Import Approval 'GRANTED'.

Information on importing your car or parts

Moderator: Moderators

GMG
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Import Approval 'GRANTED'.

Post by GMG »

So having one of those run around the office celebrating moments when you get exceedingly good news. Import approval for my new ride was granted and now its time to make sure she gets packed up sent over.

Now onto my questions for the noble experts of the forum, I am looking at purchasing a number of items in the States and having them sent with the car to save shipping costs and while the A$ is still above parity its a good saving on purchase. I have a list of items I am looking at and would like any feedback on what over things I should consider.

1. Disc Brakes kit
2. Vintage Air Con
3. Power steering kit
4. Hump hugger centre console
5. Seats (was looking at Flo Fit, Procar and Corbeau)
6. Suspension parts

The car itself is rust free, had a new paint job earlier this year and drives well. I have driven the car and had it mechanically inspected so not worried about the condition its in.

Back to the happy dance! :joy:

Regards

GMG
My Ride is White Noise
Hawko
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: Import Approval 'GRANTED'.

Post by Hawko »

Not sure on the condition of your car but maybe get front suspension kit.

http://stores.kentuckymustang.com/-strs ... Detail.bok

With the disc brake kit I went with a kelsey hayes caliper as the engineer told me that since they were a option for that year I don't have to get them engineered. I am though as I am getting other things done.
GMG
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by GMG »

Thanks Hawko! I have some suspension upgrades planned locally with the Kelsey Hayes gear. :)

Regards

GMG
My Ride is White Noise
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

Congratulations on the new ride and welcome. All the upgrades look like a great idea, it's hard to comment on because they are personal choice but I'd say go for it. Anything that makes these old girls safer and more comfortable is worth doing IMO.
:thumbs:
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.