Scarlet

Create your project threads here if you prefer to keep them out of the regular forums

Moderator: Moderators

gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Re: Scarlet

Post by gbx78 »

Husky65 wrote:I thought the pump had to be gravity fed? Gee I should have put mine in the boot too
Nope. I checked with Snow. They said you could put either anywhere but to use a solenoid if mounting reservoir in boot or injector post TB. (Says in instructions too)..

I questioned the injector going in my discharge tube as its short and the BOV is too close and will just dump most of it. They mentioned its better in the upper intake post TB anyway with solenoid and the reason they generally say put it in the discharge tube is because of carb users as they have nowhere else to put it. But either or.
Last edited by gbx78 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
'You can never test fire too many times.' - Hybrid

'You can never have too many gauges' -
Boofhead
Husky65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Husky65 »

Who reads instructions......nerd
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Husky65 wrote:Who reads instructions......nerd

Hahaha well who wished they mounted it in the boot? Lol :D

Boofhead
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

What is that thing with the flow direction on it?
Is that a one way valve, or a filter? If it's a filter, I want one.

I ended up putting a filter from a spray gun on mine because I knew it would handle the pressure, but not sure if it will like meth.
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

hybrid wrote:My tank is vertically low and horizontally longer.
When my meth is getting low, the sloshing around causes the switch to toggle on/off, so it would be bad to attach any ECU switching to it. I just light an LED... still annoying seeing it go on and off though.

Probably wouldn't be an issue with the proper meth kit tanks as they seem to be deeper than wider.
Do you have any space for a stilling well to fit the switch too?
Husky65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Husky65 »

hybrid wrote:What is that thing with the flow direction on it?
It's a snow performance solenoid. Just something else that can fail and break your motor :poopfan:
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Husky65 wrote:
hybrid wrote:What is that thing with the flow direction on it?
It's a snow performance solenoid. Just something else that can fail and break your motor :poopfan:
Yep like most things. But if theres a pressure sensor after the solenoid that switches tables then that should mitigate this.. intercooling doesnt seem so bad now does it hehe

Boofhead
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Ahhh I've already got a solenoid, but that one is nice and small. Might change over to that if/when mine dies.

George is right. My water pressure switch will prevent the switch over to the aggressive tune if the solenoid fails.
On top of this, because it was designed to deliver water in a marine application, it also has an adjustable pressure cutout.
So once the pump senses 60PSI in the line, it cuts out.

This will prevent the motor(or anything else) burning out in the event that there's a blockage, or the solenoid doesn't open :poke: :poke:
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

nicely done G and friends.

with tune for meth the conservative tune should not be to far out if the variable pressure meth controller was working correctly. I say this only because hybrids meth pump just pushes lots of meth mix regardless of boost level. Hence you lean the secondary VE table to compensate for the extra fuel present. In that case you must have a meth mix never pure water only. If the meth/water mix is metered on a boost curve then I speculate that using a table switching mode would be unnecessary.
Last edited by boofhead on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will someday think of something clever to say.
boofhead
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by boofhead »

btw: your lift pump is a Holley Red :lol:
I will someday think of something clever to say.
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

boofhead wrote:nicely done G and friends.

with tune for meth the conservative tune should not be to far out if the variable pressure meth controller was working correctly. I say this only because hybrids meth pump just pushes lots of meth mix regardless of boost level. Hence you lean the secondary VE table to compensate for the extra fuel present. In that case you must have a meth mix never pure water only. If the meth/water mix is metered on a boost curve then I speculate that using a table switching mode would be unnecessary.
Not true boof.
We're talking about a safety for the meth not coming in at all.
Whether you have metered meth or not, you still have the boost and you don't want the tune going aggressive - either fueling or timing.

So IMO, even if you have metered meth, you would still switch tables, but fueling in the meth table shouldn't change much until you're pumping enough to affect it. Up top, they will be pumping in as much meth as me, so fueling would be similar. A meth failure at that point is just as dangerous as it is for me.

Having said that - when I'm seeing 70C intake temps even with low boost, I would be putting as much meth as required to bring that down. We don't really make boost unless we're trying because the bypass is open otherwise and just making lots of noise.

When you're talking about making power, it's timing that is the big factor and that's the thing you want to keep conservative when there's no meth.
I don't see how you can safely account for both scenarios without switching tables.
Husky65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Husky65 »

As I want to be super safe as I'm running my iron heads with hyper pistons. what do you think of using a solenoid that I connect to the bypass valve vacuum line. When 12v activates it, it vents the bypass valve vacuum line to air, and it will open. I can then connect that to either the flow sensor, meth low, or both.
You could also hide it pretty well, then connect it to a manual switch too. So if you ever drop your car off anywhere, or someone else drives it, the thing won't boost :D
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Husky65 wrote:As I want to be super safe as I'm running my iron heads with hyper pistons. what do you think of using a solenoid that I connect to the bypass valve vacuum line. When 12v activates it, it vents the bypass valve vacuum line to air, and it will open. I can then connect that to either the flow sensor, meth low, or both.
You could also hide it pretty well, then connect it to a manual switch too. So if you ever drop your car off anywhere, or someone else drives it, the thing won't boost :D
That could work if the meth pressure sensor was normally closed rather than normally open.
There would still be some boost because pressure still has to overcome the bypass valve spring for the valve to open.
Last edited by hybrid on Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
gbx78
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by gbx78 »

Snow perf have a safe injection module that does this.

http://www.snowperformance.net/Snow-Per ... /30020.htm

Boofhead
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

Retard Timing- detailed instructions on integrating with MSD, J&S Safeguard, & other popular aftermarket ignitions
Probably a good idea for a carby since you have no other control, but how will it work on megasquirt or other ECU?
To me it seems like a complicated option when your ECU can do it all.