worries - imported vehicle

Participate in this forum before you part with your money
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Re: worries - imported vehicle

Post by ponyride »

mustang-sally wrote:First up thanks everyone for the help.

Thanks for clarifying the adr stuff. Where can i find out more about what adr's a 1970 car must comply with? Does anyone have links?

Also if you get a "adr compliance inspection report" signed off by an engineer does anyone know how long this last for?

To summerise to get car on road you would need:
import paper approval -> "adr compliance insp report" signed off -> restore n fix car as per necessary -> take over pit n pass insp -> done

Am i missing anything? (now its a matter of actually getting my paperwork - which is proving rather difficult)
Yes, that pretty much sums it up. There is a list of engineers available, they can help you with what's needed. If you want someone reliable who knows what is required and can get the car ready for licensing, call Frank's Classic Garage on 9498 2790. Highly recommended.

As for the seller, I think I've seen the ad on Gumtree referring to your car. Is the seller in or around Cockburn ? ad reads "1970 Mach 1 mustang fastback
comes with ADR & Import approval" If he's not doing what he promised, name and shame, it might prevent someone else from making a mistake.

You can't get the car licensed without the import approval and you'll also need to prove that you have bought it here and the cost to you, so you will need documents from the seller. If no luck with the import approval from him then try Nuts' suggestion.

Good luck, I hope you have some success, it shouldn't be this hard.
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Good point Rick, they wouldnt license my 67 because the receipt didnt have enuogh info. The receipt must show seller's and buyer's name, description of the car including VIN if possible price and purchase date.
I had to get Ken to draw up another one and email them a copy.
cheers
Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

If you are in QLD you will need LO2 complaince, but most other states you don't. ADRs do not apply to these cars they are too old, seat belts propably apply to a 70 though.