HELP IMPORTING FROM SOUTH HEDLAND (N OF PERTH)

Information on importing your car or parts

Moderator: Moderators

hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: HELP IMPORTING FROM SOUTH HEDLAND (N OF PERTH)

Post by hybrid »

Is this a show car? Why can't it go in a covered car trailer?
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

hybrid wrote:Is this a show car? Why can't it go in a covered car trailer?
:rotfl: show car? ......no where near it hybrid!
It's an unfinished unSTARTED project car.
It's a heap of crap, but I picked it up for a bargain with brand new parts in boxes.
No motor or gearbox or handbrake, front wheels need to be steered by hand individually. gives you a better idea?
If you have another idea of getting transported I'd love to hear it.
chopmgw
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by chopmgw »

For 10K , I would get a trailer and pick it up myself.
I smell oranges !

Michael
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

Looked into that as well Michael, flights alone are about $1200 as no direct flights to S.Hedland, need to fly to Perth first then a connecting flight.
Then you're looking at probably a 5-6 day trip back to Sydney?

I'm happy to pay a couple of grand to have it delivered, but 10k is just ridiculous.

So far, best price I've had is $6700, that's from YOUPACK, they'll drop a 20ft container, give you 12 days to pack, then come back pick it up and transport it to Sydney address, give you 12 days to unpack and then come take the container away.
Not that I need 12 days to either pack or unpack, but seems like a reasonable service?
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Hmmm. So there's no covered trailers with winches?

For $5k, I reckon you'd get some bloke in a tilt tray to drive over and pick it up for you :lol:
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

hybrid wrote:Hmmm. So there's no covered trailers with winches?

For $5k, I reckon you'd get some bloke in a tilt tray to drive over and pick it up for you :lol:
If you know someone, please let me know!
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Have you spoken to ceva?
Do you transport non-running vehicles?

Yes, we can transport non running vehicles. Please call our National Customer Service Centre on 13 CARS or 13 2277 to discuss further.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

The $6.7K is a great price for Australia.

The one thing everyone has to remember is we have no population for the size of our country. Everything is remote with no real transport links between places.

Stuffed if I would do it for anywhere near that figure. Fuel alone would be a killer. It is at least 5000 Klms probably closer to 6000. So assuming you have a car & trailer (need to double that to 12000 as you need to get there) & the tow vehicle gets 16 litres per 100klm (around 15MPG) that is 1920 liters of fuel used at say an average cost of $1.50 liter...

$2880 spent in fuel without adding the cost of hotel & meals.

Also remember that when getting a car from the US (from the west coast ), it is sharing a container with 2 others, so the actual cost of the container (port to port) is closer to $10K & then the Australian port charges applied to that cost along with transport to your garage.

It is part of doing business in Australia. That is why I find it amazing that people bitch about the cost of buying imported cars & parts that are here already. Everyone is entitled to make a normal profit (usually what the market will accept). They have already outlay-ed the cost of bringing the stuff here.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Don't need hotels and meals Kerry... a bag of speed is much cheaper :wink:
gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

I actually agree with Kerry on this. It is a very remote area. It's about a 1000kms away from Perth?...not sure.
But been quoted $8000 for a truck to come up specifically to pick up a filled container to take back to Perth..that didn't include the container, that was just to go up there, pick up and drive back down.
And if they were already up there for another job and coming back down empty, they'd do it for $1000.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

So add $8K to the price of the car & I would have assumed you would get a decent runner on the east coast? If not the USA & then only have to add another $5K to have a decent running car in your hands?
Kerry

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Quick question, what did you pay for this beast? No need to put it here, but I ask the question, as it seems (after reading your posts again) that it will be a lot more than $10K to get it to Sydney, is it worth it?

If the car (for example) was $10K, then with the shipping it would be closer to $22K (I would assume).

If this is going to be another Eleanor, & the car also needs work & parts, then another $80 - $100K added is not out of the question.

You need good bones at the right price to start with. A running decent driver car would have been my call. Add a kit ($15K & paint ($20K), probably would have owed you around the $60K mark done.
Kerry

gotohellgadafi
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by gotohellgadafi »

Yes, it is a project car.
I paid $30 grand for my last so called runner which you know what I had to end up paying to get it to where it is today.
For this one I didn't pay anywhere near the above price, and it came with new RRS gear plus a complete eleanor kit to go with it. Only time will tell how bad the body is, I'm thinking worst case scenario here and hoping for something better when it arrives. I've had Steve eye ball the photos and inform me that it does need a lot of work, but for the price its a song.

Anyway, I seem to have org something that will cost about 3k to bring it here, and org extra insurance for transit.

I'll let you know how it all pans out.

Thanks for all the advise and help.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

RRS... :argh: So it will need an engineers report when finished as well?
Kerry

Shaunp
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by Shaunp »

ozbilt wrote:RRS... :argh: So it will need an engineers report when finished as well?
Not if you sell the RRS gear to pay for the freight :like: