallery being bigger, are also taller but deeper where the pushrods fit in... so good enough for me, no turning back now.

Pulled apart the rocker gear, and found a bit of wear but also a few oil galleries blocked so spent a fair bit of time prodding and kero bathing the shafts on left and right banks to remove as much grit as i could from inside.
Unfortunately i couldnt remove the caps on each side of the shafts without damaging them to get a really good clean.
New rockers and shafts are not to expensive from the US so i think i will get some ordered.

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

So while i got it all apart its a good time to clean up the motors appearance.
This is what it looks like before.

Did the usual sand blasting with the new cabinet i got this time last year for my birthday. Love it!! saves so much time.

valley cover

Rocker covers

And a new coat of paint, trying something different.

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

All back together at the end of the day, got the motor running, lifters settled and alot quieter, will have to wait till the morning to hear if all is good. :bowdown:

Engine bay looks a bit cleaner now, i have a original batwing oil bath aircleaner coming from the US in one of Kens containers to replace the ford one on atm.
I will paint that up to match when i gets here, also the oil filter/catch can up near the radiator......should look Choice!

mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

That colour combo looks good there Scott!

When are you gonna bring her up north for a run? She would surely love the freeway run all the way!
Fifty Years Afloat

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Im trying to get a weekend free to take it up to Pete's workshop so i can get the twin system fitted.
That should be a nice test run up the freeway, ill get further up your way one day, maybe a family cruise to Yanchep.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Looks good!
A new manifold and carby would go alright too :poke:
mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

scott66stang wrote:Im trying to get a weekend free to take it up to Pete's workshop so i can get the twin system fitted.
That should be a nice test run up the freeway, ill get further up your way one day, maybe a family cruise to Yanchep.
Let me know when you head to Pete's... I can probably come for a drive down.
Fifty Years Afloat

scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

hybrid wrote:Looks good!
A new manifold and carby would go alright too :poke:
What! and loose my great fuel economy :lol: :lol: :lol:
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

Picked up the new number plates today, much better me thinks. :D

mikes68
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by mikes68 »

It just looks soooo kool Scott... Love it!
Fifty Years Afloat