GT350 tribute

For those of us who are lucky enough to have a working Mustang instead of a project!
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: GT350 tribute

Post by nassi »

Nice looking job.
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

I was concerned with the way the previous owner had mounted the rear outer anchor points by weaving the belt under that metal strip.

I'm thinking in an accident it would tug upward against that strip of metal and it just didn't sit right with me, you could also get the belt chaffing against it when in use.

In later models the rear outer anchor points are on the rear vertical section of floor so Geoff kindly relocated them.

It also looks more 'factory' with the belts exiting from rear corner rather than side.

Just in case anyone else is interested, Geoff's business is All Vehicle Restraints, he's RTA approved and will provide certification for his work.

His number is: 0417 473 492

s
Last edited by StephenSLR on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
scott66stang
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by scott66stang »

I noticed that rear belt earlier and thought you just did that to keep it out the way, ill have to see where mine were located, i cant even remember if i had any in the back when i got it. Good job nice and neat
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

scott66stang wrote:I noticed that rear belt earlier and thought you just did that to keep it out the way, ill have to see where mine were located, i cant even remember if i had any in the back when i got it. Good job nice and neat
The 65's didn't have rear belts and I think the 66's had them as an option only.

The engineer said I could get it registered without belts but I wasn't really happy with that as I may have passengers so I thought I'd at least put in some lap belts.

s
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

Moving seats back - 1965 1966 Mustang Fastback

I sent Geoff the instructions from another thread in this forum to set the front seats back 50mm, he did a good job with it.

Driving the car back with lap-sash belts and the extra legroom it felt so much more comfortable, it was like driving a different car.

I'm really happy with his work.

s
Last edited by StephenSLR on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
GRIFF
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by GRIFF »

winner steve, it makes a big difference eh.
everytime i jump in now, well work my way in that is, i immediately notice the bit of extra legroom and arms are a bit straighter onto the steering wheel.
a minor victory for tall guys.
Here's one for you Hendrix fans, "Little Wing" by one of my bands MATT ROBERTS TRIO live at The Boatshed in Sydney.
We always try and give this song the respect it deserves and Matt rips up the solo's. enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGpGaUPWJLY
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

Here's some interior pics I found from an ad for the car.

These would've been taken not long after it was painted.

s
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

StephenSLR wrote:Here's some interior pics I found from an ad for the car.

These would've been taken not long after it was painted.

s
If you have not changed them yet, come visit me & I will give you the screws for the striker plates. The ones in this pic look really crook.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

ozbilt wrote:If you have not changed them yet, come visit me & I will give you the screws for the striker plates. The ones in this pic look really crook.
Thanks Kerry.

Yep, they're still the same.

Will have to catch up some time, it'd be good to get some of your opinions. There's definitely a few more things on this car that could be 'improved'.

s
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

StephenSLR wrote:
ozbilt wrote:If you have not changed them yet, come visit me & I will give you the screws for the striker plates. The ones in this pic look really crook.
Thanks Kerry.

Yep, they're still the same.

Will have to catch up some time, it'd be good to get some of your opinions. There's definitely a few more things on this car that could be 'improved'.

s
You have until October 11th to come visit, after that it will be late November until I return to Australia. Other than some trips to StMarys Prestige Body Repairs, I will be home most of the time ..... :lol:
Kerry

StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

ozbilt wrote:You have until October 11th to come visit, after that it will be late November until I return to Australia. Other than some trips to StMarys Prestige Body Repairs, I will be home most of the time ..... :lol:
I'm in no great hurry right now, I just spent a packet on it for belts, etc.

When I resuscitate the wallet I'll also have to make a trip to SMP.

s
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

StephenSLR wrote:
ozbilt wrote:You have until October 11th to come visit, after that it will be late November until I return to Australia. Other than some trips to StMarys Prestige Body Repairs, I will be home most of the time ..... :lol:
I'm in no great hurry right now, I just spent a packet on it for belts, etc.

When I resuscitate the wallet I'll also have to make a trip to SMP.

s
Come out for a run if the car has rego & if you give me some notice we can have a few others here for a gathering.

Striker screws are no cost. Lunch is extra ..... :lol:
Kerry

StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

I found a video of my car as a GT tribute, before it had the racing stripes, amber fog lights, C67 wheels and GT350 badges.

This was in Houston, Texas and would've been shot before the last owner from Colorado bought it.

Click the pic. above, turn the volume right up and enjoy, lol.

Video was shot in Houston Texas.

s
Last edited by StephenSLR on Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

Took my car to Sureflo Exhausts.

Old exhausts:

New system in progress:

^ Merge collector.

Will add more when I get them.

s
Last edited by StephenSLR on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
StephenSLR
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by StephenSLR »

Some more pics.

Greg took some pics of the car too.

For those that have facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sureflo- ... 79?fref=ts

s
Last edited by StephenSLR on Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.