GPS CAR TRACKING SYSTEMS

Need help on paint, paint prep, welding, engines etc?

Moderator: Moderators

S[_]SPECT
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Re: GPS CAR TRACKING SYSTEMS

Post by S[_]SPECT »

hybrid wrote:There's a possibility it's faulty.
Do you get a low batt notification?

I had mine hooked up for many weeks with no issue. How long is it taking to flatten the battery?

Have you set it to go to sleep?

I turned the low batt notification off when I put the car in storage..
It takes a couple of days to go flat.. having said that, its not entirely flat, I have a ctek indicator on the battery.. its showing red after a couple of days.

I did have it set to sleep, but set it to the middle setting when I brought the car home.
Might put it back in full sleep mode.. see if it helps.

At the moment, its pulling 75-80 milliamps
Cheers,
Birchy...
Dodgy Bros. Customs

Suspect 67 - http://www.mustangtech.com.au/Forums/vi ... /t=52.html
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Yeah that seems like a lot of current for sleep mode.

I will check mine for you when the car comes home. I don't have an indicator on mine - I just knew it wasn't flat because I could start the car.

It's a trade off I guess. If you want to know if the car has moved while the ignition is off, and the car movement isn't enough to set off the tow sensor, then you need to be powering the GPS circuit.
derwin66
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by derwin66 »

I always leave my car on trickle charger and its always good to go. However it was in the shop the other day for 7 days and the battery was just about flat
65 T Code coupe\r\nBlown 302\r\nHeidts four link\r\nRRS Rack and Pinion\r\nC4 Gear vendors overdrive
1960 F100
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Do you have one of these trackers in it too Derwin?
If so, make sure the sleep mode is enabled.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

[quote="S[_]SPECT
At the moment, its pulling 75-80 milliamps[/quote]

That seems to be about normal looking at this page:
http://www.meitrack.net/mvt340/
meitrack website wrote: 85mA standby current
derwin66
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by derwin66 »

Hybrid I have it in my 65 but as it is in trickle charge I have never thought about setting it in sleep mode. Still haven't got around to putting an efence up yet to advise me when it leaves home, must get around to that one day
65 T Code coupe\r\nBlown 302\r\nHeidts four link\r\nRRS Rack and Pinion\r\nC4 Gear vendors overdrive
1960 F100
derwin66
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by derwin66 »

Just got me thinking about my system and decided to check the car system whilst it was parked away from home and when I checked it my google maps showed the car was still at home. I think when I was having the trunk upholstered it might have changed some settings. Have to read the manual I think
1960 F100
OzStang390
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by OzStang390 »

I don't suppose anyone has a spare one they want to sell?

Cheers,
Glenn
My project is a 1-of-1 1967 Mustang Hardtop, Beige Mist Paint, Black Trim, 390-4V Engine, C-6 Select-Shift Cruise-O-Matic, 3:1 9" Diff, Power Disc Brakes, Power Steering, 7.35X14-4 Ply Rated Tires, White Rayon Sidewall Tires, Exterior Decor Group, Interior Decor Group, Tinted Glass, Selectaire - Air Conditioner, Black Décor Bucket Seats, Centre Console, Roof Console, AM Radio, Hinged Gas Cap and a warped nut that holds the steering wheel!!
My wife's project is: ME!!
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

I have two spares, but I think gbx and cage have claimed them.
You can get them from ebay direct from China for $125, which is not bad.
I think they ended up about $120 when I did the group buy anyway by the time shipping etc was added.

The model we are using is the MVT340
The MVT380 has some extra functions also.
derwin66
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by derwin66 »

Hey Hybrid can I rack your brain for a little trouble shooting on this. My car is away from home as I mentioned and I checked its whereabout on the tracker system and it keep sending me a message back saying it is sitting in my garage.

I then set the electric fence around my house using my mobile phone and sms and it sent me a message back saying it was set. It then set me a alarm message back saying it was outside of the coordinates. Fair enough.

I then checked the tracker again and it still says its in my garage which is inside the e fence. Any ideas. I am thinking I might just have to go to the shop and switch it off and on again, I can't find any trouble shooting pages in the manual to hlep me out. The SIM has heaps of credit on it.
1960 F100
OzStang390
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by OzStang390 »

hybrid wrote:I have two spares, but I think gbx and cage have claimed them.
You can get them from ebay direct from China for $125, which is not bad.
I think they ended up about $120 when I did the group buy anyway by the time shipping etc was added.

The model we are using is the MVT340
The MVT380 has some extra functions also.
No wuckers hybrid, I'll check out eBay, thanks for letting me know mate :thumbs:

Cheers,
Glenn
My project is a 1-of-1 1967 Mustang Hardtop, Beige Mist Paint, Black Trim, 390-4V Engine, C-6 Select-Shift Cruise-O-Matic, 3:1 9" Diff, Power Disc Brakes, Power Steering, 7.35X14-4 Ply Rated Tires, White Rayon Sidewall Tires, Exterior Decor Group, Interior Decor Group, Tinted Glass, Selectaire - Air Conditioner, Black Décor Bucket Seats, Centre Console, Roof Console, AM Radio, Hinged Gas Cap and a warped nut that holds the steering wheel!!
My wife's project is: ME!!
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Oo yeah thanks for the reminder! I need to give you some cash for it
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Derwin: what message are you sending to the tracker to find it's location? A01?

I don't use SMS for tracking... mine sends it's location to my tracking website, so haven't used SMS much.

I just sent A01 to mine and it's showing it at Steves workshop, so that seems to be the correct command. Have you got it sending you a text when it has a GPS fix and when it hasn't? It's possible it can't get a GPS signal where it is.

Mine seems to be able to get it even inside Steves workshop.

Your GPS antenna shouldn't have any steel above it.
derwin66
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by derwin66 »

Hybrid I used to be able to call the tracker and it would send me a text link to where it was. Now I can't. I didn't know about the command A01. Just tried it and it sent me the correct location. Thanks

It all appears to be fine now thanks.
1960 F100
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

What kind of phone have you got Derwin?

I have an Android, and installed an app called SMS Templates.

It allows you to create a set of SMS templates ready to be sent, so you don't have to remember the commands.

Something similar is probably available for those other crappy apple phones.

Good to hear it's working.
Just had a look at the user guide, and you definitely should be able to call for it's current location. Strange that it doesn't work that way, but it reports properly using A01.
Sending the text should be cheaper than calling anyway I guess.