import approval

Information on importing your car or parts

Moderator: Moderators

68pony
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

import approval

Post by 68pony »

So has anyone recently applied for a import approval and how long did it take?, i just bought another car and not going to risk shipping before i get the approval.
cheers chris.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: import approval

Post by ozbilt »

Took a month to get Ron's Fairlane done.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
65sting
Baby Mustang
Baby Mustang

Post by 65sting »

Mine took exactly 4 weeks!
tceddia
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by tceddia »

Took exactly 15 days from the day I sent it to me receiving it in the mail. The lady I spoke to said that's about the quickest time.
66 c-code mustang coupe
289ci engine
68pony
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by 68pony »

Thanks guys.
lucy066
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by lucy066 »

Hi 68 pony just make sure that you send them all information, as they will knock it back for the simplest reason, u then have to go through the whole process again.
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

lucy066 wrote: u then have to go through the whole process again.
Thats sort of correct. If they contact you by email asking for additional information, it will take an extra few days for them to process the application on top of their quoted 17 days once you have sent through the information required

I allways make sure they recieve a scanned copy of my drivers lic. signed by a jp as an original copy, the title, a picture of the car and the application (filled out correctly). In the email I write that the vehicle is not modified as thats the question they will allways ask. I will send a bill of sale if I have allready purchased the car but is not something you have to do as part of the application. If you have not bought it yet, express that in your email

Normal processing time at the moment is pretty well near their quoted 15-17 days

Sheri
68pony
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by 68pony »

I sent them a copy of the bill of sale , title , photos of the car , but dam i didn't get a jp to sighn my copy of the drivers licence bugger i now remember doing that on the last car i brought in Arrrrrr , there was no where on the forms i could see where it asked if it was modified, i did look, ah well they can always email me and i can send them another copy of my drivers licence with the jp autograph, one thing that has allready happened, i sent the application on monday and they banked the cheque on wednesday
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

68pony wrote:I sent them a copy of the bill of sale , title , photos of the car , but dam i didn't get a jp to sighn my copy of the drivers licence bugger i now remember doing that on the last car i brought in Arrrrrr , there was no where on the forms i could see where it asked if it was modified, i did look, ah well they can always email me and i can send them another copy of my drivers licence with the jp autograph, one thing that has allready happened, i sent the application on monday and they banked the cheque on wednesday
I was told just today by a shipping agent that apparently the routine now is the dep't. will email you asking for confirmation on mods and the running gear of the car in each case, not just obvious ones.
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
unilec5544
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by unilec5544 »

68pony wrote:I sent them a copy of the bill of sale , title , photos of the car , but dam i didn't get a jp to sighn my copy of the drivers licence bugger i now remember doing that on the last car i brought in Arrrrrr , there was no where on the forms i could see where it asked if it was modified, i did look, ah well they can always email me and i can send them another copy of my drivers licence with the jp autograph, one thing that has allready happened, i sent the application on monday and they banked the cheque on wednesday
I don't remember getting a jp to sign my license copy at the end of last year, unless things have changed?
Bumblebee
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by Bumblebee »

So mr pony, fess up big fella, what's cookin?

Cheers Bee

Image Image ImageImageImageImage
ponyride
Mustang Maniac
Mustang Maniac

Post by ponyride »

Damn! I knew that was a risky post. Just polite conversation Les. :angel:
Rick.

Old things amuse all minds.
68pony
Junior Mustang
Junior Mustang

Post by 68pony »

Bumblebee wrote:So mr pony, fess up big fella, what's cookin?

Hey whats with the big fella,lol last time i looked i shrunk quite a bit lol
We bought another oldsmobile a 1953 98 this time , bit of a gangster ride this one Low and slow, ill let you know more next time i see ya but here are some pics,the 1953 black gold plates come with it and the original purchase reciept from 1953.
Bumblebee
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by Bumblebee »

ponyride wrote:Damn! I knew that was a risky post. Just polite conversation Les. :angel:
Your turn!!!! :poke:
Cheers Bee

Image Image ImageImageImageImage
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

68pony wrote:We bought another oldsmobile a 1953 98 this time , bit of a gangster ride this one Low and slow, ill let you know more next time i see ya but here are some pics,the 1953 black gold plates come with it and the original purchase receipt from 1953.
Has all the period good stuff on it, also looks like another decent ride in the driveway behind it.

Love them, good pick up Chris.... :thumbs:
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet