RHD 2014 Mustang?

Technical Discussion on Mustangs built from 1979 onward

Moderator: Moderators

Cameron
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Re: RHD 2014 Mustang?

Post by Cameron »

I am +1 for the current and basically all of the "newer" 2004+ish styled mustangs. This one doesnt excite me as much.

Maybe it would more though if i lived in a Mustang saturated market like America where you see one every 5 minutes. Perhaps one of the US based boys can comment on the 2014 styling and how they expect it to be received by the US market where the newer mustang is no longer "new".

Just thinking to myself that it will be interesting which way Ford will go with its pricing structure. Am i right in thinking that you can drive a Mustang straight out of the dealers for US$25 grand? With the current (and predicted) currency rate (and imported vehicles/goods tax + taking into consideration the progression of the FTA between Aus and the US) would it be fair to say that we could see it here for around the same price?

That is unless Ford decide to price it higher because of the name, nostalgia and newness value. We could even see it start in the $40k price bracket.

But i hope not!

Thoughts?
Jiffy
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by Jiffy »

They'd run out the door at $40K - try $60K for the V8 version minimum is my prediction...
2002 SVT Cobra, 2003 Drive train, hood, bumpers, boot & spoiler, side scoops and soon - interior!!
1969 CJ 4 Speed car under restoration
0423 977 057
Dad
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by Dad »

I don't like it much. Looks a bit Euro for my liking.
Cheers,
Dad

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Dad wrote:I don't like it much. Looks a bit Euro for my liking.
Still years away & that is only a rendition to test what the reaction is.

Bet Ford (or those they employ to gather poll info) are reading everything on the net that has a heading mentioning "Mustang" & "2014" in the same heading.

It probably will look more mainstream by the time it reaches production.
Kerry

To our wives and sweethearts. May they never meet
Cruzn65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cruzn65 »

I think the styling points will be very closely aligned to the original Mustangs. I don't think people will really go for it if it looks like another spaceship on the road, another bubble with wheels, there are to many cars around that look exactly the same. Ford should use the heritage to full advantage to set it apart from everything else on the road. JMO
early Mustang enthusiast\collector of all bits Mustang
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

Cruzn65 wrote:I think the styling points will be very closely aligned to the original Mustangs. Ford should use the heritage to full advantage to set it apart from everything else on the road. JMO
Understand what you are saying, but....

1974 attempt....

1994 attempt......

2005 attempt....

Hope they are still getting better as the pics show....
Kerry

Cruzn65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cruzn65 »

absolutely! I'd take 2005 but the rest well.... best left unsaid :)
nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

Cruzn65 wrote:absolutely! I'd take 2005 but the rest well.... best left unsaid :)
Thats bullsh1t Craig, you would have anyone of those for the right price :-D (as would I).
Cruzn65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cruzn65 »

nassi wrote:
Cruzn65 wrote:absolutely! I'd take 2005 but the rest well.... best left unsaid :)
Thats bullsh1t Craig, you would have anyone of those for the right price :-D (as would I).
Nassi there is loving the Mustang and loving the Mustang - some of those even a Mustang 's mother couldnt love....anyway until the people mover Mustang is manufactured I've got bucklys and none of getting a new one :rant: :rant: :-D
hybrid
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by hybrid »

I wouldn't have any of them from the 1974 model up until the current shape.
In between those times, they just weren't Mustangs.
Jiffy
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by Jiffy »

Really? I've had my 2002 Cobra since new, driven it consistantly for 160,000K and it's never missed a beat. It always drawn lots of attention (un;less in the company of '60's Mustangs) and goes well, looks good and sounds great. Better looking from the rear than the front (which is what most people see...) and is every ounce a Mustang.

I can't wait until my '69 is finished, but I won't be replacing this Mustang with anything other than another Mustang for the foreseable future.
2002 SVT Cobra, 2003 Drive train, hood, bumpers, boot & spoiler, side scoops and soon - interior!!
1969 CJ 4 Speed car under restoration
0423 977 057
Dad
Senior Mustang
Senior Mustang

Post by Dad »

Jiffy wrote:I can't wait until my '69 is finished, .....
WHEN ????? :poke:
Cheers,
Dad

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
ozbilt
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ozbilt »

IMO

I loved the early cars to 1970, after 70 they lost the plot until......

The next great Mustang was the Fox bodied one from 79 - 93 with the 92 - 3 being the peak (we had a black T top 82 5.0 4 speed GT in the US, a great car).

After that I liked the 01 -2 (have access to a 01 Cobra convert. over here... :drool: ) then jumping to the 08 - 11 cars.

All of them were great in their own ways.
Kerry

nassi
Mustang King
Mustang King

Post by nassi »

and without the ugly and unloved ones the marque may have died. So imo they are all worthy.
cheers
Cruzn65
Mustang Star
Mustang Star

Post by Cruzn65 »

nassi wrote:and without the ugly and unloved ones the marque may have died. So imo they are all worthy.
cheers
said the wise man from the west....... :thumbs: :thumbs: