Ralphs Project GTA

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

goldscode
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Ralphs Project GTA

Post by goldscode »

Thought nows a good as time as any to start this thread , seeing as l actually got something done on the car, first off , pulled the drive shaft , then got onto removing the auto, thought l was as smart as gettin the plug for the rear of the box so as not to dump fluid all over the shed floor, but didnt realize when you disconnect the speedo cable .......... you gueesed it fluid all over the place !!! Even l had to laugh !! So when i finally rolled the box out , there was an intresting sticker on the bellhousing,

the dogs name is GNARLY layed under the car with me the whole time !!
feels great to have finaly made a start !!

cheers Ralph

( Will take mesuarments after l clean all the black tar type shit in the engine bay WTF ? )
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Ralphs Project GTA

Post by cage »

About time Ralph, looking forward to watching this one mate.
"The simple answer is, even if I have decided I still don't know what to do."
IGALOP
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by IGALOP »

Ralph, our twin to your Staffy is named Kiedis. Great mates aren't they......very loyal animals.
Selling the Mustang story to all those who will listen!
There are many listening in Gippsland.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Those at the Duggo MustangTech Birthday Bash have already met Harry.....

Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
shermatt
The Fatkid
The Fatkid

Post by shermatt »

Ralph

What are your plans?...Full resto?

Matt
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

have you seen these "reactor" kits .. different looking fastback.. just dont look at the price of the full kit in the "store" .. you will fall off your seat!

Ring Brothers
jusTANG
PatCH the Platypus
PatCH the Platypus

Post by jusTANG »

off track onto dogs on the first page :poke: .......well the first post :shrug:

Mustangtech strikes again it would seem :dance2:

edit: good to see the new shed gets a workout and you can start, will b e watching with interest.
Tell us more about the box when you research, interesting find :thumbs:
Cheers,
j
goldscode
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by goldscode »

shermatt wrote:Ralph

What are your plans?...Full resto?

Matt
Well were do you start Matt ,
Firstly the Marti has it as one of 123 with Burnt Amber / Parchment Deluxe trim, so is it rare enough to warant a concorse resto, not sure ?? Now that age old chestnut , RHD or not ? Taking into account its only origional once , the minute you paint, replace parts ,retrim , new glass etc its a rebuild,

So Plan A ,

restore as close to factory as possible,

Plan B,

RHD , Burnt Amber / Parchment Interior,
Stroked 390 to 427, Ally heads and intake,
4 wheel disc brakes, 3:25 9inch
4 speed auto,
mini tubs,
15x8 ,15x10 Magnums
Air , Steer, Schnell fenster,

So l am open to any comments or thoughts on either combo,now boys before you shit can plan B , tell me you wouldnt have it !!

On a side note , l was born in Germany, came out in 1963 , imagine my supprise when i see this on it after it comes all the way from California ,

let the games begin cheers Ralph
cage
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by cage »

What ever you do make sure you change your mind every two weeks. It works for me. :rotfl:
goldscode
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by goldscode »

ImageHad a reply from a member on the VMF forum , Cleans Racing Transmissions are from Long Beach CA, makes me wonder though , when i pulled the drive shaft out i could turn the yolk on the diff and only the passenger side wheel spun ?? :shrug:
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

cage wrote:What ever you do make sure you change your mind every two weeks. It works for me. :rotfl:
as long as add the "deluxe" package like in cage's avatar :DDD im hoping to add 2 of those :D
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Mini tubs.... Hmmmm.... :drool:

Talk to me if going in that direction as I have done many like the "factory" did them in 69 - 70 on the TA cars. Also can do a Watts link a la TA along with the TA wheel flares.

BTW, it's your car, build it the way you want plus it is not exactly rare, they did build a few 67 S code fastbacks. I have one in my shed that will end up being a Bullit clone & it is a S code GT.
Kerry

goldscode
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by goldscode »

Thanks for that Kerry, l whole heartedly agree lts my car, im not building it as a pose mobile , this will be my every day driver , ld rather have stone chips than mudflaps, the very reason l want to keep it auto is for the crap you have to go through wwhen some noodle nut blocks the freeway cause he only drives on the weekend and has lost the wheel of his trailer hes towed once this year, thanks also on your opinion of rarity, thought as much but wasnt sure,

So lm pretty happy with plan B,

Question, can 15x8 Magnums be modified to take a wider rim size ? or would it just be less of a pain to run Minilites

wth this set up would the seat have to be modified ??
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Move the wheel arch in to the upright of the rail. That gives you an extra 1 1/2". However you then need to run narrow springs (1 1/2" wide instead of the 2") & you then run a spacer on both the front eye bolt & the rear shackles. Flare the outer wheel arch TA style & you can get 12" wheels & tyres under there..... :thumbs: However 10's would be fine.

That is what I am doing to my B2 & will run Minilites. To be more "correct" in the period that the car was produced, you would run a torque thrust type wheel as that is what the TA cars of that year had. Late 69 & 70's TA cars had the Minilites. Early 69 TA cars had the daisy wheels.
Kerry

ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

TA style wheelarch....

Kerry